I'm going to buy a bulldog need to no (English or Aussie)

English bulldog or Aussie bulldog

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
English bulldogs are very expensive , breathing dramas, etc etc
Aussie bulldogs vary to much, and mutts bred together “oh that’s a n Aussie bulldog”
Be careful what you pay for

And generally the old “mutt” is way healthier than the pure bred 99/100 times
Unfortunately with pure. Breeds the breeding lines are too close
Comes from a family full of dog knowledge

You want a “purebred” English bulldog be prepared to pay good cash
And be prepared for vet bills down the track

But an awesome looking dog, very loyal, and brave

Reaction score
i agree with coach, choose mutt over purebred, i learnt that lesson the painful way.
we recently lost a girl due to the inherited problems mentioned and she was even that old relatively.
was a real shame too she had a very friendly personality

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get a Pitbull like me.. I don't like these little toy dogs, like rats

They are actually very very calm dogs. They dont start fights but finish them..

Perfect dog around kids, they tolerate alot of taunting by kids and then if you go near the kids, they protect them.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Get a Pitbull like me.. I don't like these little toy dogs, like rats

They are actually very very calm dogs. They dont start fights but finish them..

Perfect dog around kids, they tolerate alot of taunting by kids and then if you go near the kids, they protect them.
Yeah pit bulls and kids are a great mix.........deadshit

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Concur mate, wouldnt let one of them ***** of things near kids..untrustworthy breed imo.
Sheldon gets my Pooch of the week vote though cool pic @craigo

Dont have a photo because it was a million years ago but my Nan and Pa had a fat as fuck daschund named Cindy :laughing: , grumpy thing she was with strangers but loved the family once she recognised us.

And CANNOT beat a Labrador they are ace dogs.Jack Russell's are fuckin cool too, not really into the "tough" breeds myself, they to me all have the ability to turn on humans in their DNA.Each to their own though except around children/babies.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Concur mate, wouldnt let one of them ***** of things near kids..untrustworthy breed imo.
Sheldon gets my Pooch of the week vote though cool pic @craigo

Dont have a photo because it was a million years ago but my Nan and Pa had a fat as fuck daschund named Cindy :laughing: , grumpy thing she was with strangers but loved the family once she recognised us.

And CANNOT beat a Labrador they are ace dogs.Jack Russell's are fuckin cool too, not really into the "tough" breeds myself, they to me all have the ability to turn on humans in their DNA.Each to their own though except around children/babies.
He is turning 1 this month. Such a little legend goes everywhere with me apart from shower, work and surfing!

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah pit bulls and kids are a great mix.........deadshit
You have no idea. I have a Pitbull and it's the most family friendly dog Ive ever seen. I've seen kids pull its tail, pinch it, take a bone out of its mouth, sit on it, it's a very very tolerant dog. Just walks off if kids taunt it. Sometimes be birds come stand near it, dicing with death but he just looks at em..

But take it on a walk and all the people taking their toy rat dogs run for cover. People step well away from it. I laugh at the toy dogs out there going for a walk, ridiculous dogs. The toy dogs snarl and bark at my Pitbull, he just looks at them, shakes his head and keeps walking. The toy dogs try pick a fight on leashes, but let's drop the leashes?, the Pitbull no doubt will finish it.

If the toy dogs snarl at me, I'll whack em on the nose with a backfist and watch em run for cover.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The key with dogs is be a very dominant owner, very consistent with your actions, the dog will fall into line.

Even if Ive never met a dog and it wants to be aggressive, you gotta dominate it. There is no time to establish trust, overwhelm it, dominate it and watch it back up.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Pitbull has the hardware to be a real menace.. but it knows who's boss, trys to do what it wants with others but as soon as I say boo, he runs for cover.. example, if he gets into house (he's an outdoor dog), he tries to run around whilst others in my household try get him out, when I walk I to room, he just races for the door. Such is the dominance . I'm a very generous owner but one step out of line is met by extreme aggression

Imagine how a toy dogs would be under my care, shit himself everytime I walk near em

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
The key with dogs is be a very dominant owner, very consistent with your actions, the dog will fall into line.

Even if Ive never met a dog and it wants to be aggressive, you gotta dominate it. There is no time to establish trust, overwhelm it, dominate it and watch it back up.
Just like the Canterbury Bankstown Dogs

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You have no idea. I have a Pitbull and it's the most family friendly dog Ive ever seen. I've seen kids pull its tail, pinch it, take a bone out of its mouth, sit on it, it's a very very tolerant dog. Just walks off if kids taunt it. Sometimes be birds come stand near it, dicing with death but he just looks at em..

But take it on a walk and all the people taking their toy rat dogs run for cover. People step well away from it. I laugh at the toy dogs out there going for a walk, ridiculous dogs. The toy dogs snarl and bark at my Pitbull, he just looks at them, shakes his head and keeps walking. The toy dogs try pick a fight on leashes, but let's drop the leashes?, the Pitbull no doubt will finish it.

If the toy dogs snarl at me, I'll whack em on the nose with a backfist and watch em run for cover.
What "Pitbull" do you have?