Is it that point now?

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Need to remember South's and Panthers will have players out and or rested for origin so hopefully won't be as bad as today. Starting to lose faith with CC though and was so optimistic... In terms of coaches probs nothing better Maybe Mcquire? Always thought he would be a better fit for our club than the tigers.
So with their players out they are at about Newcastle’s level….

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Everyone needs to chill. When we win, we say our players are world beaters, when we lose we turn. Let’s chill. And for those who have been death riding the club for a number of years - good luck to you. You are the most genuine supporters of all…not
For this specific game, with all their origin players available, fans earned the right to speak up and vent their disappointment - they just didn’t turn up to work…simple - it’s unacceptable in that Bulldogs jersey. Club should be made to know about it, half-time and full time “boo’s” hitting the media is a start.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That’s the problem. Now people think that losing by 40 to a top 4 team is satisfactory and when they lose we have to go easy on them sorry we pay our hard earn cash on tickets merch and memberships and this is what they produce it’s shit 3 weeks in a row horrible and the next few weeks ain’t getting better if we played south’s or penrith last week they put 90 on us. They simply gave up yesterday and I’ve never seen our team
Give up . We had nothing in attack predictable attack 4 one outs and a 2 block back line shape to hit Preston out wide ain’t gonna cut it we’re paying ciraldo 700-800k a year to play a game plan any amateur coach could play .we play this forward game that do t work cause we are soft simple it work 15 years ago when we had great forwards

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At George literally stole our coach. How can we sign another dud assistant. They’re all the same. They get the hot seat and shit the bed. Besides Fitzgibbon.

Bullpit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone needs to chill. When we win, we say our players are world beaters, when we lose we turn. Let’s chill. And for those who have been death riding the club for a number of years - good luck to you. You are the most genuine supporters of all…not
If you can chill after that game, you must question yourself - are YOU a true supporter? This is the “morning after” and I am as upset and frustrated as I was after the game!

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Even the normal optimists on the kennel today were in absolute raptures but here you are still chill and optimistic. I have to give you credit, you are the like the final boss for optimism
Or the last wildebeest in the herd that believes the lions are friendly.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
100%% dragons will benefit big time. At this point you’d take Hilbrook, problem is Gus can’t land anyone and it’s going to be hard to get anyone interested in turning this shambles of a club around.
We need new players, not a new coach.

Ciraldo would be coach of the year if he had the Storm, Panthers, or Broncos players.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's a new age coach, just like new age halfbacks he coaches to structures. He doesn't know any other way. He'd probably coach a gun squad pretty well, but he isn't able to get the best out of a squad who isn't up to it.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
He's a new age coach, just like new age halfbacks he coaches to structures. He doesn't know any other way. He'd probably coach a gun squad pretty well, but he isn't able to get the best out of a squad who isn't up to it.
No coach could make our squad competitive. They are all overpaid marshmallows, who are too soft and too precious to put in the hard yards.

Karma will hit them when they finally realise that they have played themselves out of high paying futures, and find themselves as third grade waterboys by age 30.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fuck I really hope that is not the case..

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No coach could make our squad competitive. They are all overpaid marshmallows, who are too soft and too precious to put in the hard yards.

Karma will hit them when they finally realise that they have played themselves out of high paying futures, and find themselves as third grade waterboys by age 30.
No coach could make us world beaters but I think there are coaches who would have us playing better than we are.. but I agree with the overpaid marshmallow comment. Preston is a rookie and plays with more toughness than any other player in the forward pack.. and fmd some of the backs... even with our shitty squad there has been plenty of questionable team selections

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wanted flanno, and why?? Because he had great success as a coach. He knows and reads the game really well. All about experience, no more Rookies.
I know your disappointed Scoob, but Drug scandal aside … the Nrl have admitted, under Flanagans reign the Sharks rorted the salary cap 2 years before they won their premiership and for 2 years after their premiership, and they were fined appropriately .. funny enough they happened to be ‘under” the cap the year they won, work that weird one out ..

Moral of the story .. he’s a cheat and we don’t need any more scandals like that at this club ..

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I know your disappointed Scoob, but Drug scandal aside … the Nrl have admitted, under Flanagans reign the Sharks rorted the salary cap 2 years before they won their premiership and for 2 years after their premiership, and they were fined appropriately .. funny enough they happened to be ‘under” the cap the year they won, work that weird one out ..

Moral of the story .. he’s a cheat and we don’t need any more scandals like that at this club ..
Do you know what the Cronulla Salary Cap rort actually was?
A few of the Leagues Club Board Members set up a separate company that then went out and canvased for 3rd Party Agreements for players. That was self reported by then Cronulla CEO Barry Russel. The fine the NRL issued was $250k, hardly a big deal.

It (canvasing for TPA's) is pretty much the same as what the Chooks do in the Chairman's Lounge and what the Donkeys do via the Thoroughbreds.

Always a Bulldog

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

The official line on them being under the cap when winning the GF was that the team that took the field wasn't over the cap. Add the other 13 members of the top 30 and I think it's a different story.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The official line on them being under the cap when winning the GF was that the team that took the field wasn't over the cap. Add the other 13 members of the top 30 and I think it's a different story.
Lol. Can you imagine if they had a 1M player sent off in the first quarter of the game and were brought "under" by pro-rata the 750k!!

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Well that was the case for the 2002 Bulldogs. The team on the field wasn't overpaid. It was the reserve grade team that was overpaid for depth. And when you win the comp, it's usually cause you have used enough of those blokes to fill holes during the season. You probably don't make the grand final without those guys playing effective minutes.