News Is Barrett the attacking coach or just a myth vote?

Is Barrett really a great attacking coach or is it just a myth?

• Total voters

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Cleary, luai, kikau, edwards, Crichton, to’o, korosaui

against

Averillo, katoa, dwz, hoppa, Elliot, flanagan, Meaney

apples and oranges
Nasheed here,
Pleased to meet you.

isn’t that the thing though?
Adapting to your dawgs?
As opposed to getting attacking structures out of a can?
And also he had a blank cheque this year to recruit some attack and passes them up for flanno and Allen.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
It's not that hard really.:

Topine replaces Kotoa (until JMK returns)
Haleta replaces Hoppa
Anyone NSW cup prop can replace Napa
Anyone NSW cup player replaces Elliot

They won't be here next year so why they should be here now
Elliott will yo

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder where those brilliant attacking structures were at Manly??
I dont know mate. I haven't watched any non-Bulldogs games since 2016 but last year I remember the Panthers players all giving Baz credit for their attack. Maybe they were just being nice and it was all BS - I have no idea, but the block plays and the forward dominated attack we see from this side is nauseating to watch.

I don't give a crap who the coach is as long as start winning. I'm giving Baz until next year before I start calling for his head but I thought we'd be doing better than this

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
YES, you haven’t seen him in 22 with some quality players. END OF.!!

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Barrett is just like 90% of our squad - not up to NRL standards
The only way this club will improve long term is by creating a winning culture. I don’t mean a team that wins every week. It’s a culture where players put in every week, regardless of the playing talent available. A team will never have a perfect roster, there will always be players that need to be coached, developed, motivated etc.

Barrett has proven in his first off season and the first 11 games that he has had little to no impact on these players. In fact, the impact has been negative.

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not that hard really.:

Topine replaces Kotoa (until JMK returns)
Haleta replaces Hoppa
Anyone NSW cup prop can replace Napa
Anyone NSW cup player replaces Elliot

They won't be here next year so why they should be here now
Because supercoach keeps picking them

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry but anyone that thinks Baz is the problem has no fucking idea.

Elliott throwing impossible offloads on tackle 2 when we were odds on to score. Ava and Thompson dropping the ball on tackle 1 in great field position. Katoa throwing forward passes. Averillo kicking over the sideline.

If it was under 10’s the blowtorch is on Baz but ffs he is not a miracle worker.

And people saying pick someone else ??? Have you seen our depth ????????

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ciraldo is highly underrated. He needs to be credited for penrith’s rise. We signed the wrong assistant

EzyB

Banned
Reaction score
Cleary is the biggest muppet , how can anyone forget him at the tigers????
Mbye- 800k
Reynolds- 900k
Pretty sure he brought farrah back
Then left the tigers in a salary cap mess, Then used his son to bargain his job at Penrith.
Cleary is a scum of all coaches hope he never wins a grandfinal.
If you think Barrett is a shit coach ask yourself this question how would he do at Melbourne, roosters or even south’s?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm not going to make excuses for this year beyond the fact that our roster has some holes even before we copped a truckload of injuries and suspension.

But in the games I've watched, I haven't seen support play when we make line breaks. Our halves until now haven't threatened with running much or last tackle kicks. Our errors have killed us when chances are opening up. Our defence at times is worse than I've ever seen it.

Barrett inherited a squad that lacks talent in key areas. A squad that has some attacking hangovers from previous coaches. And lastly our halves for most of the year are inexperienced and needing a leader to emerge. And yes this is more excuses after I said that the roster was the only one I'd mention.

In saying all of that I'm not going to write Barrett off yet. Turning the Panthers around began with getting a good hooker that gave them direction, confidence and time when their halves were hitting a time when they'd had a few seasons of NRL to develop.

If we wind up with a hooker that provides direction it's hopefully going to have a huge impact. Burton will hopefully be supported by improved halves by next season and our backline next year will hopefully be pretty potent with JAC, Naden, DWZ, Cotric and Okunbor back.

Looks like the best backline we'll have had in a few years. We're used to having a dominant forward pack though and we still need a little more quality there to even be considered a middle of the table standard.

So to finish up what has become a longer post than I intended, you can't win a grand prix with a go cart. Our attack has improved slowly despite our spine not being brilliant, our defence needs to, we still need to find composure and nail ball security. Hopefully we assemble a squad that has more to offer just from individual ability. But nailing down a winning spine is key to making life easier for Barrett. I blame our players for our deficiencies as much as Barrett at this stage.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Mate the Penrith players themselves credited Baz for their improved attack. The year before when Cleary was the coach their attack was trash. This year Penrith have just kept using the same attacking structures that Baz implemented.

I'm going to wait until we have a NRL standard spine before I judge our attack because right now our spine is a joke (Avo is OK but the rest are trash)

In saying that I have NFI why Baz keeps picking S. Kotoa. His team selections are not doing him any favours. He needs to stop being loyal to plodders and give the young guys a go. Hoppa, Elliot, Napa and Kotoa need to fuck off and never come back
Agree mate

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The team hasnt been performing. But to blame Barrett is a cop out.
You cant expect second division players to be able to compete with first division players.
The team is not capable of adhering to any sort of game plan.
The team does not have an on field leader.
The front low does not provide any sort of momentum.
So, the coach (or any other coach) will not provide any more than is whats happening.