iPhone 7 or 7 plus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikgan123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Note 7 or Oneplus 3. The Oneplus 3 has far better specs then the iPhone for a better price ($575!!). It's size is same as a iPhone 7 Plus and has a better camera than both.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I've got a 6+. Originally I thought it might be too big and uncomfortable, but honestly, I love it.
Won't be buying a 7 though because next year is the 10th anniversary of the iPhone, and you just know they'll have something special.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I don't understand why people find the need to constantly be up-to-date with the very latest in technology. Don't you know that these phone companies are laughing at how gullible you are, because you're practically funding their wages.

What the hell is wrong with the iPhone 6 that you have? It still works, it still makes phone calls, it still sends/receives
SMS messages, it's apps still working, the internet/data still works... short of it being face-palmed and smashed beyond use, WHY DO YOU NEED TO UPGRADE, PAYING MUCH MORE MONEY FOR MINOR IMPROVEMENTS???

I will never understand that.

My phone is below. It cost me $99 in January last year and still works fine. I have no need to upgrade anytime soon.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't understand why people find the need to constantly be up-to-date with the very latest in technology. Don't you know that these phone companies are laughing at how gullible you are, because you're practically funding their wages.

What the hell is wrong with the iPhone 6 that you have? It still works, it still makes phone calls, it still sends/receives
SMS messages, it's apps still working, the internet/data still works... short of it being face-palmed and smashed beyond use, WHY DO YOU NEED TO UPGRADE, PAYING MUCH MORE MONEY FOR MINOR IMPROVEMENTS???

I will never understand that.

My phone is below. It cost me $99 in January last year and still works fine. I have no need to upgrade anytime soon.

I used to think like that. But now that i also run a business through mine, i try to get the current model when i remew my contracts. But if i was just using it for personal stuff, i'd only use a cheapie

Also, i haven't had a smart phone of any brand last more than 2 years. I must just be really harsh on them.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
apple > android in terms of UI and I believe that is the reason many people buy them

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
apple > android in terms of UI and I believe that is the reason many people buy them
You'll have to excuse the bluntness.. I'm not being rude but...

Apple = make dumb / simple phones for people that just want "the time", not "how does a watch work".
Android = make complex yet far more flexible phones for people that want not just "what time is it", but "how can I make better use of my time".

Both have their purpose in the marketplace, and I can't say one is better than the other as they are both designed to cover certain aspects of the mobile phone market.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You'll have to excuse the bluntness.. I'm not being rude but...

Apple = make dumb / simple phones for people that just want "the time", not "how does a watch work".
Android = make complex yet far more flexible phones for people that want not just "what time is it", but "how can I make better use of my time".

Both have their purpose in the marketplace, and I can't say one is better than the other as they are both designed to cover certain aspects of the mobile phone market.
Yeah apples phones are much more simple and the usability and interface is superior, user experience is better. Androids are clunky and the interface sucks. That's why I use iPhones. I don't want to customise all the crap on my phone.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think it was the ipod that did it.

The ipod wasn't the first mp3 out there but apple made them super popular. Then came the ipod touch and the iphone was almost just an extension of that.

But as time goes on, Apple market share comtinues to drop. To put it another way, i don't know anyone in the last 5 years that has converted to apple/iphone/ipad etc, but plenty who have left them.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah apples phones are much more simple and the usability and interface is superior, user experience is better. Androids are clunky and the interface sucks. That's why I use iPhones. I don't want to customise all the crap on my phone.
Not really.

iPhones are like Masters... seemed like a good idea at the time, when it first came out everything was like "WOW". The the novelty wore off and people realised they weren't all that good. iPhones do most things okay, but nothing brilliant.
Android phones are like Bunnings... there's everything you want plus more, lots of different brands, well priced, BUT many items (functions) you need to know what you are doing. Androids can do most things brilliantly, but you need to work to get the best from them.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not really.

iPhones are like Masters... seemed like a good idea at the time, when it first came out everything was like "WOW". The the novelty wore off and people realised they weren't all that good. iPhones do most things okay, but nothing brilliant.
Android phones are like Bunnings... there's everything you want plus more, lots of different brands, well priced, BUT many items (functions) you need to know what you are doing. Androids can do most things brilliantly, but you need to work to get the best from them.
Well you are kind of proving my point. Androids are more capable but many people don't necessarily want that especially in this day and age when information is raping everyones brain. iPhones are simple and function very well in terms of the user interface... e.g. it feels nicer to use an iPhone because the OS runs smoother and it just looks better imo.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not really.

Well you are kind of proving my point. Androids are more capable but many people don't necessarily want that especially in this day and age when information is raping everyones brain. iPhones are simple and function very well in terms of the user interface... e.g. it feels nicer to use an iPhone because the OS runs smoother and it just looks better imo.

Exactly. Comes down to what people want. Simplicity or customizability. Personally I prefer being able to customise my phone to make it exactly as I want it, but many want a phone that does what they want without having to play around.

But then you have the current Samsung (Note 7) verses the current iOS device (iPhone 7), which comes down to whether you want a phone with a headphone jack or if you want a phone that doesn't explode.

