Is a broken Keiran Foran still better than a brand new Kyle Flanagan?

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Flanno's price tag for a decent half cant be beat. Heaps of room for improvement aswell. Foran knocking back our deal after the money we gave him for 3 years shocking and greedy and was just doing his job when he was able to be on the field and there is no room for improvement from him, his best days are well gone.
spot on, from purely a price point of view, it is a no brainer, almost half the price and he is not injury prone, has youth and upside.
it enables us to purchase a number 6 for about the same money, no brainer and smart decision by the club.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I feel Flanagan is a genuine 7 and Foran is a genuine 6 So completely different t roles.

flanagan was asked what position he prefers by the talkin sport hosts and he said na mate 7 I want to control this team.

music to my ears and Burton will compliment him if we get him.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Originally I refrained from commenting on this subject,
I believe we had a broken team with a broken coach and a broken Foran...3 strikes we were out !!!
We needed our marquee player to lead the team, his injuries and vulnerabilities made an already nervous team erratic.
If this wasn't enough
Foran................30
Flanagan..........22

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fozzy was a great player and had been, Kyle Is the future, and he came here because of TBAZ.. lets hope he turns out good, like the JTs an co and build a team around him and not let him go.!!!

Barrett doing some great stuff so far, and has been since the announcement of his appointment here at the doggies, hasn’t been exciting times like this for many years. So enjoy it.!!
Let's be frank with one another the best players don't leave teams at the top of the table to play for teams at the bottom, unless cash splash... I don't think many were lining up for flanagan after roosters booted him.

Tbaz seems to be putting together a bit of a Frankenstein team, a mish mash of offcut parts (players) that dont really fit anywhere. Flanagan? Cotric? Ado Carr? Green? He's buying whoever

Does he think hoppa at fullback and Marshall-king at hooker will win the comp?

Foran knows how to win a comp, noone else in that side does, build a side around him not get rid of the best piece.

Last edited:

axeman23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Let's be frank with one another the best players don't leave teams at the top of the table to play for teams at the bottom, unless cash splash... I don't think many were lining up for flanagan after roosters booted him.

Tbaz seems to be putting together a bit of a Frankenstein team, a mish mash of offcut parts (players) that dont really fit anywhere. Flanagan? Cotric? Ado Carr? Green? He's buying whoever

Foran knows how to win a comp, noone else in that side does, build a side around him not get rid of the best piece.
Foran also knows how to sit his injured ass on the bench, which he's had plenty of experience with since we signed the crock... :laughing:

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

I don’t think he is buying anyone, Barrett recruitment so far has been great.

cotric was signed before Barrett was announced correct me if I’m wrong.

When a good young halfback comes on the market you must pounce in Flanagan, another year of Lewis would have killed most of us.

waddell I have a good feeling about

Green was just a stop gap because we decided to walk away from Foran.

ado Carr isn’t even confirmed yet but has speed to burn he is quality that we need

and Burton as if you wouldn’t go after him?

Barrett has the bulldog DNA in him ;)

Last edited:

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Who the fuck is this Foran bloke you are all waffling about?? Never heard of him, is he a new up and comer or just some old money grabbing hack that shows flashes of skill but goes missing in action when It matters...

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last I saw Kyle doesn't spend 90% of his football career injured. Last I saw Kyle isn't payed even a fraction of the $1.2M Foran was. Kyle can also goal kick and he isn't 32 years of age. Its all upside.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think many were lining up for flanagan after roosters booted him.
OR...not many clubs expected him to come onto the market and had either made roster decisions or didn’t have cap space. We had spots, money and pounced.
Foran knows how to win a comp,build a side around him not get rid of the best piece.
Foran hasn’t won a comp since 2011, when he was the same age as The Flange.

Irrespective he’s gone, so why keep going on about it? Speaking of demand, fair chance Foz wouldn’t have got a gig either if The Despot didn’t throw him a lifeline.

Last edited:

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
We basically paid foran $1000 per minute on the field and we got fuck all in return.

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't be offended by the truth friend

Barrett seems a bit all over the place buying anyone who's on the market..

I'd grab Benji before flanagan
You're wrong 'friend'. He's not just buying anyone that's on the market, what are you even talking about?

And let's all be glad you're not on the recruitment team. Beiji over Flanagan haha you sound like a renter

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're wrong 'friend'. He's not just buying anyone that's on the market, what are you even talking about?

And let's all be glad you're not on the recruitment team. Beiji over Flanagan haha you sound like a renter
Well the roosters with a hot side punted him as they know he won't deliver a premiership. But we take the scraps and with our mediocre side and you think Flanagan he will win a premiership?

Let put you in the recruitment committee, what can you see that noone else can see?

Also why insult poor renters? What did they do wrong here?

Last edited:

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well the roosters with a hot side punted him as they know he won't deliver a premiership. But we take the scraps and with our mediocre side and you think Flanagan he will win a premiership?

Let put you in the recruitment committee, what can you see that noone else can see?
Yeah mate.... the same rorters that dumped Mitchel Pierce who had won them a comp so they could sign Cooper Cronk to win 2 more comps.. Nobody has said this" kid" cant win a comp but the rorters did not think they needed to wait for him to develop with the surplus of young halves they have to choose from to partner with Kearey.

If you feel so strongly we are just taking the scraps and we are mediocre, why dont you dump supporting the dogs and stick to spying on your neighbors...

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Also why insult poor renters? What did they do wrong here?
Robinson needed a scapegoat for his mistakes and Flanagan was the patsy. Robinson flogged them in the preseason, which is fair enough, but then he flogged them again in the COVID lay off, which is why they all looked tired and worn out. The Chooks media spin merchants were told to protect the “golden coach” so Flanagan was the easiest to blame.

Go Dogs

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Paying Flanagan 3 season for the cost of 1 for Foran... And also flanagan is likely to play more games in his first year the Foran did in 3 seasons..
He'd struggle, Foran played 39 games. He should play more than Foran in less than a season and a half though.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He'd struggle, Foran played 39 games. He should play more than Foran in less than a season and a half though.
Tongue in cheek comment taken too literally..

Belmore Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Stop smoking the neighbours hooch maaan.

The only thing Foran knows is recovery. I can’t wait to see how many games he plays next season. Good Riddance