I quit smoking

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well done mate. I smoked for almost 30 years (Wini Reds) and tried giving them up withouut success 4 or 5 times for different lengths but ended back on them. I was giving them up for the wife and kids, for my doctor, because of the expense, the adds on TV etc etc. Then a mates dad gave me the best advice ever.

He told me you only give them up when you want to. Once you go from looking at a packet of ciggys thinking you a not allowed to have one, to realizing I can have one anytime I want BUT i dont want to, then its much easier. I still love the smell of a freshly lit ciggy almost 15 years later but I dont have any desire to have one.
Iv heard the same from alot of ex smokers. This is the first time I'm doing it for me

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Way to go man!

Its been 2 months for me now.

Tbh, iGet Vape has helped me dramatically with the craves, I have no desire to smoke now, the thought and smell of it actually turns me off.

I can definitely feel a differnce
I was actually gonna reply to your thread from 2016 but its locked. Hopefully it lasts this time bro

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Today marks 2 weeks off the darts cold turkey and maybe my hundredth attempt at quitting. I was a pack a day smoker for the past 10 years and finally had enough.

Surprisingly I haven't really had any cravings, but I think that might be due to me getting back in the gym and keeping my mind occupied.

I know it's only early days but this time feels different.
Good effort mate, not a smoker but see how much people struggle Quiting
Keep at it

Just stay away from the winfield pink 8’s

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good effort mate, not a smoker but see how much people struggle Quiting
Keep at it

Just stay away from the winfield pink 8’s
What am I missing with the Winfield pink 8s?

MariaZ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Today marks 2 weeks off the darts cold turkey and maybe my hundredth attempt at quitting. I was a pack a day smoker for the past 10 years and finally had enough.

Surprisingly I haven't really had any cravings, but I think that might be due to me getting back in the gym and keeping my mind occupied.

Well done! For me the first few weeks were the hardest and then it just got easier as the months went by! Now it has been 7 years! I was smoking 15 to 20 cigarettes per day and use to get up most mornings with a sore throat and a heavy cough! I took up swimming and I have never felt so good! Even for an old buggar like me! Lol Keep up your good work! You have got this!

longy0303

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
She calls me Daddy too!
another cool story! did you go to the same special needs school as umogus? "i will just my 3 brain cells to copy and paste the same thing he said" this is what happens when our parents are related and breed. Deformed kids.

we both know if my mum was going to say anything in your direction it would be who walked the dog shit in the house again.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
another cool story! did you go to the same special needs school as umogus? "i will just my 3 brain cells to copy and paste the same thing he said" this is what happens when our parents are related and breed. Deformed kids.

we both know if my mum was going to say anything in your direction it would be who walked the dog shit in the house again.
"I will just my 3 brain cells"?

Sounds like you haven't even got 3 you dumb fuck.

Now run along little boy.

Last edited:

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Great attempt mate

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well done! For me the first few weeks were the hardest and then it just got easier as the months went by! Now it has been 7 years! I was smoking 15 to 20 cigarettes per day and use to get up most mornings with a sore throat and a heavy cough! I took up swimming and I have never felt so good! Even for an old buggar like me! Lol Keep up your good work! You have got this!
Yeah the cough was ridiculous. One of the worst things about smoking

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
She can call me daddy too..please pass on my number [emoji813]eyes:

To Umo, good luck mate you can do it.I gave them away 4 or 5 years ago now after a long long time smoking them.NOW as others have said they smell putrid and toxic, fucken filthy habit :laughing:
A fair few ex smokers here. Good to see

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Fuck yeah,
Keep it up mate.
Best thing you can do for yourself

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
A fair few ex smokers here. Good to see
C'mon bro - you haven't specified what you've quit smoking. Ciggies, mary jane, crack or dare I say, man-meat. Makes a difference.

Never started on crack or man-meat so no idea how much will power is required for that. Mary jane - well reckon I've become a better person after I gave away brekkie cones. Not sure if thats really giving up though....

Regardless - don't let the downers get you down. Good luck....

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
C'mon bro - you haven't specified what you've quit smoking. Ciggies, mary jane, crack or dare I say, man-meat. Makes a difference.

Never started on crack or man-meat so no idea how much will power is required for that. Mary jane - well reckon I've become a better person after I gave away brekkie cones. Not sure if thats really giving up though....

Regardless - don't let the downers get you down. Good luck....
Shouldve specified, i meant ice.

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
Well done buddy.

I quit the ciggies 12 years ago and I still don’t miss it. I even tried to give up numerous times cold turkey but I was told about Champix tablets and that’s where I found success and no side effects either.

TBQH, I don’t know how people on Centrelink payments can afford the prices now.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Shouldve specified, i meant ice.
Now we talking. Good on you. No more scabs or spiders crawling all over you but no more roots where all u need is to be the guy with the pulse.

Positives and negatives.

Have to admit though - like crack. Had a crackhead bail me up once when I was hitting golf balls and walking the dogs down the park. Knew the idiot so told him to back off or I'll crack him with the 7 iron. Idiot had a swing, so I cracked him full on in the head. Out in a flash with blood pissing out of his head. Kept walking the dogs and hitting golf balls (as you do).

Ran into him the next day. 12 stitches in his head. Asked him wtf happened to you. Told me he had no idea but some cnt king hit him. Said if u find out, let me know and I'll clean him up. All good.

Crack - the stuff where you can nearly kill someone and be mates the next day. Good stuff....

Last edited: