Opinion Is Burton disinterested?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It will probably be too late by then.
I really don't care bro, this season was a write off even before kickoff.

I just want that assistant fraud out of our club.

But I do get you, instead of getting rid of him after round 6-8, Gus will try to protect his ego and leave him there longer.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think Burton will go back to Penrith and play 6.

No pressure on him at Panthers and Cleary will do all the organizing.

It will free him like it did to Luke Brooks.

Burton has talent, but he doesn't have the heart or desire to be an alpha player.

He is a sidekick style player.
Doubt it, Cleary sees him as a center. Brooks actually has the skillset of a half, he can play short, long or put in a kick for placement. I honestly haven't seen anything in Burton that tells me that he's a half.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really don't care bro, this season was a write off even before kickoff.

I just want that assistant fraud out of our club.

But I do get you, instead of getting rid of him after round 6-8, Gus will try to protect his ego and leave him there longer.
the tigers out manoeuvred Gus , with the 5 year offer they done , they snookered him to giving him 5 years .
Seriously 5 year contract for unproven coach fmd

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
the tigers out manoeuvred Gus , with the 5 year offer they done , they snookered him to giving him 5 years .
Seriously 5 year contract for unproven coach fmd
It seems an outrageous and irresponsible decision at this stage.

Pray it hasn't been :grinning:

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
We can all talk ad much as we want, nothing will happen except a repeat of what we said this weekend.

It's just sad. I remember even 6-7 years ago we had more Dogs fans in Parra JRL than parra fans. Now I'm lucky to find a kid who likes the Dogs.
I’d ask how many of them or even their parents were alive last time pawwa won a title?

J_Cooper

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
BRO, he’s a FKN FRAUD. I’m sorry but the sooner he’s gone the better our team will be as a whole. FFS

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I’d ask how many of them or even their parents were alive last time pawwa won a title?
That's my go to my brother.

It's the best when the parents say they weren't born then lol

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Burto is to timid. With others it’s that there not good enough thing is burton is good enough but his to timid that’s what’s fucking annoying. It’s down to him at the end of day the day.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So many examples of halves that can and have turned games around with their smart play despite being under the pump. If you dont know this you clearly havent watched enough league.
So many yet you didnt name any.. Name 1 half that played in a team with props as bad as ours today in a side that made as many errors and was up against a side even close to parras size.. Youre talking out of your ass, There isnt a half on the planet that could have turned that game around.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
So many yet you didnt name any.. Name 1 half that played in a team with props as bad as ours today in a side that made as many errors and was up against a side even close to parras size.. Youre talking out of your ass, There isnt a half on the planet that could have turned that game around.
Take Mitchell Moses out of the Parra side, and we could have beaten them.

Give us Hunt at halfback and we'd beat anyone.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don’t think anyone was expecting a half to have two try assists, couple of line break assists and a line break himself in that game today with the possession. It’s not about that, it’s about how he barely even tries. Rarely gets his hand on the footy, never see him organising a backline, Mahoney goes the other way half the time because Burton is standing there with nothing set up. When he finally gets the ball it’s always the wrong option.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good time for a will ciraldo see his full term out poll?
In all honesty it’s like we are trained to play hard and hard only and we leave any form of attack in the bin.
No stage could we stretch parra and it seems this negative footy is gonna get our players hurt .
Bash and barge in all seriousness cmon ,where is our attacking flair?
It’s round one but I have never seen Kiraz get so dominated he is always good for almost 4-5 offloads a game I don’t think he did one.
I mean if coach is telling them to hold the pill and run hard we are absolutely killing ourself and any hope to be competitive.
To me this safety first attempt ain’t what the bulldogs should be.
We need to break the shackles off against Cronulla otherwise we are going to get toweled up big time.
We thought parra had huge forwards Cronulla much bigger .

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burtons kicks not only on the field but importantly for goal are frustrating, give the keys to Chrichton to kick. Burton is just so chill it’s annoyong

ShepardDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
low footy iq, very stupid and too quiet. There’s just too much responsibility for him he can’t handle it, the quicker he is moved to the centres the better we will play the better he will play and he’ll feel much better and comfortable also.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Burto is to timid. With others it’s that there not good enough thing is burton is good enough but his to timid that’s what’s fucking annoying. It’s down to him at the end of day the day.
He wasn't timid at Penrith or his first year with us or when he stood over Moses abusing him.

He looks like he lacks drive and motivation...probably has a huge NFL offer and it's messing with his head.... or he is unsettled with our roster and Ciro's gameplan (or such).

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He wasn't timid at Penrith or his first year with us or when he stood over Moses abusing him.

He looks like he lacks drive and motivation...probably has a huge NFL offer and it's messing with his head.... or he is unsettled with our roster and Ciro's gameplan (or such).
Penrith’s worst stretch of games in the last 4 years were when Burton took over the halves duty during Origin. Haven’t seen anything from him ever maybe outside of reserve grade that shows he is a half.