I’d be mad to reject superstar role: Mbye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Watch this

Now consider that Mbye is faster, has better footwork, is better defensively, and a similar size.

I sense 2018 will see the return of some classy long range tries.
My favourite 'best of' video .
Barba had it all..hard working , game changing, heroic plays, best risk assessor in the business.
Moses on the other hand is a bit of a smoke n mirrors type of fraudster.
I've never seen Moses go above n beyond, goes MIA a lot and then makes excuses and does enough just to stay in the game.

Last edited:

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
... And Halfback isnt a 'superstar' role?
I hope he does well but he sounds like a big head lol. Seriously I haven't heard a player talk about playing a position like that. I'm sure he said similar things about being half too.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Watch this

Now consider that Mbye is faster, has better footwork, is better defensively, and a similar size.

id have to say Barba has better footwork.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Watch this

Mbye’s footwork will never be as good as Barba’s was in 2012. He also doesn’t have that pure instinct which led to some of those amazing tries. Mbye is fast though so he should at least finish off the chances created by the forwards, whereas Barba typically created most of our chances

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mbye is the Modern Day Fullback, can only see him suceeding in this position.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
... And Halfback isnt a 'superstar' role?
Well it was but he was getting replaced, now he has a second chance and is expected to be quicker than Slo mo, the positives are there in spades.

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
Enough talk Moses. You've had plenty of time to adjust to first grade. Your being paid like an Origin player. Prove your worth or stop talking smack!

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Need to have great awareness and vision to be a great fullback..hoppa actually had these but lacked the speed. Interesting to see how he goes as he does lack the footy smarts at times, but a great athlete

Malla

Reaction score
Watch this

Barba's footwork is much better than Mbye's.

A

Alexander the Great

i think his speed alone and if he finds space is going to make a hugeeee difference this year.. as long as he has hits the line like Karmichael Hunt used to he should be sweet.

Malla

Reaction score
i think his speed alone and if he finds space is going to make a hugeeee difference this year.. as long as he has hits the line like Karmichael Hunt used to he should be sweet.
Not just that but the fact he was an OK pay maker he can apply those skills from the FB.

His support through the middle will be good to watch tho, hopefuly Pay just has him roaming around ball carriers in attack for the most part something that Hoppa just wasn't doing.

A

Alexander the Great

Not just that but the fact he was an OK pay maker he can apply those skills from the FB.

His support through the middle will be good to watch tho, hopefuly Pay just has him roaming around ball carriers in attack for the most part something that Hoppa just wasn't doing.
On the podcast i listened to the other day he talks about lurking around woods and klem and wasnting to be around them for offloads... We have not seen this since the days of Barber and it will be good to see it come back.

Totally agree with you that he has the skills and speed to be our x factor in 2018.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Maybe I'm having a seniors moment but haven't you been banging on about how he is not a FB and can only succeed at Centre? Have you turned to the light??
I have always said he is not a half and never will be. I have always said he has speed, can defend and has good positional play.
The team at present is sadly lacking any real speed in the centres. I will always say that he offers more as a centre than as a fullback.
Hoppa was coming good at the end of last season and I would allow him to develop further at fullback, especially now we have a real coach.
However, it appears as though the decision has been made for him to play FB and I will give it full support. If he fails, they can be swapped quite easily.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Need to have great awareness and vision to be a great fullback..hoppa actually had these but lacked the speed. Interesting to see how he goes as he does lack the footy smarts at times, but a great athlete
If Hoppa was that bit faster i would keep him at fullback. He would kill it. Its just he gets run down by forwards lolll

I hope Mbye can adjust defensively.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Enough talk Moses. You've had plenty of time to adjust to first grade. Your being paid like an Origin player. Prove your worth or stop talking smack!
Hmmm the season starts in March. Pretty hard for any bulldogs player to prove their worth (post des) until the season starts lol

silva

Utility
Reaction score
If Hoppa was that bit faster i would keep him at fullback. He would kill it. Its just he gets run down by forwards lolll

I hope Mbye can adjust defensively.
With speed hed be a weapon at fullback he always gave 100% and had great positional play. Interesting to see how he goes in the centres..I reckon hel adjust quickly but with him and jmoz we are lacking some attacking spark in the three quarters..

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think this will need to be treated as a new chapter. Our outside backs have not seen any decent early ball in years, and this was becasue of the boring 1 out play for stats under Des.
With Mbye Roaming around the likes of Woods and RFM who both have a decent offload, who knows what could happen. Lichaa out of the reins he's obviously been in and able to play whats in front of him, add Foran to this lost. Its only looking good in my opinion.
Hoppa is and always will be a better Centre than FB, Montoya is only getting better.
We have a great team on paper, we just need them to play at the peak for more than 20-30 mins a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.