Opinion JAC LEGEND (OFFICIAL)

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will mean fuck all if he is not: 1. Paired with a useful centre. 2. Flanno pulls his finger out OR GETS DROPPED

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
Cotric passed the ball once for a try assist - before that he had 3 passes go behind the player, into touch. Why he has not been taught to pass well and practice like a bastard until you master such a critical part of your role is beyond me. Jac deserves better and we will waste money and the whole Club will suffer if we do not have players with an exceptional draw and pass dimension to their skill level, especially the backlines.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He's almost got as many tries in one game than we've scored in eight games.

A left edge of Burton, Naden and Fox could be as lethal as they come..
Naden plays on the right.
Im hoping that Baz gives Burton a license to float both sides.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If we don’t get smith next year also jac ain’t seeing any ball go his way like it does at Melbourne.
Im pretty sure Burton can do a cut out ball and he can also kick the ball for Jac to regather.
I know mind blowing right! we're so use to catch and pass/drop at the Bulldogs.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Naden plays on the right.
Im hoping that Baz gives Burton a license to float both sides.
Burton will definitely play both sides. I thought Naden has played left and right. He'd certainly be better suited to playing with Addo-Carr than Allan would. Although at least Allan has good hands also.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Doesn't Naden play left centre? I think he'll be outside Burton. That left edge should be deadly though
Don't forget about Alamoti. He plays on the right and Baz said don't be surprised to see him in the side in Rd1
I hope Cotric is the other winger and we can piss DWZ off to the Tigers. Allan can play for Mounties
Hopefully "another big boppa" is Lolo and JMK is not re-signed for next year.
Naden plays on the right number 3

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Burton will definitely play both sides. I thought Naden has played left and right. He'd certainly be better suited to playing with Addo-Carr than Allan would. Although at least Allan has good hands also.
Ive only seen him on the right.
I think we need Naden on the right to strengthen that side unless Alamoti can fix his defense and start playing with the big boys for the rest of the year and have a blinder.

You're hoping that Baz floats Burton next year he only plays left at the moment.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So fucking excited to see JAC at the club next year. Really starting to build a solid starting 17 and I think instead of proposing signing random players, we need to break it all up in edges and middles to understand where are the best combinations.

Left Edge
JAC
Schoupp/DWZ (prefer to release DWZ to free up some cash)
Doorey
Burton

Right Edge
Cotric
Naden
RFM
Flanno

Middles
Thompson
Smith/Clark (we will get one)
Another big boppa
Elliott
Averillo roaming at FB

Bench
Hetherington
Jacko
Waddell
JMK
I like where you are going with this but I think Allen has to be there.
I think Averillo goes to #14 super sub and we have either Allen or DWZ at fullback and the other at centre.

It's a lot easier said than done to release DWZ but I'd be for it. You could then have Allen at centre and Meaney at the back.
Meaney and Allan have both shown glimpses of being quality players, I think with good coaching and quality players around them, they will be good value.

Flanno is in a similar boat - He hasnt been good for us yet but I know he can be a lot better than what he is showing.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ive only seen him on the right.
I think we need Naden on the right to strengthen that side unless Alamoti can fix his defense and start playing with the big boys for the rest of the year and have a blinder.

You're hoping that Baz floats Burton next year he only plays left at the moment.
Fair enough re: Naden.. I think Burton naturally is a player that plays all over the park and Baz realises how talented, vital and special Burton is to just pigeon hole him to one side. The more Burton touches the ball and the less Flanagan does, the better...

In recent weeks we've even see Averillo play both sides at times which is likely a sign of things to come once Burton arrives.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Naden plays on the right number 3
Ah I thought he played on the left. I remember him scoring a try off a Burton kick when he was playing on the left so maybe he plays both sides. Whoever it is they need to be able to offload and put JAC in space so it can't be Cotric because he can't pass

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ah I thought he played on the left. I remember him scoring a try off a Burton kick when he was playing on the left so maybe he plays both sides. Whoever it is they need to be able to offload and put JAC in space so it can't be Cotric because he can't pass
Burton cut out ball! :tonguewink:

That might of been in reserves Naden has played fullback there a few times.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The number has nothing to do with it lol. Some teams play their number 4 on the right, e.g. Joseph Manu, Zac Lomax
Ive only seen him play right centre and fullback.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Hopefully Hopoate will retire or not be resigned next year he is way to slow & to old for the modern game and when Burton comes, Maybe we can move Averillo to the Centers depending on who TBZ selects at fullback ,We need to do something with Meaney, Allen, & DWZ one of them could be your center.
Hoppa who?

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Allen will play centre inside Cotric with DWZ at the back and naden and the fox on the other edge. Meaney would either be dropped to Mounties or released. But who knows what'll actually transpire..
Where do you see Averillo in all this, he is improving every week and was originally a center in the lower grade , and he won't be playing in halves once Burton gets here.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where do you see Averillo in all this, he is improving every week and was originally a center in the lower grade , and he won't be playing in halves once Burton gets here.
player swap for cheese maybe? no idea. i’d like to see him in the squad somewhere though