Is Barrett the coach to get us a Premiership?

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of course there's no real talent available. And if that idiot in charge had his way, there will NEVER be enough quality players to cover the competition. I think V'Landys and his cronies are making a BIG mess of the NRL and at the rate they are going any new CEO will take years to fix the sh!t show. Here's the comparison...
Hasler @ Dogs = V'Landys @ NRL

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cant believe all the talk is about only Madge getting sacked he at least won a premiership. What has our dumbledorf done.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate I couldn’t say it better myself. We need to find another coach. His coaching methods are amateur at best.
Maguire would be someone to get us there if we had a good enough roster. Bloke can coach but can’t attract players.
If recruiting is left to Gould he could put together a winning roster.
I will cop some flack for this but I honestly believe Maguire is streaks ahead of Baz in the coaching department.

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we get the spoon again this year
It’s time to look elsewhere

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we get the spoon again this year
It’s time to look elsewhere
We cannot wait anywhere near that long.

If there isn’t some form of turnaround in the style and quality of the performances he needs to go soon.

It’s not as much the wins and losses. It’s how the team plays. They need to at least have a go and at least compete. They meet to want to play for the coach. Looking at it from the stands. He doesn’t have the respect of his players.

Bacon_Muffin

Waterboy
Reaction score
Trent sacked after round 12
Who has been playing on Trent's Wikipedia, says sacked after 2 wins in 12 rounds, whoever it was I will shout you a Kebab after the next home game.

Malla

Reaction score
What I have heard....

Baz won't be here come 2023. I have heard that it's not about the football or tactics or anything like that. Gus is purely looking at whether the team (more notably certain individuals in the team) are responding to Baz. Writing is on the wall for Baz, he's gone and he knows it.

Either Gus just lets this season ride out and severs ties with Baz at the end of the year OR if things get worse and we keep losing, he gives him the flick mid year and lets Tangles coach the remainder of the season. Gus really rates David apparently. He coached the U20s and NSW Cup squads at Penrith back in the mid 2010's and had a lot to do with some of the young guys in first grade today so Gus knows what he's about. First thing Gus did at Dogs was brought back the Canterbury NSW Cup team and handed the head coaching gig to David so I can only assume he rates him highlyl. He has done his time as a juniors/reggies coach and he might be ready for the step up into first grade. We'll see.

jordansaba

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What I have heard....

Baz won't be here come 2023. I have heard that it's not about the football or tactics or anything like that. Gus is purely looking at whether the team (more notably certain individuals in the team) are responding to Baz. Writing is on the wall for Baz, he's gone and he knows it.

Either Gus just lets this season ride out and severs ties with Baz at the end of the year OR if things get worse and we keep losing, he gives him the flick mid year and lets Tangles coach the remainder of the season. Gus really rates David apparently. He coached the U20s and NSW Cup squads at Penrith back in the mid 2010's and had a lot to do with some of the young guys in first grade today so Gus knows what he's about. First thing Gus did at Dogs was brought back the Canterbury NSW Cup team and handed the head coaching gig to David so I can only assume he rates him highlyl. He has done his time as a juniors/reggies coach and he might be ready for the step up into first grade. We'll see.
shane or we riot

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The next 6 weeks is going to be a very defining time for Barrett.
Ok, so he didn't have the players last year, we get it.
This year we have played last years top 4 teams in the opening six rounds, we get it.
This year our new players needed time to gel, ok we get it.

No excuses next 6 weeks, 5 very winnable games, we've had the first month and a half to get used to playing together, Flanagan is looking ok in his return to FG. There is absolutely NO EXCUSE to win at least 4 from 6 in the next six weeks. Very defining time for the coach, club and the players. We are at our wits end. Time to deliver.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I dont believe the current roster is capable enough to win many games.
Sorry mate but this is just loser talk and that breeds a loser mentality. I hope our club has not gone in with the same attitude for this season

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What I have heard....

That’s a plausible theory

Though David Reggie’s have been slapped last two weeks including the weekend when we were up 18/0 at the half and lose 34-18

We need an experienced coach

grunta

= dOgGyStYlE =
Reaction score
What I have heard....

Thanks for the info bro, much appreciated...

But no chance this club will be looking at another rookie unproven coach! We have made this mistake twice with our last 2 coaches, Dean Pay and Trent Barrett... these two decisions have now set us back even further with our rebuild! This time right now ( this rebuild) is a very important and crucial time for our clubs future, it has to be done right. The right decisions have to be made otherwise we will be set back another 10 years and all of these high profile signings we've made or will be make will be of no use... I personally think our only option here is Shane Flanagan! He's an experienced hard nosed proven premiership winer with runs on the board... if Gus hasn't thought about him or made subtle inquiries about him then Gus isn't doing his job properly! If we miss out on Shane to the Tigers or St.George then we definitely slippes up and missed the boat on this one

Malla

Reaction score
That’s a plausible theory

Though David Reggie’s have been slapped last two weeks including the weekend when we were up 18/0 at the half and lose 34-18

We need an experienced coach
I think the results there have more to do with the team chopping and changing last minute for first grade.

Malla

Reaction score
Thanks for the info bro, much appreciated...

But no chance this club will be looking at another rookie unproven coach! We have made this mistake twice with our last 2 coaches, Dean Pay and Trent Barrett... these two decisions have now set us back even further with our rebuild! This time right now ( this rebuild) is a very important and crucial time for our clubs future, it has to be done right. The right decisions have to be made otherwise we will be set back another 10 years and all of these high profile signings we've made or will be make will be of no use... I personally think our only option here is Shane Flanagan! He's an experienced hard nosed proven premiership winer with runs on the board... if Gus hasn't thought about him or made subtle inquiries about him then Gus isn't doing his job properly! If we miss out on Shane to the Tigers or St.George then we definitely slippes up and missed the boat on this one
That's just what I heard mate

It's a tough one because you don't want to bring in the wrong 'experienced' coach either. Look at Griffen at Dragons or Smith at Warriors or even Holebrook at Titans. Payton on the other hand at Cowboys is having a crack. Brad Arthur rebuilt Parra by himself to what we see now. I don't think it's a bad thing to blood a rookie, but Gus' responsibility would be not leaving him out to dry.

Anyway, I have absolute trust in that Gus will make the correct decision, whatever he chooses to do. He inherited Baz so I am sure he is keen to get a coach in he endorses.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What I have heard....

Hey Malla, where did you hear this. We don’t need you to give up anyones name, but it would be good to k ow how you got the information.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry mate but this is just loser talk and that breeds a loser mentality. I hope our club has not gone in with the same attitude for this season
Mate I tend to agree with us not capable of winning games. I don’t know what we are missing, you appear to be seeing something else? Not having a go at you, but I wish I had your confidence right now. We realistically not showing any improvement from last year - it all comes down to results and we don’t look like climbing that ladder in the short term.

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
its what i expect if this rot continues barrett will get the boot from Gus
Gould has the mandate