If there is one player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much is he on? I don't know and I'm not sure too many others do. Is he being paid overs? Unders? The right money? I've got no idea. To use the worst attacking season in our history to point out a weakness in a players attacking stats is disingenuous. The important thing though is that once the team decided to disregard Des' coaching they were undefeated and Hoppa had more than a few try assists and scored a couple himself. I don't know him personally, never met him, but he does seem to a person of pretty strong character to me. He gave up money for his religion and then in recognition of the dire straits his team was in agreed to go on playing when his strong personal preference was to not do so. You say it is because of the money. I don't know but it is just as likely that it was his sense of commitment to his team mates.
Keep telling yourself that brother.

If money wasn't the driving factor for him to start playing Sunday's then please explain why he didn't chose another career path once he knew every club requires him to play on Sunday for him to get paid?

I get he took a couple years out the game to complete his mission

but gee Whiz let me tell you something I'll bet both my testis that his on close to $450 to $500k a year.

Once again I don't hate the bloke, but is he the best we can get or afford in his position fuck NO, he got looked after from good old mate Dessie boy like half the other plodders in this team did.

Anyway seems to me your having trouble understanding what I'm trying to get across here, my intent of the previous message was that with the funds$ we are paying him and the position his playing in I think the money could be spent on a more younger faster stronger player who can break a game wide open and a centre that does turn and chase like most centres do ffs lol

Is he a bad player No his he a great player No,
Is he a at best a solid player Yes that's my opinion I share of the bloke, did I respect him more before he made himself to look like a fool Yes.

Anyway that's my last reply on this topic, thanks for your input.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Keep telling yourself that brother.

If money wasn't the driving factor for him to start playing Sunday's then please explain why he didn't chose another career path once he knew every club requires him to play on Sunday for him to get paid?

I get he took a couple years out the game to complete his mission

but gee Whiz let me tell you something I'll bet both my testis that his on close to $450 to $500k a year.

Once again I don't hate the bloke, but is he the best we can get or afford in his position fuck NO, he got looked after from good old mate Dessie boy like half the other plodders in this team did.

Anyway seems to me your having trouble understanding what I'm trying to get across here, my intent of the previous message was that with the funds$ we are paying him and the position his playing in I think the money could be spent on a more younger faster stronger player who can break a game wide open and a centre that does turn and chase like most centres do ffs lol

Is he a bad player No his he a great player No,
Is he a at best a solid player Yes that's my opinion I share of the bloke, did I respect him more before he made himself to look like a fool Yes.

Anyway that's my last reply on this topic, thanks for your input.
No problem. We'll revisit this one at the end of the season.....

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Obviously I meant realistically a player joining the club! Not having wet dreams of a player joining while knowing his near to no chance of ever leaving his current club, otherwise I would've picked CS.

I mentioned waqa Blake because realistically we can poach him from Penrith, and he won't cause a massive player movement in the team to fit him in.
Fair enough, Waqa Blake goes ok but makes bad defensive choices. Rather Euan Aitken overall better centre.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He just saved a try Blake, but overall he turned up to play with his bad hands today... errors all round

Tacky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Esan Marsters

Called this kid out at the start of last yr and is off contract 2019.
Fuck off, you can't have him. We gave you Moses Suli instead.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Fuck off, you can't have him. We gave you Moses Suli instead.
he looks good!. i liked when he put the melbourne player over the sideline (i think it was scott) and screamed in his face to show him who was alpha haha

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If there is one player id like to bring to the club it will be waqa blake from Penrith, bloke is just a beast with a lot of speed highly underrated will much rather hoppas cash given to him.
Except he won’t come as cheap and hoppa is far from our problem in the backline

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Except he won’t come as cheap and hoppa is far from our problem in the backline
I wouldn't think waqa Blake will break the bank
I say $350k $400k or even $450k will entice him to come to the dogs

And you think hoppa is on the cheap if so please share! Hoppa is on minimum I say about $450k $500k

Also I never said hoppa was our only problem, but he is part of the problem.

as is most of the team but the biggest issue I see is, hoppa Montoya Bmozz Frawley Tolman Eastwood Elliot

Especially the outside backs they don't provide much compared to other teams

they should be helping out our forwards by getting the sets rolling

instead of having the forwards defend the set then run back to the 10m 20m or 30m line to take hit ups and be effective,

they should come in and relieve the pressure of the forwards and get us on the front foot, like most other outside backs do for there team,

they try to do it only to gain a measley 2-5m and get dominated Bmozz runs 2m sideways before being put on his back Montoya runs then slows himself into the defence gaining 5m if lucky and hoppa dose the same as Montoya.

