I think we deserve better than that

Status
Not open for further replies.

RORY

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Seriously, we as fans, deserve better than the 2nd half efforts we put in sometimes.

Folkes and Ryan should be lifting these blokes and time after time, we just don't show up in the 2nd half.

Holdsworth, Winitana, Morrin lazy in defence for try 1 in 2nd half.

SBW useless shoulder charge on Ruben Wiki. Looked good but he still score so WTF for.

etc etc etc......

If Moore is taking over, then he should start immediately. So should Dymock now that he has been punted by the Sharks.

I have nothing against Folkes, but we need to move on as a club now if we want a chance of making the 8.

1st thing to do.

Fix our overated defence that gives up an average of 26 points per game.

Blessed

OurTeam-OurFamily-OurArmy
Reaction score
Seriously, we as fans, deserve better than the 2nd half efforts we put in sometimes.

Folkes and Ryan should be lifting these blokes and time after time, we just don't show up in the 2nd half.

Holdsworth, Winitana, Morrin lazy in defence for try 1 in 2nd half.

SBW useless shoulder charge on Ruben Wiki. Looked good but he still score so WTF for.

etc etc etc......

If Moore is taking over, then he should start immediately. So should Dymock now that he has been punted by the Sharks.
I have nothing against Folkes, but we need to move on as a club now if we want a chance of making the 8.

1st thing to do.

Fix our overated defence that gives up an average of 26 points per game.
I agree, i was actaully thinkin today that i cant see Folkes seeing out the season.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
I think us fans including myself we demand too much, maybe its the winning culture of the club and the fact that us and Brisbane are always expected to make the 8 without question, (not for this season but generally speaking). Some dogs supporters walked into this season thinking we won't achieve much and realistically they are probably right.

I still think we are probably the most frustrating team in the comp to watch, mainly because you don't have a clue what to expect. We were 2/5 last season as well so we will see were this goes, i still think its early but having said that we don't have what it takes to beat the big packs which is why i don't look forward to playing the Roosters, Broncos and Storm in particular.

A change of coach would possibly make things worse in the middle of the comp, predominantly with a teams structure. The roosters is not a good example because that was a whole different situation, the players clearly had much more respect for Fittler then Anderson and that was evident.

scot

I'll unleash these on you
Reaction score
Wouldn't be blaming Morrin for anything. Our middle of the ruck defence picks u when he comes on.

The lack of a 7 when we're camped on the tryline 2 weeks running is the problem...and that isn't Holdsworths fault. He is a makeshift 7. Todd Greenburg needs to go and either pay Penrith a release fee for Gower, or offer BrettFinch a deal he cannot refuse for 09.

For the time being, Sulli to7 (if not out) or get Groom or Barba in. Roberts to 7 isn't the answer because he has become the 6 we need.

RORY

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think us fans including myself we demand too much, maybe its the winning culture of the club and the fact that us and Brisbane are always expected to make the 8 without question, (not for this season but generally speaking). Some dogs supporters walked into this season thinking we won't achieve much and realistically they are probably right.

I still think we are probably the most frustrating team in the comp to watch, mainly because you don't have a clue what to expect. We were 2/5 last season as well so we will see were this goes, i still think its early but having said that we don't have what it takes to beat the big packs which is why i don't look forward to playing the Roosters, Broncos and Storm in particular.
Jimmy

Every fan expects a lot of their team, whoever they support.

We should however demand better 2nd half efforts consistently.

We lost the 2nd half to Parra 28-0 in rd 1.

We lost the 2nd half today 26-4.

Both matches we led at half time.

Sorry mate, but the fans deserve better than that, even if its a narrow loss in the end.

We are a much better team than to have such lop sided halves like that.

A

A_C

I can't believe the turning on folkes. I bet if we won today - even half heartedly no one wouldbe demanding he be dumped midseason. You talk of showing hazem some respect. Well show folkes some aswell.

RORY

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Wouldn't be blaming Morrin for anything. Our middle of the ruck defence picks u when he comes on.

The lack of a 7 when we're camped on the tryline 2 weeks running is the problem...and that isn't Holdsworths fault. He is a makeshift 7. Todd Greenburg needs to go and either pay Penrith a release fee for Gower, or offer BrettFinch a deal he cannot refuse for 09.

For the time being, Sulli to7 (if not out) or get Groom or Barba in. Roberts to 7 isn't the answer because he has become the 6 we need.
Not blaming Morrin for anything, nor SBW for missing the shoulder charge.

Its the attitude. The team attitude in the 2nd half.

I dont think Sully is a no 7. Rather him off the bench.

Holdsworth must go though. Put simply, its just not working out!

Give the young guys a go.

Cant be any worse than Holdsworth.

M

mofo sixx

to be fair most teams are not on their best form in NZ, i rekn leave any speculation until after next weeks game, if we get done by the Dragons then yes our season is most definately in tatters, that said i would be happy to not see Holdsworth retain his spot,

RORY

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I can't believe the turning on folkes. I bet if we won today - even half heartedly no one wouldbe demanding he be dumped midseason. You talk of showing hazem some respect. Well show folkes some aswell.
Mate, why dont you read the thread properly!!!!

' I have nothing against Folkes, but we need to move on as a club with Dymock unemployed and Moore already there'.

Did you read that about 3 sentences from the bottom of the page?

Obviously not.

scot

I'll unleash these on you
Reaction score
I think Holdsworth needs to practice being a halfback in NSW Cup. I was against him being dropped for development reasons but I'm just not sure we can continue on this front.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
LOL FINCH, never ever sign Finch to the Bulldogs

Bitemarks

mmm tasty ear
Reaction score
I'd take Finch right now in a heart beat. We badly need an experienced halfback and thats what he is. There isn't many good ones running around available other than him and Gower.

Hammer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate, why dont you read the thread properly!!!!

' I have nothing against Folkes, but we need to move on as a club with Dymock unemployed and Moore already there'.

Did you read that about 3 sentences from the bottom of the page?

Obviously not.
I read the bit where you said you have nothing against Folkes but want him dumped immediately, makes heaps of sense tbh

PHELPSY

DEEEEEEBO
Reaction score
I'd take Finch right now in a heart beat. We badly need an experienced halfback and thats what he is. There isn't many good ones running around available other than him and Gower.
as much as i cant stand Finch, i agree.

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I honestly cannot see us winning the comp this year! Almost every other year I can see us winning it...

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I like DJ and we all know he's not a halfback. It's a shame he's in his current predicament. I can cop a defeat if they put in, but if they just lose the plot like this, I get pretty sick of it after a while. I still have faith, it's only round 5, but being it's round 5 now, folkes must consider changes in the next few weeks if it stays this bad

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score

LOL Finch.

Status
Not open for further replies.