Incoming Rugby League Scandal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wasn't Thaiday involved in that cubicle 4-way with Boyd, Hunt and that chic?

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
[video=youtube;CLpF1nT_S3A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLpF1nT_S3A[/video]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLpF1nT_S3A

"Very happy the NRL player who committed an awful act to a female will be outed tomorrow. Check courier mail for info during the day."

https://twitter.com/chrisgarry1/status/336790433881522177

Article relating to story about a week ago:
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...omestic-violence/story-fni0cwl5-1226641969294

Apparently the story is going to break in the morning.
The author of the article from last week came out and said that this was nothing related to her article.

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Souths are holding a press conference at 1.30pm...

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Souths holding conference at 1:30. Rumour has it 3 Souths players involved.

jake6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Confirmed where?

Always thought Boyd looked like a women beater
Twitter, zero tackle , Facebook I probably shouldn't of said confirmed but I'm 99% sure that they are the players that have allegedly done something to the groupie

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
lol
One of the players immediately fled from the premises.
has got to be the cat Boyd

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to News Ltd Teo allegedly assaulted the women and Corey Norman made the 000 call. All a bit dodge if u ask me. Why wait a month to come out. She hasn't even lodged a formal complaint with the police!

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
According to News Ltd Teo allegedly assaulted the women and Corey Norman made the 000 call. All a bit dodge if u ask me. Why wait a month to come out. She hasn't even lodged a formal complaint with the police!
From the courier article

A BRISBANE woman has contacted Queensland police alleging she was physically assaulted by Queensland Origin forward Ben Te'o in the presence of fellow NRL players Corey Norman and Darius Boyd.
what constitutes a formal complaint?

S

senna

negotiating with the media takes time

bulldogchook

MR BULLDOG
Reaction score
from ben teo ....... I wish to make the following statement in relation to rumours circulating about an incident which occurred approximately one month ago in Brisbane.

I am making this statement on the understanding that a television network intends to broadcast a story this evening which does not give a true account of the incident.

I have not provided a statement to this network in response to the story.

I understand that the news story contains a claim by a female that I was involved in an altercation with her at a house in Brisbane.

I have not been informed of the exact nature of the news story, however I am able to refute entirely any suggestion that I acted improperly.

On the night in question, I found myself in unfortunate circumstances that were not caused by me and I acted appropriately to deal with a difficult situation.

I called the police to report the incident and have the female removed from the house.

I have not pressed charges against the female and to the best of my knowledge no charges have been laid against me.

I don’t wish to go into any further detail about this matter because I regard the incident as unfortunate and something I wish to leave behind me.

I have offered my co-operation to the Police, the NRL integrity unit, my Club and other authorities to ensure that this matter is dealt with in the appropriate way.

To this point I have not had any contact from the Police since their attendance at the house, and neither my management nor my Club have had any contact from the Police or the female at the centre of this news story.

Accordingly I have no further comment to make at this stage.

Read more: http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/statement-from-ben-teo-9692/#ixzz2TzKNQTTM

Mallyboy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If the allegations are true, it will be interesting to see how the NRL handles this. I.E Robert Lui case.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If the police attended his house to remove her, wouldn't they (at the time) ask about her shiner she would have had (assuming it happened at the same time)?

These bold bits are interesting:

This does however, sound like a carbon copy statement that gets sent out every time the proverbial hits the fan and a player is named.
Well, he certainly didn't write it himself....

Status
Not open for further replies.