Votes: 42 48.3%
  • No, there isn’t enough detail

Votes: 25 28.7%

• Total voters

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
It sounds like Albo is going to backflip and re-instate the “racist” alcohol ban in Alice he allowed to lapse. Cherry-Evans would be proud of the backflipView attachment 64652
Scott Morrison, the Minister for Backflipping is to blame. Rupert Murdoch was unavailable to take the blame due to an oxygen shortage :-).

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Feel free to post here @CQDog
Our government want to silence these issues because their symbolism made this situation much worse but I know a fair bit about this and have a personal interest in this topic too as many know. Post away

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Our government want to silence these issues because their symbolism made this situation much worse but I know a fair bit about this and have a personal interest in this topic too as many know. Post away
CQDog was spamming Twitter posts and I know how much you love people spamming Twitter posts...

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
CQDog was spamming Twitter posts and I know how much you love people spamming Twitter posts...
I’m happy Twitter spamming is finally being moderated! You’re going to be busy in the robodebt thread mate haha

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m happy Twitter spamming is finally being moderated! You’re going to be busy in the robodebt thread mate haha
Usually I have no issue with it. But when that slam is literally just targeted hate against a single race of people, then that probably needs to be shut down. The larger conversation is definitely warranted and should be discussed. But if I posted something saying, "here's some white people attacking black people. Also, while people rape children. Discuss. But keep it civil'

I would be ashamed if no one reported that, and no one shut down that discussion.

Discussion is good. But there's a difference between discussion and targeted aggression.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Usually I have no issue with it. But when that slam is literally just targeted hate against a single race of people, then that probably needs to be shut down. The larger conversation is definitely warranted and should be discussed. But if I posted something saying, "here's some white people attacking black people. Also, while people rape children. Discuss. But keep it civil'

I would be ashamed if no one reported that, and no one shut down that discussion.

Discussion is good. But there's a difference between discussion and targeted aggression.
Apart from the rapist post I think it’s important people see videos of what’s actually happening in so many areas like this in Australia. The sexual assaults are a massive problem don’t get me wrong but the wording of that post was a bit over the top.

When the PM was coming to Alice I can tell you for a fact that kids were bussed out of town to camps to make it look ok for the media. People need to see the real picture. I am happy the PM has been forced to backflip on the “racist” alcohol policy and I hope bringing back the “racist” cashless welfare card is next (although you know I want that Australia wide!)

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Don’t think my thoughts were appreciated. I get the point of why the thread was canned but it was also canned because it was a targeted aggression and thats what i’m saying about this, and the use of those vids. Makes sense so just gonna keep it to myself i guess, mod is doing his job in the end.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Don’t think my thoughts were appreciated. I get the point of why the thread was canned but it was also canned because it was a targeted aggression and thats what i’m saying about this, and the use of those vids. Makes sense so just gonna keep it to myself i guess, mod is doing his job in the end.
Don’t worry mate, if Scott Morrison was still in charge those videos would be splashed all over the ABC (and here via the protected species grandma koala)

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even though it’s meant to be an advisory body Albanese has indicated they may have parliamentary power which is concerning. Even if they don’t have actual power in parliament I can’t see Albanese saying no to any recommendations as he’s a yes man in that sense
Haven't heard that, but I'm still of the opinion Indigenous people need something like this Voice to Parliament, something they can call theirs and something future generations can make use of.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Apart from the rapist post I think it’s important people see videos of what’s actually happening in so many areas like this in Australia. The sexual assaults are a massive problem don’t get me wrong but the wording of that post was a bit over the top.

When the PM was coming to Alice I can tell you for a fact that kids were bussed out of town to camps to make it look ok for the media. People need to see the real picture. I am happy the PM has been forced to backflip on the “racist” alcohol policy and I hope bringing back the “racist” cashless welfare card is next (although you know I want that Australia wide!)
Yep. Completely agree there. There's a major problem in many of these communities and it shouldn't be covered up or otherwise it won't be addressed. My only issue is when someone is posting it with the obvious intent of covert racism or to at least encourage others to be racist.

But the problem needs to be seen and addressed. I talked to someone a while back who works to build community programs for kids in these areas. Basically builds up sports, community centres, a whole lot of activity stuff that has been shown to actually work. She said that they have been petitioning the government for years for funding but they could never get it so they rely on charity which is extremely difficult because most people don't think there's a problem.

The problem is the same problem in any low socio-economic area in the world. Nothing to do. No activities, no work, nothing to look forward to in life. It always results in drug use, violence, etc.

And it's not just in the case of communities like this. I spent a lot of time in Perth during the mining boom of the early 2000s and it was shocking. At the time there was nothing to do there but work, drink or take drugs. If you went out for the night there was a decent chance you would get in a fight.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
At the end of the day Albanese is an extremely weak leader.

Why instead of waiting around for a voice doesn't he do something now???

Oh wait that's right he is a do nothing prime minister, the likes of which I have not seen in my lifetime. All I've seen him do is travel around the world and travel Australia.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
At the end of the day Albanese is an extremely weak leader.

Why instead of waiting around for a voice doesn't he do something now???

Oh wait that's right he is a do nothing prime minister, the likes of which I have not seen in my lifetime. All I've seen him do is travel around the world and travel Australia.
He is a bigger cuck than that Kevin Dud ****

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Haven't heard that, but I'm still of the opinion Indigenous people need something like this Voice to Parliament, something they can call theirs and something future generations can make use of.
Aren’t indigenous politicians a voice to parliament though? I still just can’t see how this changes anything. Indigenous people DO NOT want to likes of Noel Pearson telling us what we want

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yep. Completely agree there. There's a major problem in many of these communities and it shouldn't be covered up or otherwise it won't be addressed. My only issue is when someone is posting it with the obvious intent of covert racism or to at least encourage others to be racist.

But the problem needs to be seen and addressed. I talked to someone a while back who works to build community programs for kids in these areas. Basically builds up sports, community centres, a whole lot of activity stuff that has been shown to actually work. She said that they have been petitioning the government for years for funding but they could never get it so they rely on charity which is extremely difficult because most people don't think there's a problem.

The problem is the same problem in any low socio-economic area in the world. Nothing to do. No activities, no work, nothing to look forward to in life. It always results in drug use, violence, etc.

And it's not just in the case of communities like this. I spent a lot of time in Perth during the mining boom of the early 2000s and it was shocking. At the time there was nothing to do there but work, drink or take drugs. If you went out for the night there was a decent chance you would get in a fight.
Agreed mate. You been to Kalgoorlie? That’s all that place is :|

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's both good and bad what's happening in the NT at the moment.

Bad that it's been allowed to get to this point, but good that (hopefully) it can't really be swept under the rug (or ignored) anymore.

Lower socio economic areas face their own issues, and remote communities have other issues on top of that.

Society unfortunately has just side eyed them with "meh what do you expect", rather than offering solutions to help shift social stigma, and get them out of that rut. Focussing on minute or technically insignificant issues, rather than digging deeper and seeing real issues that plague these communities (and have for some time).

I feel that influencers and "bleeding hearts", have a lot to blame for this though. In addition to forcing police to tread on eggshells as not to upset the applecart.

I reckon if you asked in most of these communities and lower socio economic areas "What would you like: a) Australia Days date changed; or b) a better and safer community for your family and loved ones", that it'd be a unanimous push for better safer communities.

Why should they be treated like second class citizens? Why should those in these areas suffer at the hands of a few bad eggs? Yet currently the focus is on PC things, rather than things that will actually help them.

Society as a whole needs to do better, as it's letting down the very people that not only need, but dream to being helped.