Opinion Is a Bulldogs Panthers Alliance Forming?

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Doesnt really make sense for my mind.
Slept with the enemy for the better outcome in this instance I feel.
Best for TPJ to be playing footy with top4 side for the rest of the season I think.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If anything there's probably more animosity and resentment because Gus would have issues with Ivan and several others.

Pogboom

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Fuck panthers didn’t give us burton early and not playing him at 7 when he Clearly is a way better option then may shows how much of alliance that is

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wonder if Dogs and Panthers grand finals are the new normal in the coming years ;)
You forgot to mention that struggling team called the Storm..

I expect Storm to dominate for at least next 3 years with Pap Munster Hughes and Grant locked in their roster as well as so many other good players (add potentially keeping B Smith)..

Wouldnt suprise me seeing them win several comps in a row..

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
How did you draw that conclusion? Both Gus and Barrett have had fallings out with Penrith, we've poached one of their best young talents and have had a crack at several others allegedly..

TPJ would of been completely out of the dogs hands once they rejected his immediate switch..

Talk about misreading the room.. just because it's a mutually beneficial agreement does not mean it was mutually organised.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With our more recent signings we seemed to have quietened the backflip talk…

We are building something special, and from our recruits and potential recruits only Vaughn would be the player with his best footy behind him.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes we’re tight as that’s why they released Burton and Brandy wasn’t a smartarse when asked about releasing Burton

Dave Holland & Nasheed had a love child and he grew up and started this thread

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
FCUK NO!!! THEY HATE US... WE DONT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THEM. FCUK ALL OF THEM ESPESCIALLY GREGORY ALEXHANDHER THE BITTER FLOG!

Im telling you now they grabbed TPJ to get one on us the sad fux.

Doggystyle99

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
My prediction is a panthers vs dogs 2024 final and the entire hype is Barrett and Gould vs Ivan and co

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I still am baffled at why Broncos sre letting him go, dogs have an easy draw and I cant see Broncos winning another game. You would think they would do anything to avoid the spoon. I think Broncos will still be shit next year as well so there is a big chance they will win three spoons in a row. TPJ has been their best player this year. Weird.
Prolly his attitude and me instead if we

He needs a change

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
You forgot to mention that struggling team called the Storm..

I expect Storm to dominate for at least next 3 years with Pap Munster Hughes and Grant locked in their roster as well as so many other good players (add potentially keeping B Smith).

Wouldnt suprise me seeing them win several comps in a row..
Who is the coach when Bellamy leaves, this year maybe, next year definitely?

They have only had 3 coaches in their 23 years, Anderson for 3 years, great coach, finals every year, 1 premiership. Murray 2 years, shit coach, didn’t make the finals. Bellamy the 18 years since, his record speaks for itself.

Who takes over, the assistant coaches are Kearney and Brentnall? Ryles was the logical successor till he went to the UK, but he’s replacing Fitzgibbon at the Chooks on a 3 year contract.

In the last 2 years Melbourne have lost their best assistant coach, their General Manager of Football (that’s Gould’s position with us, so somewhat important), their long term captain, one if their co captains this year won’t be there next year and their even longer term coach is gone this year or next. With Bellamy gone no way I can see them keeping both BSmith and Grant and players playing there for big unders will be a thing of the past.

There‘s no NRL magic dust in Melbourne, they have done well due to good people at the top (a chunk of salary cap cheating didn’t hurt) and a number of them have gone or will be gone soon. There’s no guarantee that they will continue.

Always a Bulldog

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Who is the coach when Bellamy leaves, this year maybe, next year definitely?

They have only had 3 coaches in their 23 years, Anderson for 3 years, great coach, finals every year, 1 premiership. Murray 2 years, shit coach, didn’t make the finals. Bellamy the 18 years since, his record speaks for itself.

Who takes over, the assistant coaches are Kearney and Brentnall? Ryles was the logical successor till he went to the UK, but he’s replacing Fitzgibbon at the Chooks on a 3 year contract.

In the last 2 years Melbourne have lost their best assistant coach, their General Manager of Football (that’s Gould’s position with us, so somewhat important), their long term captain, one if their co captains this year won’t be there next year and their even longer term coach is gone this year or next. With Bellamy gone no way I can see them keeping both BSmith and Grant and players playing there for big unders will be a thing of the past.

There‘s no NRL magic dust in Melbourne, they have done well due to good people at the top (a chunk of salary cap cheating didn’t hurt) and a number of them have gone or will be gone soon. There’s no guarantee that they will continue.

Always a Bulldog
Ryles will be their coach, has get out clause for a head coaching job as all the good assistants do.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Ryles will be their coach, has get out clause for a head coaching job as all the good assistants do.
Ryles knew that 2020 or 2021 was Bellamy’s last year, logically he would stick around knowing that he had the gig. That’s if he wasn’t told that he wasn‘t getting the job, hence why he left. Even more reason, this year he signed for 3 years with the Chooks. Why do that when he knows Bellamy is leaving? Plus, getting out of the UK because of COVID, he’s working as an assistant at Melbourne currently until he starts at the Chooks in November.

Logically, from the outside, Ryles taking over from Bellamy looks unlikely.

Always a Bulldog