ACTBULLDOG

Waterboy
Reaction score
Who has an iPhone 6 Plus and how do you compare it to the original iPhone 6?

I don't know whether to get the 7 Plus (larger screen, resolution, increased camera quality) mainly because I fear it will constantly fall out of my pockets and I have an iPad that I use at home anyway.

Any opinions?
i have a 6 plus and have ordered a 7 plus . i like the bigger screen plus better camera

DroidDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Android is so much further ahead of ios it's not funny. Android optimises the use of much later hardware technology and Android gives way more freedom of customization and app development.

Companies that use the Android like Samsung, LG, OnePlus, Asus, HTC and more are constantly developing Android due to being open source.

iOS gives you closed environment within its Apple Store and iTunes with no possibility to customize it, in any way!

My old Note 4 was so much smoother than the 6s even whilst using multi screen and heaps of open running apps. I had for a short time the Note 7 and its a ground breaking piece of technology that will
not be beaten anytime soon. Can't wait to get it back.

I my opinion if you want a smartphone that is completely optimizable, FAST/SMOOTH, and used for productivity and business, you cannot beat a Note 7, although some other android devices come close.

If you throw a iphone to a child to work it out, they could in about 5 seconds. If you want to basically do nothing but play games, make calls/sms etc then you can't beat an iphone they are just plain simple.

I once was a iphone loyal sheep but i hated being so restricted. I couldn't use certain files and the incompatibility disrupted normal activities that should have been simple.

When i made the decision to change i was nervous, but it didn't take long and i knew my way around in about a day or two. Now (like most people that have made the change) i will never go back.

Apple are now heavily relying on their iSheep to be loyal. Apple have not indicated preorder i7 figures and their stock figures are dropping, a sign people are waking up to the overpriced device with very little
upgrades from year to year. An iphone can't do any more than a $100 android device.

Sorry iSheep this is the reality.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Android is so much further ahead of ios it's not funny. Android optimises the use of much later hardware technology and Android gives way more freedom of customization and app development.

Companies that use the Android like Samsung, LG, OnePlus, Asus, HTC and more are constantly developing Android due to being open source.

iOS gives you closed environment within its Apple Store and iTunes with no possibility to customize it, in any way!

My old Note 4 was so much smoother than the 6s even whilst using multi screen and heaps of open running apps. I had for a short time the Note 7 and its a ground breaking piece of technology that will

I my opinion if you want a smartphone that is completely optimizable, FAST/SMOOTH, and used for productivity and business, you cannot beat a Note 7, although some other android devices come close.

If you throw a iphone to a child to work it out, they could in about 5 seconds. If you want to basically do nothing but play games, make calls/sms etc then you can't beat an iphone they are just plain simple.

I once was a iphone loyal sheep but i hated being so restricted. I couldn't use certain files and the incompatibility disrupted normal activities that should have been simple.

When i made the decision to change i was nervous, but it didn't take long and i knew my way around in about a day or two. Now (like most people that have made the change) i will never go back.

Apple are now heavily relying on their iSheep to be loyal. Apple have not indicated preorder i7 figures and their stock figures are dropping, a sign people are waking up to the overpriced device with very little
upgrades from year to year. An iphone can't do any more than a $100 android device.

lol, you work for samsung dont you!

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes. Samsung junk.

Please stick to iphone.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

You should be selling the note 7 to terrorists as the phones are blowing up atm.
Terrorists if you've wanted to go out in style with a 1440p glasses finished miniature bomb and a luscious design look no further than the note 7, you can coordinate your attacks using the actual bombs technology and once you're ready to meet your maker just shout the magic words into Google (Siri version for android) and your phone will explode.

But seriously Samsung have fkd up big time lol and have lost billions Coz of the recall they've had to make for the note 7's

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You should be selling the note 7 to terrorists as the phones are blowing up atm.
Terrorists if you've wanted to go out in style with a 1440p glasses finished miniature bomb and a luscious design look no further than the note 7, you can coordinate your attacks using the actual bombs technology and once you're ready to meet your maker just shout the magic words into Google (Siri version for android) and your phone will explode.

But seriously Samsung have fkd up big time lol and have lost billions Coz of the recall they've had to make for the note 7's

despite billions of dollars lost due to note 7 debacle, guess what, Samsung share price and sales are still going up. and guess what where apples shares have been going...Down down down.

they have no problem what so ever compensating all the customers who had note 7 issues.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
despite billions of dollars lost due to note 7 debacle, guess what, Samsung share price and sales are still going up. and guess what where apples shares have been going...Down down down.

they have no problem what so ever compensating all the customers who had note 7 issues.
Lol iPhone is better look to give an example, the iPhone 6s is faster than the s7 that has 4gb of ram and an apparent better cpu, where as the 6s only had what 1gb of ram and a dual core? Lol
This is Coz android is fkd and can't utilise the advanced hardware being used in the phones so it's all for naught.
Yeah samsunga shares are going up but it's still not enough to fix the damage that has been done by the recall of exploding phones

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I still love my Note 3. Will probably upgrade to Note 7 when they stop exploding and come down in price.

Status
Not open for further replies.