If there is one player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I didn't say we have to get him, I said I would like him a the club at the expense of hoppa.
He could've scored a hatrick last wk if the men around him passed the ball instead of kick and you would be saying Hoppa is the man.

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Coen Hess is off contract in 2019 and I would throw all of Eastwoods 800k plus Tolman as a gift to the Cowboys.

800k plus a guaranteed start in the 13 is mouth watering stuff.

There is fook all backs available for next year except Mansour who is not worth what he is asking for.

8. Woods
9. Lichaa
10. Klemmer
11. RFM
12. Hess
13. Jackson

NSW starting 8, 10 & 13
QLD backrower
Kiwi backrower (should be)

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Coen Hess is off contract in 2019 and I would throw all of Eastwoods 800k plus Tolman as a gift to the Cowboys.

800k plus a guaranteed start in the 13 is mouth watering stuff.

There is fook all backs available for next year except Mansour who is not worth what he is asking for.

8. Woods
9. Lichaa
10. Klemmer
11. RFM
12. Hess
13. Jackson

NSW starting 8, 10 & 13
QLD backrower
Kiwi backrower (should be)
Im with you, cant see Cowboys letting him go but... if we cant get him im only sold on E,Lowe or T.Pangai.Jr

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He could've scored a hatrick last wk if the men around him passed the ball instead of kick and you would be saying Hoppa is the man.
That was only one situation which would only lead to one try,

what about how slow he turns and chases!

What about leaving Jackson posted leaving Munster to bust through and set up JAC instead of coming in and banking on Munster to throw the long ball to Curtis Scott ?

Or his stupid running Hoffman of the ball and gifting Melbourne a set of 6 in our 20 which lead to a back to back sets and zapped our energy and the very next set Munster slices through and sets up JAC.

Yep hoppa is a man of faith

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

What about leaving Jackson posted leaving Munster to bust through and set up JAC instead of coming in and banking on Munster to throw the long ball to Curtis Scott ?

Or his stupid running Hoffman of the ball and gifting Melbourne a set of 6 in our 20 which lead to a back to back sets and zapped our energy and the very next set Munster slices through and sets up JAC.

Gee you really don't like Hoppa do you. If you can't rely on Jackson to make a tackle then its game over anyway. Hoppa was on his player and Montoya on his. Hoppa goes into help our best defender defend and not only does he pass to an unmarked player who scores but everyone bakes him because he couldn't trust our best defender. As for running Hoffman off the ball, he wasn't even looking in his general direction. Was the softest example I have ever seen of a penalty for that. As for being slow to turn and chase I can only assume you are talking about JAC blasting through. Everyone looks slow if they give him a headstart. Hoppa played pretty well last week, particularly given it is his first game in the centres with a new defensive structure for a couple of years.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gee you really don't like Hoppa do you. If you can't rely on Jackson to make a tackle then its game over anyway. Hoppa was on his player and Montoya on his. Hoppa goes into help our best defender defend and not only does he pass to an unmarked player who scores but everyone bakes him because he couldn't trust our best defender. As for running Hoffman off the ball, he wasn't even looking in his general direction. Was the softest example I have ever seen of a penalty for that. As for being slow to turn and chase I can only assume you are talking about JAC blasting through. Everyone looks slow if they give him a headstart. Hoppa played pretty well last week, particularly given it is his first game in the centres with a new defensive structure for a couple of years.
Gee whiz, your assumption of me hating hoppa is based on me pointing out how poorly he played on the weekend.

Well I'll clear it up for you I don't hate William nor do I think his a bad player but he isn't a game breaker either.

but is it wrong for me to want a player in his position who I think will be better faster stronger more elusive! I think it's time for the club to stop accepting ok players or once in a blue moon have a blinder type player, it's time we only accept the best and I know I might be asking for to much but ffs if other clubs are doing it why can't we?

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Gee whiz, your assumption of me hating hoppa is based on me pointing out how poorly he played on the weekend.

