I am impressed with what I’ve seen of our skills coach

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know it’s only been 2 weeks of pre season training and obviously too early to call it, but from early stages it looks as though we’re training for a far more expansive and enjoyable attacking game than previous years. The new attacking coach looks like he’s got the boys doing some great skill drills. I’m really looking forward to our attack next season. Pay may just be doing as he said he wanted to do....Bringing back the entertainers.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pay said he was going to bring back the madness.......But Okay :grinning:

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He seemed to have some good ideas when interviewed same as tony ayoub feel much more confident with him

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He seemed to have some good ideas when interviewed same as tony ayoub feel much more confident with him
Who was our old skills coach, if we had one?

Also does anyone know if any other teams have a skills coach? Seems like an obvious coach to have in hindsight. Weird if we never had one in previous seasons when you realise what they do and how important they would potentially be.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score

Also does anyone know if any other teams have a skills coach? Seems like an obvious coach to have in hindsight. Weird if we never had one in previous seasons when you realise what they do and how important they would potentially be.
It was forbidden to have a skills under des. It was punishable by death.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Not sure but my guess would be the great david penna mmmm enough said lol

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Another positive... keep ticking those boxes.!!!

I LIKE IT.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A skill coach & passing game sounds great.. but the old adage in rugby league still stands that you need to go forward first & earn the right to spread it wide..

Im a little concerned about the go forward part especially if we are minus Klemmers 177m/game...

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
teaching professional footballers how to pass the ball properly, fmd we are struggling

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The way the guys were throwing the ball around to end last season was great and exciting to watch. For the first time since Haslers first year we finally had an attacking mentality.

The key is to keep that mentality at the start of the year when the pressure is on and not at the end of the year when we're out of contention.

I hope whoever is the skills coach can teach Lichaa to pass off the ground though. That would be impressive if he could do that because no one else has taught him yet!

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
teaching professional footballers how to pass the ball properly, fmd we are struggling
I agree it’s great that we are going back to learning skills but totally agree with you... where is the natural footballer coming through

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Seeing that skills session sure beats just watching them running around in circles. Precise clean passing with line speed who would have thought :grinning: Finally it looks like ding dong Des is gone, no more DesBall garbage.

Last edited: