I am impressed with what I’ve seen of our skills coach

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It was forbidden to have a skills under des. It was punishable by death.
Hasler used to emphasise more fitness and gym work pre Christmas break :p

So you are actually right. He didn’t usually introduce ball sessions until the new year.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My guess is we're just playing a bit more touch footy style of play for fitness because, ya know it's November preseason.

Who's this Milo bloke you all are mentioning???

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
This latest video just confirms my train of thought... more expansive "off the cuff" play, with late passing at the line.

In the words of Big Kev... IM EXCITED!!!!

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully we don't forget how to defend.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This latest video just confirms my train of thought... more expansive "off the cuff" play, with late passing at the line.

In the words of Big Kev... IM EXCITED!!!!
Passing at the line. Yes, that’s the key.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Passing at the line. Yes, that’s the key.
yes that's one of the reasons we were so successful in 2012... Kas and Bupa were the masters of it ...

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They said they were going to make it exciting last preseason too. But it was the same old crap until they knew they couldn’t make the eight than they played good. Hopefully they watched shifty set those tries up on weekend with grubber kicks and take note of it

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
yes that's one of the reasons we were so successful in 2012... Kas and Bupa were the masters of it ...
Everytime we were successful on the field in the past, we always played at the line. It's just the dogs style.
Far out even O'meley used to run at the line and put people through holes. I used to see him do that many times in big games.
We had really good variation in our style. At times O'meley would just hit the line hard and get up and play the ball as quick as he could, other times he would pass at the line.
It was encouraged by the coaching staff. Folkesy(RIP) used to encourage that type of play, so did Dymock in 2012 until Desball started. It's the old bulldogs way right through the 80's, 90's and even when we won the comp in 2004 and later in 2012.
I'm sure Pay is of that mould as well. Whoever says old school footy is useless and outdated has rocks in their heads. Rugby league is still the same game. Of course there are changes in the ruck, wrestling, attacking plays, rule changes..but a lot of the fundamentals are still there and need to be tapped into.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For everyone that is making fun of it, u obviously have not been to a melbourne storm training session. The placement and crispness of passing at training and game day is huge to bellamy and smith. Look at melbournes success. How are we suppose to learn and get better if u dont practice it.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Sue, Lewis, Foran ... all have a very late pass at the line.

Could be up for some quality line breaks next season!

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sue, Lewis, Foran ... all have a very late pass at the line.

Could be up for some quality line breaks next season!
theres definitely reasons to be excited for next year.. lets hope all the cards fall into place..