Not open for further replies.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We were unlucky in a lot of instances that we can fix with game time and training. So many tries we stuffed up at the line. We need to fix our defense but I still think we make the playoffs.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Too early to call if we make finals..

Some positive signs but clearly a heap to still work on in defence and attack..

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Our defence as a unit was good. It was the one on one situations against faster guys that costed us in the end. A lot of that can be blamed on the fast track we were playing on too. We won't be playing on fields like that again this year so I'm not super worried at this stage.

As a whole I'm still quite happy and optimistic going forward. The thing I like more than anything is we're actually creating chances in attack. Tonight it just didn't bounce our way, but at least we can say there were moments there where with some luck we could've easily had a few more tries.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Our bench was weak as piss and Pay needs to work on his rotations. A few dumb defensive errors and some luck going Storms way gave them some easy tries. We did look to be lacking match fitness and that negatively effected our defensive systems imo, no doubt if we made better use of our trials we would have been better prepared for the season lile the Storm.

A fee positve things i guess. Moses made a good start at fullback and his kick returns were strong. He also got into some good positions and could have made a difference if his execution was better at the time. Foran also looked good, frawley also improved after his fuck ups and it was good to see out 3 main ball players playing across the park.

A few players were disappointing though...won't name them for now.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Attack was good vs the best defense in the NRL the last few years. Our defense, well it needs work. We have work to do with a few players being in different roles this year, and needing to get used to it. You get combinations in defense as much as you do in attack.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lots of positives. Obvious ones already stated.

We are not a top 8 team. But we are going to grow and gain experience in key positions.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
It kinda bad for us that we have such a hard start to the year, where we dont get an easy run for months from now. We need time for the new lineup to gel and also have a new coach. Would have suited us to have an easy start and harder finish to the year. The boys will be learning in the deep end how to gel.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Munster has played nrl fb before.
You know the fitness you need to play fb.
There is no way he is fit enough to be everywhere. Give it time.
Im sensing a troll. Lolll probs be banned soon

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
we are only going to get better, to beat the premiers in the first game of the season would have been a miracle, we still were in a chance till the last try was scored.

Storm were very lucky with their trys and some of our errors.

I enjoyed the game even though we lost by 18 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.