Opinion Is a Bulldogs Panthers Alliance Forming?

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
It appears to me that given Gus and Baz were a part of helping Penrith, there are strong ties there.

I think this chess move of encouraging TPJ to help Penrith win this year's premiership is a part of an alliance forming with Penrith.

Their young development program feeds them more talent than they can handle - so I wonder whether this will lead to the Dogs getting their share.

Makes sense given Penrith can't keep them all and they will bottle next below the star players over the next several years!

Interesting to see how this develops and whether the theory proves to be true.

I wonder if Dogs and Panthers grand finals are the new normal in the coming years ;)

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It appears to me that given Gus and Baz were a part of helping Penrith, there are strong ties there.

I think this chess move of encouraging TPJ to help Penrith win this year's premiership is a part of an alliance forming with Penrith.

Their young development program feeds them more talent than they can handle - so I wonder whether this will lead to the Dogs getting their share.

Makes sense given Penrith can't keep them all and they will bottle next below the star players over the next several years!

Interesting to see how this develops and whether the theory proves to be true.

I wonder if Dogs and Panthers grand finals are the new normal in the coming years ;)
He's not contracted to the Bulldogs until next year.
It was the Broncos who released him to go there nothing to do with the Bulldogs.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No penrith try sending them to bears first, bears are feeder for roosters as well as central coast roosters are also, if Penrith juniors go elsewhere they generally don't get them back, cause they are wrapped up quickly.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
One thing I can see Dogs and Penriff board joining forces on down the track is any push to give greater benefit for development of juniors, such as transfer fees, greater cap subsidies, etc.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
I still am baffled at why Broncos sre letting him go, dogs have an easy draw and I cant see Broncos winning another game. You would think they would do anything to avoid the spoon. I think Broncos will still be shit next year as well so there is a big chance they will win three spoons in a row. TPJ has been their best player this year. Weird.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
No. They're our biggest rivals.

Bulldogsforlife23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yh na they are still chucking a sook about burton coming here and is targeting there players and Gus coming here so na

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You wouldn't really form alliances in a local comp. Maybe with a super league team yes.