Votes: 42 48.3%
  • No, there isn’t enough detail

Votes: 25 28.7%

• Total voters

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I am not arguing against it, I just dont want to see it done like a bandaid. It (the problem) needs way more than 1 token voice..
I think that is understood.... but the first step has got to be collaboration and cooperation between the Indigenous and wider community...and this seems to be to be a step towards it...although, like everybody else I would like to see deteails of how it will work...and I'm sure they will be provided long before the vote.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anything is better than seeing suspected blacks trying to pay a home off being labelled undeserved scabs.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Poor Albo. That 2 hours he spent in Alice Springs before rushing off to the tennis for 3 days must’ve really affected him. His crocodile tears yesterday when announcing the wording that will be used in the voice broke my heart. He’s so weak he makes Kevin Rudd look like Arnold Schwarzenegger

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
What's in it for the government? What's their agenda/profit from this happening?

I don't ask what's in it for the people because like usual, the people get either fucked or fuck all.

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What's in it for the government? What's their agenda/profit from this happening?

I don't ask what's in it for the people because like usual, the people get either fucked or fuck all.
When this whole shemozzle kicked off, I was asking myself what it was really about, and now I think I know.

When the First Fleet arrived, if there had been an aboriginal nation here, they could have negotiated with its leaders and worked out a deal that both sides could live with. What they actually found, though, was about 500 distinct tribes that were at one another's throats more often than not. The doctrine of terra nulius held sway because there was no sovereign nation, not because the colonists didn't think aborigines were people, as the activists like to claim. The idea of "the voice" is to develop and then anoint a leadership group of aborigines who the other aborigines will recognize as their legitimate spokesmen. This group will then negotiate a treaty with non-aboriginal Australia. If you don't believe this, google the comments the activists have been making.

What will such a treaty look like? Consider that aborigine groups legally own about 20% of Australia, and also receive truckloads of cash and other resources from the taxpayer. The activists clearly want and expect more. How about all of Australia ceded to them and we pay them rent to remain here?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

The whiny bitch wants a legacy item to claim before he loses a dick measuring competition to Pen He Wong and gets the boot. That’s the issue with them though, the whole country is under stress and they are only worried about virtue signaling

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have nothing but respect for "genuine" indigenous people and we should do everything we can to help them and to help them help themselves.
However, the "Voice" seems to be little more than politically correct virtue signalling, power play and ultimately a money grab by those who "identify" as first nation people and will do little to practically help the people who need it most.

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

While power bills are increasing, cost of living has increased, Alice Springs is a melting pot of crime and chaos, Albo wants to fulfil this for his own legacy and ego.
#crocodiletears

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Votes.

We, as tax payers, get to pay for it. All those people speaking (that's what a "voice" requires) will have to be paid, and paid handsomely.

Always a Bulldog