If or When Barba Leaves??

Status
Not open for further replies.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The question remains as to who will replace Ben Barba after this season if he decides to leave. Many names have been thrown around and below is a list of fullbacks the dogs will most probably consider... Can u think of anyone else??

Israel Folau - Seems like he enjoys rugby
Sam Tomkins - Better than Slater but demands big Bucks
Nathan Gardner - Aint that bad of a player and sharks dont want him
Drury Low - proved he can play there but need to learn how to defend properly
Josh Dugan - Has displyed his a gun but can we trust him?

There are many more but who would u want??

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Tim Lafai.

And by the way, Sam Tomkins is not better than Billy Slater, lol

OG-DOG

Waterboy
Reaction score
Wouldn't mind seeing j moz to fb, perret, inu, lafai, Browne, Reynolds, hodgkinson back line.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Not much of a list really hey.

Folau - likes money not rugby BUT who knows where he is at?
Tomkins - Don't know but the only fullback probably better than slater is Greg Inglis.
Dugan - Would rather play Kris Keating at fullback then ever see him in blue and white!!!!!

As I see it there is no replacement for Barba other than Folau, Morris moved or just start again with a new bloke. I personally wouldn't release Barba until his contract is finished or we sign someone better!

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As I see it there is no replacement for Barba other than Folau, Morris moved or just start again with a new bloke. I personally wouldn't release Barba until his contract is finished or we sign someone better!
Yep surely this is what the board is doing, its obvious barba is gone it's only a matter of when. Tomkins would only be a short term thing, i could be wrong but i thought it was reported that he was only given permission to go to an NRL club on the proviso that he comes back to wigan but im not sure where i read that so it could be just more rubbish.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Aren't half those blokes on contract anyway?

Besides the best bloke to replace Barba is Barba.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score

And the best replacement for rationality is some sand to bury your head in?

I think after some things Barba has said we'd better accept he may leave.... who do you think was blogging if not Benny? Puff the magic dragon?

Stringer

CAR RAMROD
Reaction score
Moses Mbye when we signed him he was playing fullback.

Symm

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What are the thoughts on Kevin Locke from the Warriors? Seems quick, evasive, and apparently his contract is up at the end of 2013?

Re: K Hunt - his AFL club just said he's contracted to play next year and they expect him to honor that contract. I'm also starting to buy into the whole 'don't sign QLD players' argument, so for me, that scrubs Hunt, and Folau too...

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What are the thoughts on Kevin Locke from the Warriors? Seems quick, evasive, and apparently his contract is up at the end of 2013?

Re: K Hunt - his AFL club just said he's contracted to play next year and they expect him to honor that contract. I'm also starting to buy into the whole 'don't sign QLD players' argument, so for me, that scrubs Hunt, and Folau too...
I rate Kevin Locke quite highly. I do not know why the Warriors would consider get rid of him.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score

very helpful.

Are you still hanging on to the fact that you 'know' he's not going anywhere when clearly you and others don't?

very unlikely but RTS is who I'd be going after personally.

Symm

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I can't say they're necessarily happy to let him go, but we might be able to offer more. I rate him as well, handy talent.

adamski007

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If Des wont put Lafai in as centre then definitley train him up as a fullback, has the speed, footwork and is strong as....Barba was shocking under the high ball once upon a time also.

Lafai could well turn out to be better than Barba given half a chance.

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You aren't going to replace Barba if he goes. Our game plan will have to change and so will our team composition. Tomkins isn't even better than Barba let alone Slater. He's a fine player but he hasn't had the NRL defence to deal with.

I Hope that ben stays a few more years.

Ndawai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I Hope that ben stays a few more years.
Hope so mate
Barba wont leave I hope because he is irreplaceable!

But just entertaining the idea of possible replacements.
Jordan Kahu (off contract after this year) from the Broncos looks the goods. 4 tries from 8 games in 2013 plus he's a kiwi so it shouldnt be a issue luring him over, just send our kiwi contingent up there for a chat.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
There will be plenty if time to discuss this if and when it happens. Right now ur just feeding rumours. Its not like there isnt enough threads about barba leaving in here already.

Thread = dud

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
while I don't want barbe to leave the club, I also believe the team must come before the greed of any person, barba and his manager signed a long term deal for a set agreed amount of money, at the time it was well regarded by many that barba was seen as to small, couldn't catch a ball, couldn't defend, wouldn't make it in the nrl.
the bulldogs took the chance on a long term deal, barba turned things around, now the club has to either bow to his wishes of more money or continue with the charade that is currently going on between barba his manager and the club.
if he wants to stay come out and say it, if he wants to go let him go

the club has over come these types of things before and will do again

Status
Not open for further replies.