Is a broken Keiran Foran still better than a brand new Kyle Flanagan?

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is Barrett buying whoever?

Keiran Foran on his day is a great player, premiership winner with experience. Of course he is broken too often but if we greased the wheels a little better is he still a better option than Flannagan?

A broken Foran might still be better than a brand new flanagan
If each one has their best game maybe yes but the fact is you get a young player who’s already experienced big games and been around professionals and you get Trent Barrett a former star playmaker to develop him and this could be anything going into the future

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Penrith, Storm, Souffs all had a consistent halves pairing throughout the year with halves that were talented enough to keep their place.

Parra did as well, although injury mucked that up.

Compare that to our shemozzle, even when we tried to keep it consistent our halves weren’t good enough, weren’t smart enough, weren’t interested enough or weren’t fit enough.

Assuming Flanno Jr is coming (won’t believe it til I see him wearing the blue and white), and we can nab Burton, that’s a halves pairing that can last.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is Barrett buying whoever?

Keiran Foran on his day is a great player, premiership winner with experience. Of course he is broken too often but if we greased the wheels a little better is he still a better option than Flannagan?

A broken Foran might still be better than a brand new flanagan
There's no point greasing the wheels if it's the axels that keep breaking!

Foran is good but he's always breaking down, and when he breaks down the cohesion 9f the whole team has to adapt to a new, less influencial half, then when he does get back in he takes a while to wind up.

Cohesion goes out 5he door when you got someone as influential as him in and out of the team.

bells76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Proper training techniques. It's not rotten luck that foran breaks down every second game, he isn't trained properly.

Cameron Smith plays 19 seasons and hardly ever breaks down, evolves his game and training.

Foran trys to play like mark omeley and wonders why he breaks down. He has to change his game a bit and his training.

Watch manly play Foran different, they Grease the wheels properly.
Tommy Turbo and Domestic Walker say hello

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: Foran great player.... cursed with injuries!! But in baz we trust!

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Won't be a top 3 point scorer if we are not scoring tries like the rorters do. Still rather Kyle than a broken foz
Foran was always using us til he could go back to Des. Good riddance. Get over it and enjoy us signing a top 3 point scorer every year.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
People seem to forget Foran had 2 almost season ending injuries in the same year. Only reason he got so much on field time was because of the suspension of the season.

Guy rolls his ankle Atleast 3 times a season.

Champion player and true professional. Will never give up (not always a good thing though). And is one of the best rehabbers going around. And always comes back before expected and in peak condition.

Flanagan is starting his journey. This was his first full season. It’s a bit unfair to be roasted. Lewis is in his 3rd season for comparison sake. This kid has come here to prove himself. Hasn’t broken the bank and fingers crossed can keep on kicking above 75%. If he can do that while getting experience without expectations he should be a decent player.

Roosters would have needed to put another season or 2 in him which they weren’t prepared to do. I doubt Lam or Walker will outshine him next season.

axeman23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sounds like someone's been "greasing his wheels" to their Foran poster 1 too many times. :laughing: He's a crock, plain and simple...

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually over hearing Forans name! The guys a pretender and injury prone. Looking forward to this new team.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Won't be a top 3 point scorer if we are not scoring tries like the rorters do. Still rather Kyle than a broken foz
He was scoring a tonne of points at Cronulla too. Baz's teams at Manly were always scoring a tonne of points. Then Penrith went from a boring, predictable team last year to an attacking force this year once Baz became an assistant. He'll do the same with our team, especially once we make more signings. The days of Desball and Pay trying to make every game an 8-4 slugfest are over.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I still think Griffin at the club was the way to go. He made Penrith a pretty good time, and the team actually respected him (he had a falling out with the board from memory).

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck, you blokes been pulling ya selves over Foran for 2 years before he got here, even after wasting the money we did on a injury prone dud yas still pull yaselves over him.
Fucken sign a good young player and instead of looking forward yas compare him to a has been dud that done nothing for us but take big lump of cap
Only the ops is of this opinion.
The rest of us on this thread are on your side.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is anyone else amazed here that the great @Blue_boost actually created a thread in the Bulldogs forum? I'm tickled pink.

View attachment 17873
I am actually one of the great footy thinkers of our time. If everyone wants more footy related threads, I'll try share a bit more.

But Im more useful for my life experience, free advice on life is my strength, to get people on here is to speed, develop good citizens.

If I can get one renter to stop smoking (or pay their rent), Ive done good

then talk footy.

Last edited:

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I am actually one of the great footy thinkers of our time. If everyone wants more footy related threads, I'll try share a bit more.

But Im more useful for my life experience, free advice on life is my strength, to get people on here is to speed, develop good citizens. then talk footy.
Listen Boosty, as long as you create the thread, it's fine with me.

Now you haven't created a thread in the Lounge yet for nearly a week, so chop chop... get to it!