I don't like what I see

Status
Not open for further replies.

stclair

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Another question is... how are the players going to react to this news now? how will this impact their performance?
Hopefully galvanizes them, and they win one for the Gipper...

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Let's look at all this rationally. If the team gave a fuck about loyalty we'd have played a shitload better these last few years.

The amount of loyalty Hasler and the club have given this under-performing squad is unprecedented. The club had no choice but to make the call not to re-sign Reynolds.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If we using the work analogy

Reynolds got a pay rise from current employer

His recruitment agent got a bigger offer from rival firm

They (or don't) shop the offer back to current employer who tells them sorry we cannot afford anymore

Sad he's leaving but it's life

we offered the admin girl the pay of the General Manager while we offered peanuts to one of most valuable employee of the company cos the company spent all the money on the admin girl.

thats dumb business bro.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The club is moving forward, you lot should stop being so negative and support the club ffs.
You're one happy chap now. The player you hated only because of personal family reasons....

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's definitely going to cause some problems but considering that it's all sorted now, maybe we can get on with playing football. We no longer have the contract distractions. Reynolds deal is done so he can get back to playing good football. We pretty much know what the halves combo will be next season so we can start Frawley now.
What's there to motivate a player knowing that hard work and dedication is of no value? How deflating is it to know that loving your team and club means nothing to them?
Its not as simple as getting on with things just because a deal is done .Theres an emotional dimension that needs to be dealt with.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Reynolds going is not just another player movement.. Its huge , It shows that loyalty and effort mean shit ...

Mark my words it will cause major unrest at the club , it will turn our attitude from winning at all costs to 'just another day at the office'

I hope I'm wrong but I don't think I am .
It might actually work for us this year. Steel the boy's resolve to try and send him off on the right note....but I think even if it motivates us this year it may have a detrimental effect moving forward...also if players are unsure of their own futures, that won't help team confidence or unity.

I just do not think this is right.

Sad day.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Des finally showing some balls. The spine needs a reboot. Tough decision to make, there will be backlash from some fans.

Ennis leaving was different, he was a journey man. Reynolds on the other hand is someone I thought would remain a 1 club player.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Reynolds going is not just another player movement.. Its huge , It shows that loyalty and effort mean shit ...

Mark my words it will cause major unrest at the club , it will turn our attitude from winning at all costs to 'just another day at the office'

I hope I'm wrong but I don't think I am .
I can't help but think Wolfy that if we had an "attitude of winning at all costs" than we wouldn't be in this situation. Am I wrong that most of the players and staff have lacked in this department, hell I think if we did have that than we would have won one of those 2 lost premierships. Other than Jackson I can't think of any other player who could hold their head high over their performances for the past 3-4 years. Other than Des leaving also this is the path that had to be traveled.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Its like witnessing the unfair dismissal of that guy at the office who always comes in early ,stays back late and is happy to help his team mates out.
Except he wasn't dismissed.

He got an offer for a pay rise, an offer from a rival company for a lot more then went to his current employer who said they can't / won't match that salary.

It's a pretty common occurrence in the workplace.

If I had a mate I worked with who left the company because he got a better offer that the current company wouldn't match, I wouldn't stop continuing to do my job to the best of my ability.

These guys are professionals and it's actually insulting to them to suggest they aren't going to try any more because a co worker is leaving

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You, talking about negativity and supporting the club? Have absolutely lost all credibility with that hypocrisy.
I think its a tongue in cheek comment from him

The tongue that's normally in Mbyes cheeks [emoji23]

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
What's there to motivate a player knowing that hard work and dedication is of no value? How deflating is it to know that loving your team and club means nothing to them?
Its not as simple as getting on with things just because a deal is done .Theres an emotional dimension that needs to be dealt with.
That's what Josh Reynolds is. He's a player who plays to win. He's one of the most competitive players on the field. The only thing that would slow him down is distractions like contract talks.

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
Some of you don't see this yet.. but this is the beginning of a new improved Era under Des new cattle, a quality half in Foran something we haven't Seen since kimmorley or Sherwin this time next year we will also be very excited and grateful this rebuild happened

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Except he wasn't dismissed.

He got an offer for a pay rise, an offer from a rival company for a lot more then went to his current employer who said they can't / won't match that salary.

It's a pretty common occurrence in the workplace.

If I had a mate I worked with who left the company because he got a better offer that the current company wouldn't match, I wouldn't stop continuing to do my job to the best of my ability.

These guys are professionals and it's actually insulting to them to suggest they aren't going to try any more because a co worker is leaving
ok put it this way, his efforts werent appreciated so he was pushed out.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think its a tongue in cheek comment from him

The tongue that's normally in Mbyes cheeks [emoji23]
I actually considered that because its so him but it looks genuine.

Hahahaha... Clever mutha...

Status
Not open for further replies.