Is 10 wins a pass?

Woofwoof1980

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Not sure what people's thoughts on this is... A lot of us had high hopes for this season, however with the injuries we've had and given the fact we had only 7 wins last year. Would you consider 10 wins a pass mark for this year?. We still have Kiks and possibly Thompson to come back. With 8 rounds to play 3 more wins is not out of reach. With the exception of the Broncos and Panthers games and maybe the faders the rest of the games are winnable. A strong run home would certainly put us in good sted for next year. I'd be happy with that.....

Bulldogsforlife23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think the only wins we can get 10 percent chance broncos at belmore without Riki walsh haas and capewell and flegler till think we will lose but the only wins i think we will get is probably titans dolphins and manly without turbo maybe

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thinking(hopeful)we can win up to 3 more games but not very confident about 4, if we play well the next 2 weeks then roll the Fins we could charge home the last 4 weeks which would be great.

Next 2 weeks will be tough but then i suppose we are a chance of a win against the Fins in 3 weeks time, albeit it is being played in Bundy.
Then we have our last bye and 4 more games against Knights-H, Faiders-A, Manly-H and Tits-A.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If we actually identify who's worth persistence and selecting next year that's a win for me. I just want a year soon where the team doesn't seem like they're out of finals contention after 5-10 rounds.

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good thing is we have a favourable run home.
I say quite a few Broncs players won’t be backing up after SoO & Kiks back shortly as well is a good boost for us too.
They say 28 points is what you need to get in the 8.
#Daretodream

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Good thing is we have a favourable run home.
I say quite a few Broncs players won’t be backing up after SoO & Kiks back shortly as well is a good boost for us too.
They say 28 points is what you need to get in the 8.
#Daretodream
Could be more than 28 this year. Extra bye.
besides, our +\- means we need an extra win.
while still possible, finals this year are likely gone.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we get to 10 wins, it’s a pass, however I would also be very disappointed.
Roosters round 14
Raiders magic round
Warriors round 4

3 games we should have won

that would then put us at 32 points (13 wins, 3 byes)
Looking at the ladder now, 32 points looks like what you need to finish in the top 8, or thereabouts

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
10 is a pass for me considering our list and injuries throughout the year. We need to finish strong

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roosters round 14
Raiders magic round
Warriors round 4

Looking at the ladder now, 32 points looks like what you need to finish in the top 8, or thereabouts
Agreed we should have won those, but at the same time we don't look anything like a top 8 team. I'd say other teams lost games they should have won. That's generally what sets the top team apart from the bottom ones.. they get the job done.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wins and competition points don’t matter to me, because it changes year to year.
You rate yourself against the competition. 12th spot or above this year, finals next year.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think we get pumped by Broncos and Penny then after the BYE win the rest of our games especially as Toby will have more reps under his legs and Kikau back will be enormous

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure what people's thoughts on this is... A lot of us had high hopes for this season, however with the injuries we've had and given the fact we had only 7 wins last year. Would you consider 10 wins a pass mark for this year?. We still have Kiks and possibly Thompson to come back. With 8 rounds to play 3 more wins is not out of reach. With the exception of the Broncos and Panthers games and maybe the faders the rest of the games are winnable. A strong run home would certainly put us in good sted for next year. I'd be happy with that.....
Before the season staqrted I would have thought that 10 wins would be dissappointing, but with the way the team has preformed so far, I would take it with open arms

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All things considered, 10 wins is a big pass for me.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would be happy with ten wins. We've had six wins, so we'd have to win 50% of our remaining games, and I can't see that happening.

However, if you include our byes, finishing on 20 points is very possible; and better than our recent performances.

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Roosters round 14
Raiders magic round
Warriors round 4

Souths Good Friday was also a killer. We looked "on" from the outset, and as soon as JAC did his ankle, it was the beginning of the end of our season. In game, we poorly managed the substitutions which had us exposed and leaked 50+ points. It also included an incorrectly sin-binned Preston for a non-existent hip-drop. This came the week after our OT Thriller against the Cows at home.

The games after this one?

Lose to Eels
Lose to Sharks
Beat Dragons
Lose to Raiders (Magic round)
Lose to Warriors at home (kicked to death by SJ)
Beat Titans
Bye
Lose to Rorters

We very easily could have picked up the Raiders, both Warriors games and Roosters game at full strength.

Bring on 2024.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Souths Good Friday was also a killer. We looked "on" from the outset, and as soon as JAC did his ankle, it was the beginning of the end of our season. In game, we poorly managed the substitutions which had us exposed and leaked 50+ points. It also included an incorrectly sin-binned Preston for a non-existent hip-drop. This came the week after our OT Thriller against the Cows at home.

The games after this one?

Lose to Eels
Lose to Sharks
Beat Dragons
Lose to Raiders (Magic round)
Lose to Warriors at home (kicked to death by SJ)
Beat Titans
Bye
Lose to Rorters

We very easily could have picked up the Raiders, both Warriors games and Roosters game at full strength.

Bring on 2024.
Yes that Easter Souths game seems to be a watershed moment for us quite a lot!

Bad positional changes to cover for Fox hurt.

There's things to work on as you say for '24.