If or When Barba Leaves??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jo7resh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's a fair chance it could go the other way mate. If what some people are reporting in that half the team don't want him anyway than dropping him could clear the docile elephant from the room. I don't think our future hinges on that grubb.
lets remember he has only one good season that he will never repeat again in his life time and i laugh at any team that throws money at him

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
There's a fair chance it could go the other way mate. If what some people are reporting in that half the team don't want him anyway than dropping him could clear the docile elephant from the room. I don't think our future hinges on that grubb.
Oh our long term future certainly won't. But the club should brace itself for the following:

1. Further underperforming players using the Barba situation as an excuse to fail;
2. Dwindling crowd numbers;
3. Fall in revenue and sponsorship dollars; and
4. The prospect of fielding a noncompetitive team in today's penaltyathonRL.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Oh our long term future certainly won't. But the club should brace itself for the following:

1. Further underperforming players using the Barba situation as an excuse to fail;
2. Dwindling crowd numbers;
3. Fall in revenue and sponsorship dollars; and
4. The prospect of fielding a noncompetitive team in today's penaltyathonRL.
1. Des wont allow it. They'll be moved on too.
2. Good. We need a bandwagon cleanout. They'll all come crawling back #proudtobeabulldog once A-league doesn't go to plan, or when we're kicking arse again.
3. Sponsors come, sponsors go. Meh.
4. Would only happen if we had injuries galore. See #1.

jo7resh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Des wont allow it. They'll be moved on too.
2. Good. We need a bandwagon cleanout. They'll all come crawling back #proudtobeabulldog once A-league doesn't go to plan, or when we're kicking arse again.
3. Sponsors come, sponsors go. Meh.
4.Would only happen if we had injuries galore. See #1.
yea this defiantly wouldn't happen by just losing barba it comes down to our forwards laying the platform of dominance in each game

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It has taken overnight for it to sink in but Ben Barba is gone. Let's prepare for a tough ride in the next 3-5 years.
Only if we don't land a big name replacement which I think won't happen.

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
It has taken overnight for it to sink in but Ben Barba is gone. Let's prepare for a tough ride in the next 3-5 years.
Easy with melodrama mate, We have plenty of players who are & can be the face of the bulldogs, Reynolds comes to mind. Its not all gloom and doom. Cheer up.

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Happy for Barba to leave.
I know he is a junior and all but his head is still not in the best place and family should be put 1st. We can still win a premiership without him - it ain't the end of the world.
When he leaves I cant see us blooding any good fullbacks anytime soon so IMO we need to sign another gun.
Wouldn't want Locke, Gardner, Hayne or Folau.
I would only be keen for Hoffman or Beale. Someone like Justin Hunt from Rabbitohs would be okay as well on a 1 year contract.
Outside the box what about: Jesse Mogg? Super star in the making for super rugby. Not sure what is contract situation is though - presuming that Union wouldn't let him go...

N

Natboy

Folau would be great but sounds unlikely.
Hayne is a knob but would carve up with our forwards.
Locke is a good player but injury prone, similar to Coote.
Hoffman just re-signed with those poaching ****s in Brisbane.
Beale as in the rugby player with dramas or the injured dragons player?

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Folau would be great but sounds unlikely.
Hayne is a knob but would carve up with our forwards.
Locke is a good player but injury prone, similar to Coote.
Hoffman just re-signed with those poaching ****s in Brisbane.
Beale as in the rugby player with dramas or the injured dragons player?
Kurtley Beale. Yes he has issues - but under Hasler should be good :D He would kill it in league.

Status
Not open for further replies.