Improving Corey Thompson!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HITM3N

THE KENNEL
Gilded
Reaction score
At the start of the season, I used to Bragg Corey Thompson on his errors him being too short etc. But now I take that back and should and always be our starter! He's like a little smart ass trying to bust and make line breaks, if he was a little taller he would be one of the rising wingers in the game!!

Hopefully he stays Consistent Week in Week out, I'm happy!!

Hit the GH already

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea he's becoming a favourite of mine. Be always returns the ball with gusto snd certainly knows how to find the line. He reminds me so much of Haz

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Thompson. Fullback. Now.

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Would like to see Des put Perrett back on the wing and give Thompson a shot at playing fullback

His got the speed and agility, would tear it up in open space if he backed up our line breaks and offloads

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Probably my favourite player at the moment. Bought from Easts Tigers and seemingly unknown. Bought to originally replace Barba, so they obviously saw something in him.

Like Reynolds he's 100% heart, but I've noticed of late attacking teams are avoiding the side of the field he is on, instead opting to expose Brown's wing. That says a lot (they aren't confident in getting past him).

Really good to see him playing so well. Seems to read the game very well too.

DOGGIESSTYLE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would like to see Des put Perrett back on the wing and give Thompson a shot at playing fullback

His got the speed and agility, would tear it up in open space if he backed up our line breaks and offloads
Doubt its ever going to happen now with the finals getting close

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
2015 fb - Thompson
2016 fb - Hayne/Folau/Rockstar

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
he and perrett totally out of the play with their backs turned for the 40/20 quick tap tbh, they should be more aware about that 40/20 move

Edroy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's too late to try him at fb now but Des should have done it early in the season.

Perrett does a similar job on the wing as he does at fb, whereas Thommo has the turn of speed that would be good to have sniffing around offloading players.

Kayser

Kennel Established
Reaction score
At the start of the season, I used to Bragg Corey Thompson on his errors him being too short etc. But now I take that back and should and always be our starter! He's like a little smart ass trying to bust and make line breaks, if he was a little taller he would be one of the rising wingers in the game!!

Hopefully he stays Consistent Week in Week out, I'm happy!!

Hit the GH already 
Unfortunately, he's been told to look for another club for next season.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Like Reynolds he's 100% heart, but I've noticed of late attacking teams are avoiding the side of the field he is on, instead opting to expose Brown's wing. That says a lot (they aren't confident in getting past him).
I love thommo, but that's got more to do with browns ineptitude, than Thommos ability.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Had an awesome game except when misjudging the 40/20 and not being aware of the situation and positioning on the field. Everyone knew a 40/20 attempt was coming from sandow and corey was asleep to it

HITM3N

THE KENNEL
Gilded
Reaction score
Had an awesome game except when misjudging the 40/20 and not being aware of the situation and positioning on the field. Everyone knew a 40/20 attempt was coming from sandow and corey was asleep to it
The thing is they all should have known that Chris Sandow almost kicks a 40/20 every game! View attachment 21705

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
He might be better placed at fullback. He can catch and run. Big guys like Hayne and Idris would give him trouble, though.

marsh43

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give him the green light to just roam around the middle of the park in the first few hit ups. He has the speed to take it to the house off an offload.

Is very good at shutting down backline plays too.

When of our better players this whole year.

Status
Not open for further replies.