Isaiya Katoa signs with Dolphins, Brandy spits the Dummy

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The NRL should bring in a transfer system. Penrith should get compensated for losing a player they produced.
No they shouldn't, they didn't do jack s**t developing him, his father who has been his junior coach did, Penrith have idiot school teachers for rep coaches, they only get made to look good because the team is so strong.
Just wait a few years till Clearys younger son pushes Luai out the door.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Also a funny thing was Isaiya played rep union also, he had a gun at Penriths head, he played only 3 or 4 games HM last year and then went to union and Penrith let him do the same this year with SG Ball, he was going to do same thing. He is a fantastic player and I will bet my house on it, he will be a star nrl player, good kid also. Dogs should have signed him. Penrith are not loyal to alot of kids so why should the kids be.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Brandy has a point. I think players should be effectively the property of clubs and they could be traded while on contract. So if a player is hinting at leaving at least the club an get something in return. I’m also keen on a draft to be implemented and total shake up of junior system

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
it doesn't happen often that you really want to keep a junior and he goes somewhere else," Alexander said.

so whats the problem, alexander himself said its not often they want to keep a player
put your tampon back in brandy, your being a pussy

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cleary is 24 and still has 7-8 years at least ahead of him... Brandy whinges more than my 4 year old niece

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Oh boo hoo Brandy.

1. I'm sure you guys aren't going to be letting go of Nathan Cleary soon
  2. The Panthers are the Premiers, naturally other clubs are going to be targetting players from a successful team
Maybe other clubs should be shirty at the Panthers for all the crap players they offload to attempt to keep all their juniors.

The salary cap (well theoretically) is the same for all clubs and when the players of ability they have fought to keep can't get a clear passage through due to a star studded roster they will look elsewhere...
It is ironic that they feel hard done by when they themselves can be selfish in the way they try to stop juniors playing elsewhere..

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
There is only 2 solutions that would make it fair:

1. Keep things as is but add a transfer system where clubs get a transfer fee for players.

OR

2. Every club only has a NRL & Reserve Grade teams and all juniors have nothing to do with clubs. Every year there is a rookie draft for every player under 20 with the worst team getting the first pick like in the NFL.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
There is only 2 solutions that would make it fair:
1. Keep things as is but add a transfer system where clubs get a transfer fee for players.
If the transfer fee is not included in the Cap then the "rich clubs" will benefit the most because they can afford to pay unlimited transfer fees. Since we are one of the "rich clubs" it's probably good for us.

If it is included in the Cap then the clubs with small junior areas to draw from have to transfer in players and effectively have a smaller Cap. Since we are one of the clubs with a decent junior capture area it's probably good for us.

The real trick is defining what a "local junior" is and how much a transfer fee should be.

2. Every club only has a NRL & Reserve Grade teams and all juniors have nothing to do with clubs. Every year there is a rookie draft for every player under 20 with the worst team getting the first pick like in the NFL.
That would cut off major source of funding for junior RL clubs, which don't have enough money now.

Always a Bulldog