I don't like what I see

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is only the beginning

The real shit hasn't hit the fan yet...
Vague open ended statements. Put out specifics mate. You've been saying you know everything, time to put some names out there.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Does anyone actually want us to have new faces at the club or stay with the old cattle we currently have and go no were then bitch and moan about it through out the year. Foran will transform us, look how he has made the warriors compete of late. Woods is a good player probably could get some aggression in him but no doubt he is solid. I'm sorry your favourite most trying hardest Reynolds is gone but it's done move on, typing a forum about it isn't going to make him flip and magically comeback.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The club has shown Reynolds immense loyalty over the years, considering the number of snapperhead moments he's had. He has, in turn, shown that loyalty back until now.

He is shoring up his future, good luck to him.

Mind you, he's had long enough to learn how to kick to get a repeat set, and to pass properly. If he suddenly starts doing that next year, it'll confirm where the blame should lie (won't it, Desley...)
Those are fundamentals that a player should have the initiative to improve themselves. Don't see that as Des' role especially when there is other coaching staff as well.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm a halves player, if everyone else is getting $750+ why shouldn't I?

Fuck at this rate Tyrone Roberts or Jeff Robson will be over a million a season in a year or two.

Anyone remember the days when NRL players actually had real jobs?

Put simply the amount of money players are paid these days is absolutely absurd.

Probably good discussion for another thread.
I remember Terry Lamb playing for Wests on a $5000 contract. How the times have changed!!!

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Everyone's blaming the club and laying shit on the admin but Reynolds was offered a very good contract @ $500k a season, so if its fingers you want to point then perhaps people should be questioning his loyalty, if he "loves" the Bulldogs so much and bleeds "Blue&White" and wanted to be a "one club player" then why not accept the handsome offer the Bulldogs gave him ? at the end of the day the NRL is a business and that's exactly how the players see it. Reynolds did nothing wrong taking up the much higher and ridiculous offer the Tigers gave him but it's stupid that people are having a go at the club for not offering him more to retain him. We have made enough mistakes paying massive overs for the likes of Mbye and you'd have to question the club if they continued making the same mistakes.
I applaud the decision Josh has made setting him self up with a massive last contract, i hope he can play his best football for the remainder of the season and help us to achieve success.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
No fuback is currently better than Teddy. Not even Slater. But I'd still take Mitchell. Young and skilful. But there must be some issues there as the Roosters keep dumping him.
Nonsense. Hayne when fully fit and focused buys and sells Tedesco. He is quicker, has a better step, has tonnes more footballer in him, can offload, can pass and can defend. His field positioning is almost perfect. It's easy to look sensational when your team is full of reggies, but Hayne has done it in Origin, where it really counts. I would take a fit Billy Slater every day before Tedesco.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
If the team is getting the news the same way the supporters are, no wonder they can't raise a decent effort on the field. I don't like the way we are kept in the dark over negotiations then have unpleasant surprises dumped on us, with no positives as a counterbalance. It looks like the club has no idea, and is floundering from one disaster to another. Meanwhile we fans are being implored to be strong and loyal.
Hang on. If you watched James Graham on NRL 360 last night you would have heard him say that Reynolds rang him on Tuesday to tell him he had signed that day. We knew about it a few hours later. The player and his manager drive the agenda in terms of accepting or rejecting offers and signing contracts. Reynolds signed his on Tuesday and on Wednesday we all knew about it. Hardly being kept in the dark. The contracts for Woods/Foran clearly haven't been finalised yet and so we are not in a position to announce it. Just because it gets leaked to the media who are in no way accountable for what they write doesn't mean the club has to jump up and do the same thing without a contract done.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Everyone's blaming the club and laying shit on the admin but Reynolds was offered a very good contract @ $500k a season, so if its fingers you want to point then perhaps people should be questioning his loyalty, if he "loves" the Bulldogs so much and bleeds "Blue&White" and wanted to be a "one club player" then why not accept the handsome offer the Bulldogs gave him ? at the end of the day the NRL is a business and that's exactly how the players see it. Reynolds did nothing wrong taking up the much higher and ridiculous offer the Tigers gave him but it's stupid that people are having a go at the club for not offering him more to retain him. We have made enough mistakes paying massive overs for the likes of Mbye and you'd have to question the club if they continued making the same mistakes.
I applaud the decision Josh has made setting him self up with a massive last contract, i hope he can play his best football for the remainder of the season and help us to achieve success.
Theres loyalty then theres just plain stupid. He aint stupid. Nearly twice the salary I dont think anyone on here would refuse. Or on the footy field. Especially when its more than likely your last contract.

Reactions: DT

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nonsense. Hayne when fully fit and focused buys and sells Tedesco. He is quicker, has a better step, has tonnes more footballer in him, can offload, can pass and can defend. His field positioning is almost perfect. It's easy to look sensational when your team is full of reggies, but Hayne has done it in Origin, where it really counts. I would take a fit Billy Slater every day before Tedesco.
Slater is a better attacking footballer while Tedesco is a better all rounder, but Slater is never fit. Hayne is better while focused but he's not focused. He switches on for one game then goes missing. A good fullback isn't based on them at their peak, a good fullback is based on their average performance, what they show each week.

Tedesco turns up each week. Slater and Hayne don't.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Slater is a better attacking footballer while Tedesco is a better all rounder, but Slater is never fit. Hayne is better while focused but he's not focused. He switches on for one game then goes missing. A good fullback isn't based on them at their peak, a good fullback is based on their average performance, what they show each week.

I've never seen a half let alone a week where Slater hasn't turned up. He's had one bad run with injuries, not to be confused with crutches Teddy and frankly Teddy was ordinary last week. He made a couple of decent runs but that was it. Slater is everywhere all the time and rarely makes a mistake. He will be an immortal one day. He is recognised as the greatest fullback in the modern era and been attributed with creating the style that Teddy now follows. In Haynes case he's only played 2 or 3 games this year and gets MOM last week after a knee injury. He has had a history of going in and out of games the first time around but he is more mature now and there is no doubt he is the best "footballer" in the comp.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why are people laying shit on the club for this decision? I'm a massive reynolds fan but this was a no brainer, he wanted way too much money and we desperately need someone like foran if we want to win a comp

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We were shit before Reynolds announced he was leaving we'll be shit after he's gone, and as for 2017 we'll miss the 8.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've never seen a half let alone a week where Slater hasn't turned up. He's had one bad run with injuries, not to be confused with crutches Teddy and frankly Teddy was ordinary last week. He made a couple of decent runs but that was it. Slater is everywhere all the time and rarely makes a mistake. He will be an immortal one day. He is recognised as the greatest fullback in the modern era and been attributed with creating the style that Teddy now follows. In Haynes case he's only played 2 or 3 games this year and gets MOM last week after a knee injury. He has had a history of going in and out of games the first time around but he is more mature now and there is no doubt he is the best "footballer" in the comp.
I must also say that i am not a huge wrap on Tedesco and never have been.
People bagging Reynolds for running sideways, Tedesco has him covered for that but i do appreciate he is electric and just like Reynolds can do great things at times.
I for one am not at all disappointed we didnt get Tedesco, thats just my opinion of course.

Last edited:

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

When fully fit an focused...

Hayne
Slater
Inglis
Ted

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Slater is the best all round fb in the game imo.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The tigers fans are overjoyed.
So were the Knights when they signed Hodko, now he's been dropped by Brown. I dont think this will be an Ennis situation, Reynolds wasn't restricted any where near as much as Ennis was, Reynolds was always to erratic to control and usually did what he wanted on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.