Well I'll clear it up for you I don't hate William nor do I think his a bad player but he isn't a game breaker either.

but is it wrong for me to want a player in his position who I think will be better faster stronger more elusive! I think it's time for the club to stop accepting ok players or once in a blue moon have a blinder type player, it's time we only accept the best and I know I might be asking for to much but ffs if other clubs are doing it why can't we?
It was based on that and your little crack about his religion at the end....That's personal in my books. I couldn't care less if he worships watermelons as long as he plays OK which he did. It's his first run at centre in 2 years and you came up with, in my opinion, two wrong calls to paint a picture he was only average. Sure, he didn't give a 10/10 performance. How could he in a beaten side, but he was still at least a 7. Made plenty of tackles and runs. Without a lot of clean ball he couldn't offload to MM but I'm sure when those inside him work it out it will happen as well. Hoppa will by seasons end show he is a top class centre.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was based on that and your little crack about his religion at the end....That's personal in my books. I couldn't care less if he worships watermelons as long as he plays OK which he did. It's his first run at centre in 2 years and you came up with, in my opinion, two wrong calls to paint a picture he was only average. Sure, he didn't give a 10/10 performance. How could he in a beaten side, but he was still at least a 7. Made plenty of tackles and runs. Without a lot of clean ball he couldn't offload to MM but I'm sure when those inside him work it out it will happen as well. Hoppa will by seasons end show he is a top class centre.
It isn't personal at all I was one who was supporting his decision to not play Sunday's cause his faith meant so much to him as he was telling the media and anyone who would listen.

But I lost respect for him when contract year came round then he decided to have a change of $$$ I mean heart that was the straw in the sand for me plus he is a slightly above average player at best doesn't matter what position you play him in centre three quarter wing fullback.

Name me one fullback last year that almost went the entire 26rounds scoreless lucky for him he crossed the line against the tits in the second last game of the season, scoring try's is as important as saving them vice versa.

Again I don't hate him nor do I think his a useless player but his money and position could be better well used
I just lost respect for him and I've given you my reasons.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

3 - Mbye kicking instead of passing, Mbye dropping into Carr instead of passing and Montoya kicking instead of passing. If Montoya looked inside Hoppa and Mbye were unmarked.

Turn and chase for what? His a centre not a winger or FB...

Jacko was half conscious all match and lost his bearings early, Hoppa did go wide too early I guess to make sure Carr doesn't burn him on the outside but if anything JJ was too close to Foran and didn't slide quick enough.

LMAO! Hoffman penalty was soft af... would have got a yellow in soccer for diving.

Last edited:

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Esan Marsters

Called this kid out at the start of last yr and is off contract 2019.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
3 - Mbye kicking instead of passing, Mbye dropping into Carr instead of passing and Montoya kicking instead of passing. If Montoya looked inside Hoppa and Mbye were unmarked.

Jacko was half conscious all match and lost his bearings early, if anything he was too close to Foran and didn't push up in a line..

LMAO! Hoffman penalty was soft af... would have got a yellow in soccer for diving.

Lmfao turn and chase for what??? Really

So James Roberts doesn't turn and chase when his beaten on the inside shoulder or nor does waqa Blake or Curtis Scott or Dane gagai josh Morris just to name a few? lol please

Also the pass that dropped into JAC'S lap was never gonna be a 100% certain try the cover defence was coming fast and would've most likely bundled hoppa into touch, and the Montoya situation was not even close so yeah only really one real scoring opportunity was when Moey kicked instead of putting it through the hands.

And regarding the Hoffman penalty it was as dumb and unnecessary as hoppa not playing Sunday's, and the true to the matter is he put us under heaps of pressure with back to back sets on our line which eventually the next set Munster sliced through and that was due to fatigue and having your energy zapped defending your line for 12 tackles straight, hence the poor kick by Foran that Munster caught on the full.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Jacko was half conscious all match and lost his bearings early, Hoppa did go wide too early I guess to make sure Carr doesn't burn him on the outside but if anything JJ was too close to Foran and didn't slide quick enough.

