News 'I still pinch myself': New Bulldogs skipper Stephen Crichton to emulate hero Sonny Bill Williams

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I really don't get the hate for SBW, it's not like he is the guy who ran the club into a shambles. Mismanaged our juniors, mismanaged our salary cap, mismanaged pathways and sent us on a 7 year finals drought.

Where is the hate for Dib, Greenturd & RaeRae, etc????

The energy for SBW is bizarre.

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really don't get the hate for SBW, it's not like he is the guy who ran the club into a shambles. Mismanaged our juniors, mismanaged our salary cap, mismanaged pathways and sent us on a 7 year finals drought.

He blamed it on “the culture”

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Who doesn’t hate Dib, Greenturd, Raelene,
Or even further back Malcom Noad?

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even though SBW was an arsehole for doing a runner and I hate him for it I can't deny he was a brilliant player and if critta wants to emulate SBW's talent on the ground then I'm all for it and hope he does even if critta is a talented player in his own right I would still rate SBW as one of the best players I have ever seen.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
With the way they are milking Crichton, I wonder if the NRL will finally lay off being asses to us and give us special treatment? Oh, look it's time for me to wake up.
Miracles do happen. But I expect we're going to need to be better than our opponents and the advantage that the refs can give them. Ultimately the only guarantee that we'll win is if we're a much better team. I think there's a number of teams we'll struggle against. But also many that I think we can beat. But refs are ultimately a huge hurdle if they're siding with the opposition.

I think the decision makers at the club back then had the option to retain $ Bill or Asotasi to build our pack around. Asotasi went on to be the backbone and enforcer for South's until retirement. We all know what money bill did.

I hate Greenturd for pulling the rug from under the junior production line. Hasler was perfectly fine with it as he preferred an experienced mediocre player over a promising untested junior anyway. It's ironic that while Hasler could entice solid football from a team, it was ultimately the emergence of Brett Stewart, DCE, Foran etc that gave him the X factor on top of a solid play style to get his premierships. Cook and Taupau leaving I blame on Hasler too. Dib ultimately left us in a huge hole by panic buying to try saving his job. Woods and Foran were overpriced and bad value. Cost us Graham and I think one other good player.

Castle took over at a shit time and unfortunately inherited the earliest stages of a Trainwreck. Not a lot she could have done to right the ship in a short time.

But the point of the sbw hate here is that Crichton slathered him with love, someone pre emptively said "winter is coming" (SBW hatred rants). Lo and behold he's not forgiven by many. It's not going to change.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sonny Bill got involved with some absolute turds and he became as bad as them. However prior to that he was a soft spoken kid with immense talent. Just goes to show you are the people who you associate with

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He can never emulate the great one.

No one will come close to the one who was easily the greatest bulldog of all time.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sonny Bill got involved with some absolute turds and he became as bad as them. However prior to that he was a soft spoken kid with immense talent. Just goes to show you are the people who you associate with
You’re exactly right, I met him a few times just as he came into 1st grade .. he was exactly that, humble, a bit shy, softly spoken and had so much time for all the kids who loved him ..

You’re spot on with this comment ..

I hope if we uncover some really exception talent in the future that we can hold onto them like the Storm seem to hold onto there’s ..

The clubs had an uncanny knack of uncovering exceptional talent in the past, but we’ve never seemed to have hung onto them for very long, Steve & Baa aside that is .. I’m talking JT, SBW, Barba level ..

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Do you think it is a love-in for those three here?