Independent Review into Barba Handling

Status
Not open for further replies.

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
who the **** cares. Seriously? If he smacked her he is scum of the earth, which we have all found recently to be true anyway, but if she is that shallow that she won't proceed due to her desire to have his $$$ then she is a low life gutter rat too and a bad mother for allowing a violent little creep near her kids.
These lowlifes belong together and the sooner they **** off back to the shithole that is qld and stop dragging the integrity of the club and its former and present staff through the mud the better.

**** off both of you we don't care anymore, you are not part of the family club anymore and barely a family yourselves so please **** off, disappear,who cares - just leave us out of it
x2

N

Natboy

Just to clear things up on a lot of comments made
Police may still charge Barba as a domestic violence offence has occured resulting in visible injuries to the victim. An AVO would be applied for at the very least
Police do not need a statement from the victim and are compelled to take some form action.
Also, as she disclosed what happened to TG, he would also be requested to provide a statement against Barba.
Sucked in Brisbane, look what you have got yourself in for!!

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
Police may still charge Barba as a domestic violence offence has occured resulting in visible injuries to the victim. An AVO would be applied for at the very least
Police do not need a statement from the victim and are compelled to take some form action.
Also, as she disclosed what happened to TG, he would also be requested to provide a statement against Barba.
yeah i was under he impression that the police prosecuter can run with it regardless

hotdiggitydogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lets face it, the only way this will be solved is if:
- Barba comes out and tells his version of events
- The club and NRL come out and tell the full story
- Todd G comes out and tells the whole story
- Whoever the person in the photo is comes out and tells the full story.
If none of this occurs (which is likely) then this will never be solved, the NRL Integrity Investigation will never be released due to confidentiality and as is the care with rugby league the story will die off in two/three weeks (or whenever the dogs get knocked out of the finals). Journalists and i use that word loosely (very Loosely) will make up their own little plots in their mind and make it seem like gospel. We and They will never know what occurred unless someone from the parties involved (Barba, His Ex, TG or the Club) and only them come out and tell the story we will never know and no amount of "expert/in the know" posts or innuendo journalisim will tell me and remotely educated individuals otherwise.

Come the 1st of November he is no longer our problem and its very clear that he will no longer be playing this season so we should just focus the majority of our attention on Thursday and the following week.

(Let it be known I don't support his actions and tbh anyone who is involved in the NRL (or society) who has participated in these actions ( Assault against anyone not just a female, should be banned for life. No questions asked, no second chances - We don't need people like this associated with the game we spend out whole week waiting to watch)

N

Natboy

yeah i was under he impression that the police prosecuter can run with it regardless
Yeah and under current domestic violence legislation they definitely should.
I'll be interested to see what happens now

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Yeah and under current domestic violence legislation they definitely should.
I'll be interested to see what happens now
They have to prove how it happened and with a hostile victim who won't cooperate that's almost impossible

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
I watch Judge Judy and Boston Legal (soon will start watching Suits)

And from my professional experience, any statement Todd Greenburg makes against Ben based on what was said to him is 'hearsay' and inadmissible at a court of law

That is of course in the great states of New York and Massachusetts where those shows are filmed. Not sure about NSW :p

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
I watch Judge Judy and Boston Legal (soon will start watching Suits)

And from my professional experience, any statement Todd Greenburg makes against Ben based on what was said to him is 'hearsay' and inadmissible at a court of law

That is of course in the great states of New York and Massachusetts where those shows are filmed. Not sure about NSW :p
probably not if he was subpoenad and required to give a statement under oath. Not that it would get that far.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
judge judy is a tv judge ffs, boston legal is a comedy

law and order tbh

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This part is very interesting (quote from paper source: http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...d-ainslie-currie/story-e6frf3ou-1226708877521)

The Sunday Telegraph obtained a picture of Currie after the alleged punch, as well as text messages she sent a friend detailing the alleged injuries.

“Just have a busted lip," Currie wrote.

“I have to go away for a few days, maybe weeks.

“I have the biggest bruised jaw ever. It’s yuk."

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
This part is very interesting (quote from paper source: http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...d-ainslie-currie/story-e6frf3ou-1226708877521)

The Sunday Telegraph obtained a picture of Currie after the alleged punch, as well as text messages she sent a friend detailing the alleged injuries.

“Just have a busted lip," Currie wrote.

“I have to go away for a few days, maybe weeks.

“I have the biggest bruised jaw ever. It’s yuk."

I have to go away for a few days, maybe weeks suggests sh'e being instructed to do something..Where does Orr fit in to the legal side of any of this?

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to go away for a few days, maybe weeks suggests sh'e being instructed to do something..Where does Orr fit in to the legal side of any of this?
Yeah good point. If that journo above is not speaking out of their ass, that would mean ainslie's friend must have either spoke to a journo or spoke to one of our club officials who in turn gave the info to the press.

Dean Pay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Inglis
Barba
Bird
Lui

Indiginous Allspars be a new concept for the pre season .

N

Natboy

Of all "allegations" over the last few years, what is the worse

1. Anthony Watts biting an opponent's penis

2. Graham massaging billys ear

3. John Hopoate's "hole in one"

4. Brad Morrin biting Timana Tahu on the arm

5. Sam Burgess grabbing an opponents testicles

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
Of all "allegations" over the last few years, what is the worse

1. Anthony Watts biting an opponent's penis

2. Graham massaging billys ear

3. John Hopoate's "hole in one"

4. Brad Morrin biting Timana Tahu on the arm

5. Sam Burgess grabbing an opponents testicles
the worst thing about any of these is Greeberg staking the Clubs reputation on the fact that Graham didn't bite his ear. I know there are certain kennelers who actually believe that he didn't ( and I don't care that he did) but 99% of the public know a bite when they see one.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Who the **** cares. Seriously? If he smacked her he is scum of the earth, which we have all found recently to be true anyway, but if she is that shallow that she won't proceed due to her desire to have his $$$ then she is a low life gutter rat too and a bad mother for allowing a violent little creep near her kids.
These lowlifes belong together and the sooner they **** off back to the shithole that is QLD and stop dragging the integrity of the club and its former and present staff through the mud the better.

**** off both of you we don't care anymore, you are not part of the family club anymore and barely a family yourselves so please **** off, disappear,who cares - just leave us out of it
Hear hear!!

Status
Not open for further replies.