I'm no Fair Weather supporter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The players didn't put in tonight.

Folkes does not tell them to drop the ball. It was one of those nights.

Yak From Yass

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Don't drop your heads guys. Yes there has been better times and there will be better times again, however in the short term lets show our team we are still behind them. If you think we are feeling bad I am only imagine how the players feel. Surely nobody thinks in even their wildest dreams that the team would not be disappointed by tonight’s display, I reckon they would be.

If you recall prior to kick off this year most of us saw this year as a building phase, to be honest I think we were right, we have a lot of new young players coming up, lets keep giving them exposure for the rest of this year and wait for 09.

Our club has been through salary cap scandal and rape allegations .... this is only a lost game .... Go buy yourself a Manly or Roosters jumper if winning is the only thing your want in life….. Being a true club supporter is not only about bragging to your mates when your team has a great win, it is also about being there offering support when the team is struggling. South’s have done it for years, we have only done it for eight games and some of you are bleating. Get some blue and white passion back into you.

Bulldog Supporter Born and Bred!

Last edited by a moderator:

bulldogtimbo

Hazem's kicking tee.
Reaction score
No halfback, no props.
All the quality we had in no7 and upfront we lost in the past few seasons. Great to see Mason kill it tonight at the Roosters.:rolleyes:

If we dont sign a no 7 or give Groom a chance to see what he can do, and dont find any decent props we will struggle next year
We have "decent" props,just not a decent halfback.It's sad to see Holdsworth at half when he is probabaly a 5/8th(second string) at best.He is doing no-one any favours at half,least of all himself.I h8 to say it but maybe Kimmorley aint looking too bad at the mo':o
Or we "could" try one of the younger guys here NOW!!!!!!!! I mean what have we got to lose?Our dignity? Our self respect? Our aura? Hate to break it to you guys but it was all flushed away after tonight's performance!>:(

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
The players didn't put in tonight.

Folkes does not tell them to drop the ball. It was one of those nights.
Then they have no respect for the coach, no repsect for the fans, and no respect for the jersey they wear.

Old Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone who knows my credentials, knows that I have been a loyal supporter of the dogs for over 40 years. But, tonight's performance has left me cold and disgusted!

Whilst I have not backed any calls for sackings of coaches and players, in the heat of the moment tonight, I'm ready to agree that we need mass sackings and a new broom right through this poor excuse for a club.

I'm ashamed of my team. That is a hurtful thing to say, but this is the most disgusting and upsetting performance I have ever had to endure.
I wonder if anyone at the club has the balls to listen to this call. Or will they continue to believe that they owe certain players and coaches loyalty that dismisses the loyalty of the people that pay for everyone employed by the club .... US!

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
I dont know if Kevin Moore can do any better either.

coastaldog

COACH
Reaction score
i,ll be there next week at the gold coast..

hopefully this was one big ****ing wake up call

bulldogtimbo

Hazem's kicking tee.
Reaction score
Don't drop your heads guys. Yes there has been better times and there will be better times again, however in the short term lets show our team we are still behind them. If you think we are feeling bad I am only imagine how the players feel. Surely nobody thinks in even their wildest dreams that the team would not be disappointed by tonight’s display, I reckon they would be.

If you recall prior to kick off this year most of us saw this year as a building phase, to be honest I think we were right, we have a lot of new young players coming up, lets keep giving them exposure for the rest of this year and wait for 09.
While I agree with the majority of your sentiments I feel I must counter with my own observations.
1. In the short term none of us are going anywhere!
2.We know we are feeling bad,we just don't know that the players are feeling as bad as we are.After all they get paid to be a Bulldog,we don't;)
3.This might be a re-building phase for the'dogs,but look up "re-building phase in the thesaurous,I bet the definition doesn't gel with what you saw tonight!
4.If we have "a lot of new young players coming up",where are they?Holdsworth ain't doing it!Where is Groom?Where is Barba?
I don't mean to sound so hostile but I have been a fan of the doggies since we flogged the Roosters in '80(I was 7 and it is the first doggies game I can remember watching) and this is the worst performance I can remember watching,I only hope I can one day forget it!:(

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score

I'll be with you in spirit. Just pray that the team show you some repesct and at least make a game of it. Too much to hope for a win, though.

bulldogtimbo

Hazem's kicking tee.
Reaction score
I dont know if Kevin Moore can do any better either.
Can he do any worse?
Look at the Rooters when Anderson left.They all lifted for Freddie.An ex-player!
I think Folkesey is a great coach,even now, but I cant see what anyone has to gain by him staying here any longer?Can anyone?

bulldogtimbo

Hazem's kicking tee.
Reaction score

The doggies have had nothing but wake-up calls since round 1.
The question is have they woken up yet?
What do you think?

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've just emailed the club to send my support, I encourage all TRUE fans to do the same, instead of making coaching decisions for our team, support them, this is when they need it - not only when we are winning....
I agree it was upsetting to watch and may appear that there is no end in sight for our form slump, but the team needs its fans as much as we need our team.
Please give the boys your support!
I'll be there front row to watch the dogs dominate the titans!

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've just emailed the club to send my support, I encourage all TRUE fans to do the same, instead of making coaching decisions for our team, support them, this is when they need it - not only when we are winning....
I agree it was upsetting to watch and may appear that there is no end in sight for our form slump, but the team needs its fans as much as we need our team.
Great sentiments Lov_Dog, but do you know what really brings fans to games?

Khanzeera

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The better players were pushed in front of the broom.
hit the nail on the head.
the rest of the better players now want out. who would blame them.

this is the start of rebuilding phase number1, it's going to be a long process.

bulldogtimbo

Hazem's kicking tee.
Reaction score
Email the club as much as you want it wont make any difference.And if we dont send these emails are we not "TRUE" fans?I believe,personally,Folkesy will resign,in disgust,after tonight.I feel he will be so disgusted in that performance He can see no reason to stay.
Please don't preach to us about being fair weather supporters,you dont know us all,how can you know how upset we are?If you are worried about us being there next week for the boys then dont,I am sure if we all took the time to register with the kennel then we are pretty fair dinkum!
I hope you enjoy next week at the Gold Coast(say hello to my mum!;)

Guard Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be wearing my dogs jersey tomorrow. I don't care what people think. I'm supporting my team.
thats the spirit and i mean that sincerely even if it was a pitifull display by our supposed 1st grade team>:(

bulldogtimbo

Hazem's kicking tee.
Reaction score
hit the nail on the head.
The better players were pushed in front of the broom
the rest of the better players now want out. who would blame them.

this is the start of rebuilding phase number1, it's going to be a long process.
Am I the only one here who isn't familiar with the whole "broom-nail" theory?

bleedblue&white

go the berries
Reaction score
we have no half back, no decent props ( i don't care what anyone thinks our props are not FG material) no heart and no fuken idea!
seriously the players should be made to watch that game over and over as punishment,
Tonight should show kevin that he needs to get serious about signing some players or next year will be more of the same!

bullfrog_rip

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
they have no fkn heart, no wonder sbw wants to play union, would u play with a bunch of softcocks who put in 50%? our forward pack is crap, big hits tonight? none, forwards breaking the line? no civoniceva makes 3 hit ups in 1 set of six..... he has heart he is a forward, ours do 1 hit up and they get monstered, or lose the ball, if our forwards get their arses handed back to them, our backs wont do a fkn thing....

Status
Not open for further replies.