Is a broken Keiran Foran still better than a brand new Kyle Flanagan?

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Is Barrett buying whoever?

Keiran Foran on his day is a great player, premiership winner with experience. Of course he is broken too often but if we greased the wheels a little better is he still a better option than Flannagan?

A broken Foran might still be better than a brand new flanagan
Foran well more experienced at present but is an uncertain acquisition from week to week or minute to minute.
Id rather us grow a young talent who can lead our club for the next 10 years even if it takes him 2-3 years if that to master his craft as he has the attributes already.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Foran was offered a fair revised offer to resign to suit his potential output with his injury’s and screwed his nose at it and went to manly I’d prefer Flanagan he is young and if coaches right can be anything with his own father a coach will help him too and Shane would have advised him to have a look at us it’s a great positive sign in recruit confidence

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Foran was offered a fair revised offer to resign to suit his potential output with his injury’s and screwed his nose at it and went to manly I’d prefer Flanagan he is young and if coaches right can be anything with his own father a coach will help him too and Shane would have advised him to have a look at us it’s a great positive sign in recruit confidence
it has worked out well with Foz not taking the offer up. We would not be in a position to sign flannigan if Foz stayed.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Keiran Foran on his day is a great player, premiership winner with experience. Of course he is broken too often but if we greased the wheels a little better is he still a better option than Flannagan?

Not if he is off the field all the time & we are paying him 3x as much $$$/season!!
With the money saved on Foran we get 1 great & one talented spine player to develop...

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I can’t even defend Napa these days. Not that I was too excited by his signing just didn’t think it was a massive drop off from Klemmer.. We could have got Napa’s output on half of what he costs. Though I’m glad we aren’t paying Klemmer and his million dollar contract
We need Napa off our books asap... waste of $$$ & a roster position.... I'd consider Lewis at prop before Napa....maybe.......or maybe not on 2nd thoughts....

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flanagan has had 1 full season you cant compare a 1 year player to anything but another 1 year player FFS
That's true.
Many of the problems leveled at Flanno were also spoken of Cleary last year.
I am not saying that Flanno will be as good or better than Cleary...just that with some good coaching & time he may further develop as Cleary has...
And at reasonable $$ with the crooks should I say chooks (keeps on auto correcting to crooks...what's that sayin?!?) ...paying towards his wage next year we are headed in a better direction..

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

they play a very different role.
I think the signing of Flannagan will be good for the team.
I will be interested to see how Foran goes next season and how many games he gets through.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Id much rather Flanagan. Foran being out so much is hugely disruptive to the momentum of the team

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great player once but he's busted manly got a dud he's SL material at this stage of the game NRL is too tough for him now

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Paying Flanagan 3 season for the cost of 1 for Foran... And also flanagan is likely to play more games in his first year the Foran did in 3 seasons..

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Paying Flanagan 3 season for the cost of 1 for Foran... And also flanagan is likely to play more games in his first year the Foran did in 3 seasons..
They're on about the same next year.

chriso

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You get crucified for saying anything remotely positive or entertaining any kind of thought in regards to Foran on this forum. I can tell you one thing- a broken down Foran is a hell of a lot better than a broken down (ACL) Green, that’s for darn sure!
What a load of shit, he was talked up for a year before we got him on here, everyone going on about how he would be our saviour ffs I got sick of hearing it and said it at the time repeatedly... then he got here and tell me one good thing he has done for this club ?

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

By saying we should grease the wheels a little better with Foran, do you mean we should've invested in some bionics for him, or maybe spare some Terminator parts? In 2020 there's no human fix for his broken body except for not playing footy anymore.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fozzy was a great player and had been, Kyle Is the future, and he came here because of TBAZ.. lets hope he turns out good, like the JTs an co and build a team around him and not let him go.!!!

Barrett doing some great stuff so far, and has been since the announcement of his appointment here at the doggies, hasn’t been exciting times like this for many years. So enjoy it.!!

matthew

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Flanno's price tag for a decent half cant be beat. Heaps of room for improvement aswell. Foran knocking back our deal after the money we gave him for 3 years shocking and greedy and was just doing his job when he was able to be on the field and there is no room for improvement from him, his best days are well gone.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
Anything old and broken compared to something new and unbroken is a big gamble.