Hoppa left jacko posted he should've come in and banked on Munster throwing it wide as Scott was on the wing and Montoya had JAC marked

and I highly doubt Munster would've thrown it wide to the winger in Scott on first and risked Scott dropping it or being thrown into touch, especially knowing Munster almost always runs it and throws the dummy with the fend when bring the ball back on first.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
That's the kennel mate, first to crucify a player for an off weak then praise them and say "lets keep these guy for the rest of his career" when they do something good.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lmfao turn and chase for what??? Really

So James Roberts doesn't turn and chase when his beaten on the inside shoulder or nor does waqa Blake or Curtis Scott or Dane gagai josh Morris just to name a few? lol please

Also the pass that dropped into JAC'S lap was never gonna be a 100% certain try the cover defence was coming fast and would've most likely bundled hoppa into touch, and the Montoya situation was not even close so yeah only really one real scoring opportunity was when Moey kicked instead of putting it through the hands.

And regarding the Hoffman penalty it was as dumb and unnecessary as hoppa not playing Sunday's, and the true to the matter is he put us under heaps of pressure with back to back sets on our line which eventually the next set Munster sliced through and that was due to fatigue and having your energy zapped defending your line for 12 tackles straight, hence the poor kick by Foran that Munster caught on the full.
It all depends on how quick the guy passes you doesn't it... I will admit his not the fastest cat but his not dumb to chase when blokes like Munster and Carr go by you. AND can you guarantee me the blokes u named turn and chase everytime... hell no.

You obviously didn't watch the game again... There was no cover, In fact the only cover was Glasby who was 10m in field and all hop had to do was step inside him or draw and pass to Marcelo. Montoya kicking, the pass was on all day everyday.

Hoffman penalty was way too soft but your right Hop should know better not to run into the chasers line... though when its his first time in the centre's after a few years it is excusable... ONCE!

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hoppa left jacko posted he should've come in and banked on Munster throwing it wide as Scott was on the wing and Montoya had JAC marked

and I highly doubt Munster would've thrown it wide to the winger in Scott on first and risked Scott dropping it or being thrown into touch, especially knowing Munster almost always runs it and throws the dummy with the fend when bring the ball back on first.
The options were either to leave montoya on 2 on 1 situation with space or to leave jackson to deal with munster or at least slow him down enough for inside men to come and help. No brainer mate.
Unfortunate for jackson to miss the tackle. However the chance of him tackling munster is >>>>>> montoya shutting down a 2 on 1 situation.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
It isn't personal at all I was one who was supporting his decision to not play Sunday's cause his faith meant so much to him as he was telling the media and anyone who would listen.

But I lost respect for him when contract year came round then he decided to have a change of $$$ I mean heart that was the straw in the sand for me plus he is a slightly above average player at best doesn't matter what position you play him in centre three quarter wing fullback.

Name me one fullback last year that almost went the entire 26rounds scoreless lucky for him he crossed the line against the tits in the second last game of the season, scoring try's is as important as saving them vice versa.

Again I don't hate him nor do I think his a useless player but his money and position could be better well used
I just lost respect for him and I've given you my reasons.
How much is he on? I don't know and I'm not sure too many others do. Is he being paid overs? Unders? The right money? I've got no idea. To use the worst attacking season in our history to point out a weakness in a players attacking stats is disingenuous. The important thing though is that once the team decided to disregard Des' coaching they were undefeated and Hoppa had more than a few try assists and scored a couple himself. I don't know him personally, never met him, but he does seem to a person of pretty strong character to me. He gave up money for his religion and then in recognition of the dire straits his team was in agreed to go on playing when his strong personal preference was to not do so. You say it is because of the money. I don't know but it is just as likely that it was his sense of commitment to his team mates.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You asked a question "if there is one player" and instantly shutdown someones ONE player lol
Obviously I meant realistically a player joining the club! Not having wet dreams of a player joining while knowing his near to no chance of ever leaving his current club, otherwise I would've picked CS.

I mentioned waqa Blake because realistically we can poach him from Penrith, and he won't cause a massive player movement in the team to fit him in.

Status
Not open for further replies.