News 'I can feel the heat coming': Flanagan expects to be targeted

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think a lot of people are being very harsh on Flanno.
Yeah, he has some things to work on, he said that himself, but I hardly think it was a failure.
First game at a new club as a 22 year old directing the team around with a hooker and a 5/8 that didnt take much pressure off him.

IT was clunky but we looked better already this year; Jacko played well at 13, Corey Allan was great, Cotric looked good.
Waddell was a mixed bag with handling errors but made some good tackles. Atoni played big minutes and looked good, even Ogden looked good and not so lazy like he did last year.

Let's get some games in before we stick the axe in, yeah?
Exactly right. Hypothetically, replace him with Cleary in the Panthers side and I think it is the same result for Penrith on Saturday in their trial against the Eels. Korisau and Luai/Burton take a lot of pressure off him, I don't think we can say the same about Wakeham and Katoa. Comparably, Cleary is a better player but I think their impact on a result is much the same.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Exactly right. Hypothetically, replace him with Cleary in the Panthers side and I think it is the same result for Penrith on Saturday in their trial against the Eels. Korisau and Luai/Burton take a lot of pressure off him, I don't think we can say the same about Wakeham and Katoa. Comparably, Cleary is a better player but I think their impact on a result is much the same.
Cleary's a couple of years ahead in his development compared to Flanagan. Allan and Burton will take pressure off Flanagan, we just need to sort the hooker out (sign someone good, someone like Brandon Smith would be our Koroisau).

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Cleary's a couple of years ahead in his development compared to Flanagan. Allan and Burton will take pressure off Flanagan, we just need to sort the hooker out (sign someone good, someone like Brandon Smith would be our Koroisau).
100%. For some reason I'm not getting a good feeling about getting B Smith but who knows. He looked good for the Storm in Saturday's trial.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I like it that the boys stood up for him, let the opposition know what's in store for them if they continue with that sort of shit.

Go Dogs
True ..the grub gets away with ten other hits left unpunished and when our boys had had enough they are classed as being too aggressive .

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I would prefer to see the Flange to just take the knocks and suck it up. He will go just fine at 7 for us, particularly when he has a proper 6 beside him.

Wakeham really needs to think about 9 or 14.. He won’t be our 5/8.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wonder what trents plan with dietz is,he looked very good

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wonder what trents plan with dietz is,he looked very good
I wonder to.

After Seeing 20 minutes of dietz I’d rather try him than most of the other names being thrown around, Mitch rein for example.

Dietz looked miles better than what we have. Hopefully he gets a run sometime this year to see what he can do with the top squad around him.