News Is Barrett the attacking coach or just a myth vote?

Is Barrett really a great attacking coach or is it just a myth?

• Total voters

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He won't be judged on this year. Next year is the yard stick. To be fair to him, he's game plan has exposed the regular frauds. The same 3 week in week out.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Obviously we don't have much talent and have a makeshift spine. Plus shocking errors at crucial times/dumb footy from players kill us.

But still, the continual predictable one out or block play footy is not what I expected from an attacking coach and Barrett's selections and rotations are getting worse by the week.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I really cant understand it not even halfway through the season , virtually the same side as last year , its almost laughable.
Look mate, put very simply some are unhappy with the change in coaching / board and will drop the knees in hard when we are down. The same people will go missing when we start winning.

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
How the fuck do you know Barret introduced the structures at the Panthers?
Exactly.

It’s all garbage.

Friends in high places ensure people get hyped up in the NRL.

Gould pushed his barrow when the dogs were looking for a coach because he loves Barrett - a good mate of his.

It was about getting him a head coach salary. Nothing to do with merit - there were better coaches on the market FFS.

Barrett is an assistant coach. Probably a better football manager than a coach.

He speaks well to the media, presents well, all of that. But unfortunately, he doesn’t have the man management skills, tactically inept - Christ, how long does one have to wait before he shows something of value as a head coach, how many goes does he get?

Sad thing is, we took the bait and signed him for 3 years.

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look mate, put very simply some are unhappy with the change in coaching / board and will drop the knees in hard when we are down. The same people will go missing when we start winning.
I gathered that same posters all the time but really after every loss a sack Barrett or similar threads , how can you they taken serious lol.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Our attack has looked far better since Flanagan has been dropped.. in fact we've actually been able to compete for the win since Flanagan has been gone.. he should of been dropped long time .. now Barrett needs to drop Elliot, Hoppa and katoa..

Rassayri

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate the Penrith players themselves credited Baz for their improved attack. The year before when Cleary was the coach their attack was trash. This year Penrith have just kept using the same attacking structures that Baz implemented.

I'm going to wait until we have a NRL standard spine before I judge our attack because right now our spine is a joke (Avo is OK but the rest are trash)

In saying that I have NFI why Baz keeps picking S. Kotoa. His team selections are not doing him any favours. He needs to stop being loyal to plodders and give the young guys a go. Hoppa, Elliot, Napa and Kotoa need to fuck off and never come back
Yeah Family Guy who they gonna put there ?

Jay76

Waterboy
Reaction score
I hate Lewis but he needs to return... My spine would be
1. Averillo (last chance)
6. Lewis
7. Flanagan
9. Deitz (JMK if fit)
Not the biggest fan of this spine at all, but it's the best options we have ATM.

Keep Meaney wing, shift DWZ to wing so Schoupp and Cotric can play centre.
I think Avo offers more than Flanno at 7. He engages the defence, which creates more space for the outside backs. Although, doesn't look to be the game managing type at the moment. For now, I'm incline to persist with him at 7. Depending on who we recruit, I see him as back up to our main play makers next year. I've never understood the wraps on Flanno. Although, I thought similarly about Nathan Clearly about three years ago. I don't think Flanno posses Cleary's athleticism, and is unlikely to improve like Cleary. I wouldn't include Lewis in the first grade side. I think he offers less than the other options.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
He's on the right path about now with good showings the last couple of weeks, havn't really interfered lately too busy struggling with propaganda.