I have a feeling

Northern Beaches dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we do not get Ben Hunt, we will get Luke Brooks.
Hearing Gus on 100% footy the other night, he was speaking highly of him. How he has played 200 games as a half and how rare they are.
He was pretty much blaming the Tigers for what they put around him etc.
I would not be surprised at all if we get him if Hunt does not come over.
Now, while i am not a huge fan of him, he is a significant upgrade to what we have.
Yes, he runs rings around Flanno, which is not saying much but it shows where we are as a club in the most important position on the field.
KO needs another 3-4 years easily.
Thoughts?

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope and pray that CC gives Rajab ago at 7 this week, at least to hopefully get some idea of what he's got. I've no doubt that he has plenty of ability I like to see if he has the ability to lead a team around the park. before spending big money on someone else.
WE have wasted far to much money on shit duds. T Rex, Foran, Napa, Thompson Flamingo etc.etc.etc..

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
“Under Ciraldo”
“Behind our pack”
“The next Andrew Johns”
Etc

But yeah I could see it happening too. Definitely a step up from what we’ve had.
I’m just not sure we need another overpaid left footed kicking half with limited game management and organisational skills

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ll be seriously done if this happens

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Running half, his organisational abilities are limited so other than lots of fg experience i dont know what else we would gain?
Bad idea imo.
"KO needs 3 or 4 years easily" surely you jest?
KO will be ready in a year?

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I hope and pray that CC gives Rajab ago at 7 this week, at least to hopefully get some idea of what he's got. I've no doubt that he has plenty of ability I like to see if he has the ability to lead a team around the park. before spending big money on someone else.
WE have wasted far to much money on shit duds. T Rex, Foran, Napa, Thompson Flamingo etc.etc.etc..
You can see if he has team leading ability in 2nd division though. He’s not magically going to develop it if he already wasn’t that style of player lol

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Brooks is absolute garbage. Gus needs to be put in a home
Yeh but what do you really think. Stop sitting on the fence.
Many a commentator has said if Clubs listened to fans we'd have anarchy.
Wouldn't Gus look a tad silly if he goes out and signs Brooks for $650k+ having spent $500k on Oluapos transfer fee to Broncos.
Brooks is not an upgrade. Don't want him in blue and white.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
"I have a feeling"....

Thought this was another 'grab em on the pussy' story from the Libs. Boring.....

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can see if he has team leading ability in 2nd division though. He’s not magically going to develop it if he already wasn’t that style of player lol
I think he has enough ability to be a manufactured half like many say Cronk was.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
KO will be ready in a year?
Bit of an unknown isn't it but surely in 18 months we know what sort of player he is.Another 30 + games and he will be much further developed from where he is now...unless he show signs of burnout or stagnates CC should probably play him the rest of the year.
What do you think of him so far?

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whilst I believe Brooks would have had a much better career thus far if he wasn’t at the Tigers. He isn’t what we need. Brooks is a running 5/8 we already have 300 of these.

We need a game manager. An organiser. To create off the back of our new middle that hopefully is being bought in.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Everything that is happening now is making me seriously question Cuckraldo. Everything is cooked, team lineups just one of them. Ppl blame injuries but were only really missing one player, an over hyped luxury 2nd row signing that we wouldn't know how to use if we tried

hoody06

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Can't see it happening. Both he and Burton are left sided, left footed kickers who are best utilised on the left. This would mean one of them is heavily impacted being on the right. Not a good fit

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think there is more chance of Brooks coming than Hunt. He's what, about 7 years younger? I doubt Hunt would want to start again at another club at 34.

Scoobs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Can't see it happening. Both he and Burton are left sided, left footed kickers who are best utilised on the left. This would mean one of them is heavily impacted being on the right. Not a good fit
exactly, 2 lefties as the main kickers. yuck