In your opinion who is the most underrated Bulldogs player ever?

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
For me it has to be Jason Hethrington. The media & fans of other clubs never mention his name when talking about the great hookers of the game but he was an incredible player. Top 10 hooker that I've seen since 1990.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Matt Utai. He was a faster, more agile and was a better finisher than Brain TOO, However Too is a walk up start for NSW and Utai was never even in the conversation. Never understood why he was so underrated. My mate said he played him in Oztag a few times (around 2015) and he was unstoppable.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Brent Sherwin for me, born in the wrong era having Johns etc in front of him.

Any other era, he would have played quite a few times
Should've made it ahead of Brent Finch that year that Joey was injured. Brent Sherwin at his peak would be the second best halfback in the game today.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Matt Utai. He was a faster, more agile and was a better finisher than Brain TOO, However Too is a walk up start for NSW and Utai was never even in the conversation. Never understood why he was so underrated. My mate said he played him in Oztag a few times (around 2015) and he was unstoppable.
it didnt help that utai was a NZ intenational

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same for Turvey. He had to play second fiddle to Sterling - but he did lead us to the first SOO series victory.
I'm pretty sure Turvey was chosen more than times than Sterlo for Origin during their rivalry. Turvey retired from rep footy after that Origin win.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
NRL - Patten
Reserve grade - Harlan Alalatooa