News 'I'm the Godfather!': Rajab hopes to make the Bulldogs an offer they can't refuse after breakout World Cup campaign

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I'm not death riding him. I haven't seen him play. But Wakeham also earned glowing reviews in a world cup campaign. It's a far different standard/level of difficulty to the weekly rigours of the NRL.

I wish him well, but I also hope the fans on here temper their expectations. I've seen a few decent players cop a tonne of criticism from fans here because they thought they'd become superstars.

I mean even Burton still has a lot of critics for a guy who's won a premiership (playing out of position) & played origin within a year of his debut. Rajab may not meet the lofty expectations.
Burton is a better centre than a 6.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I rate this kid.He is part of our future and has been very very good over the last few seasons.Orefer not to sign mosses ,too much coin and not a big game winner .def not a million dollar player-good player though.
Many think that Moses is the missing link between our last few seasons failures to winning the next Grand final.
He ain't a bad a player on his day but spending way over a million? Welll that's got to be reserved for a halfback that's a shoe in in rep teams that are stacked with competition or one that's been instrumental in guiding a premiership team. ie Cooper Cronk in his day.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
You would have to assume that if we aren't signing Moses for 2024, that Rajab is a great chance for the job. The world cup gave him exposure, now it's up to him to train hard, learn and play well in reggies and when the opportunity presents itself in the top grade, to seize it . . . Best of luck young fella
Where going to invest in a side and have a inexperienced player cheer our ship

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Very best of luck to him. Sounds like he was very impressed with Cheika.
Of course he firstly needs to have the talent, but we need to start trying to build our team around some of our juniors coming through, who are “Bulldog tragics” and dream and bleed Blue and White. While there is no guarantee, it looks like Rajab is coming on nicely and will likely debut later in the season.
While Mitchell Moses might be a potential “instant HB fix” (but at what $ price?), I think guys like Rajab will offer better longer term value. Good luck to him.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He speaks well and seems to be pretty mature for a young kid. I'm sure he'll get an opportunity at some stage.. What I like about his game is that he runs deep into the line and engages defenders before passing and he looks composed whenever he plays..

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Love the way he plays at the line. You gotta have balls to play like that against grown men. I’ll be happy with just some consistent performances next year in cup. Don’t rush him just let him play some footy.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I'm agreeing with you that he performs better there but I have no doubt he will be an elite 5/8th in a year or 2.
No doubt? I have some doubt. Hopefully he becomes the best 6 in the game though.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There's some fat fuck who is the flavour of the month who does nothing but scream "DJ Khalid" on other people's songs
Ahh, I thought it might be some bloke who plays bad music, the s out he is a bad singer. Cheers bro

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the cut of the kid’s jib. Seems to have a good head on his shoulders and puts in the work. How good to grow up being a doggies fan and getting the chance to play for th‘‘em down the track.

T-Rocket

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Rajab looks promising. Love the way he takes it to the line and draws defenders in. Hoping he can continue to develop and become the halfback we’ve been after