And Tolman and Eastwood are past there best and unfortunately can't keep up with the game anymore, and Elliot is just not first grade Standard so to is Frawley

Last edited:

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
These 'wish type' posts torture me and are absolutely useless.Unless we start displaying a winning mentality with a show of grit and pride, nobody who values their career over a quick buck will come to the dogs.If we display improvements and string a run of wins especially at the back end of the season so as to give us a respectable position on the table, then maybe,just maybe we might generate some interest.

ToughDog

Waterboy
Reaction score
I just want our old players back
Marty Taupau
dale Finucane
sam kasiano
james graham
josh reynolds
Curtis rona
People who wanted to be there but were forced out (except rona)

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I note a few have been having a crack at Hoppa over the past couple of weeks so I had a look at just who is doing the work out the back. I've compared them to the benchmark backline, the Storm to get some context (Bear in mind Billy has only played one game though)
Player Runs/Metres Tackle Busts Player Runs/Metres Tackle Busts
Mbye 21/273 8 Slater 13/104 2
Montoya 22/145 3 JAC 17/272 4
Hoppa 25/210 4 Chambers 24/191 0
BMoz 18/110 10 Vainavulu 22/204 9
JMoz 22/181 3 Scott 21/172 3

So comparatively the FB's line up OK (notwithstanding that Billy is only 1 game back and the best in the business) The right sides show we had more hitups for less metres (100+) but we had more tackle busts. On the left side is reasonably even across the board although they have run for about 80m more than us.

On a positional basis FB/Left and Right Centres are pretty similar although you could mount an argument that Hoppa has done the best of those players in those positions. It is our wings that are the problem 40/255 v 39/470 shows we are 200m behind them even though we have the same number of hitups. I couldn't be bothered checking the Roosters stats but the way Fingerson/Tabasco and even Tupou (while he was there) played it wouldn't be pretty I wouldn't think

Why? Well neither winger has made a line break of any note and clearly they are running in traffic a lot. the other thing we tend to overlook is the quality of the kicking game of the opposition so far. Smith/Jacks/Croft/Munster in round 1 and Cronk/Keary in round 2 kicked very effectively giving our back 3 little space and a lot of time for them to set their line. Even so looking across all of those stats you would have to say Montoya needs to do a whole lot more than he has. BMoz has plenty of tackle busts but still needs more metres. The 2 centres are going better than OK though.

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't think waqa Blake will break the bank
I say $350k $400k or even $450k will entice him to come to the dogs

And you think hoppa is on the cheap if so please share! Hoppa is on minimum I say about $450k $500k

Also I never said hoppa was our only problem, but he is part of the problem.

as is most of the team but the biggest issue I see is, hoppa Montoya Bmozz Frawley Tolman Eastwood Elliot

Especially the outside backs they don't provide much compared to other teams

they should be helping out our forwards by getting the sets rolling

instead of having the forwards defend the set then run back to the 10m 20m or 30m line to take hit ups and be effective,

they should come in and relieve the pressure of the forwards and get us on the front foot, like most other outside backs do for there team,

they try to do it only to gain a measley 2-5m and get dominated Bmozz runs 2m sideways before being put on his back Montoya runs then slows himself into the defence gaining 5m if lucky and hoppa dose the same as Montoya.

And Tolman and Eastwood are past there best and unfortunately can't keep up with the game anymore, and Elliot is just not first grade Standard so to is Frawley
Hoppa always makes over a 100m and makes decent runs coming out of our own end, I don’t see what your watching if you think his runs are as bad as the rest of our backs coming off our own line. Apart from Mbye he makes the most metres in the backline

Status
Not open for further replies.