Opinion Hypothetically... if our coach changed tomorrow?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i think the team would play better simply because they have belief that they are being coached well, its the placebo thing like when the looney tunes in space jam thought they were drinking the michael jordan special water and played better

then you have the normal thing that happens when a coach is replaced, the players are then put under pressure because they got the coach sacked and they also want to avoid the blame so they play better wanting everyone to think the problem was the previous coach all along

the best case of that at the bulldogs is in 2011 when the bulldogs sacked moore and the players improved under dymock winning 5 from 8

it also happened under georgalis last year but in that case the improvement was the team losing by 6-10points instead of 20-30

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
Bellamy won’t do shit, not even Coach Pop can fucking teach some **** with no arms to play in the NBA.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeh but in saying that we didn't really play well vs the Broncs. One of our worst performances in as long as I can remember
I agree.

On their day, the Broncos are a very good side. They clicked against us in that final 20 minutes, the same as every other side when we are exhausted. If we could sharpen our attack, we wouldn't be so tired.

Our real problem is that players are being too conservative. They are focused on not making mistakes, and holding onto the ball. They need do start looking for opportunities and chancing their arm earlier than the fifth tackle.

So what if we turn the ball over trying something? The opposition think they know how to defend against us; and sometimes it will pay off because we do something not in their game plan.

Let's face it, we couldn't do any worse; and we might just turn a game on that one play.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give us all the top 4 coaches and it wouldn't make a difference.

I'm sick of this shit with all the babies crying to sack the coach etc etc. What a bunch of pussies.

I wouldn't want any one of them in the trenches with me.

Faaaark offff!!!!!

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
they have won 2 games from their last 22 and those wins were against us
Go through the respective team rosters and it's obvious that if they get the rub of the green, they can carve us up. It was only in the last 20 that they put on those points. Had we scored early in the second half, it could have been a very different game; but it seems fate will always favour the Broncos at home.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Go through the respective team rosters and it's obvious that if they get the rub of the green, they can carve us up. It was only in the last 20 that they put on those points. Had we scored early in the second half, it could have been a very different game; but it seems fate will always favour the Broncos at home.
they have milford in their team and we scored 0 points against them and never looked like scoring any points, this should be against the law

Untamed

Previously wilddog
Reaction score
Great coaches wouldn't risk their careers with this lot lol.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Bellamy I believe would be the only coach that could possibly get us close to the 8 because he is so meticulous. He would play the players in their best positions, turn Topine and Doorey into stars, simplify Flanagans game and put some power into Meaneys legs. Not to mention he doesn't accept mediocrity.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem is what quality players can we recruit? We need to fix our spine....we still need a gun fullback, hooker and halfback....we can’t seem to be able to recruit the right players....Corey Allen is not the fullback we want and I really can’t see Flanagan being our long term halfback.....there is not enough quality players in the spine....and yet those muppets from the nrl want to bring another team in the comp....
What it boils down to is that there are not enough quality players in key positions in the NRL to sign. All the quality is or will be tied up to long term contracts.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
What it boils down to is that there are not enough quality players in key positions in the NRL to sign. All the quality is or will be tied up to long term contracts.
Yeah and teams like the Storm and Roosters continuously keep/sign these top line players whilst letting go of their garbage or the player retires. Fukk it pisses me off lol

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Give him a few years to recruit some talent, and develop our juniors - sure; he could do it. So can Barrett.
We need a partnership with a Qld feeder club as well.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I said in an earlier thread that when we played the broncos last week only 2 of our players would make their 17. Cotric and Elliott.

So we were playing a bottom 4 team and only 2 of our players would make their team. Yesterday against South’s not ONE of our players would make their team. You just don’t complete with the squad we have.

It’s not Trent’s fault. Years of neglecting junior development and poor recruitment in the past 5 years is to blame.

He is here for at least 3 years and I have faith in him. Also what people need to remember is that we ain’t signing a high profile coach with the squad we have. They would laugh at us

Mattreneeandgus

Kennel Established
Reaction score
they have milford in their team and we scored 0 points against them and never looked like scoring any points, this should be against the law
Bit harsh mate, if Elliot draws and passes correctly we score under the posts, Jmk held up under the posts when nearly every one else playing the game would have scored, so to say we never look like scoring is a bit over the top, we lead that 12-0, we know the Broncs throw in the towel when they get behind, could have been a totally different, ahhh if only

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It'd be fun to see what Bellamy would do but Barrett's going to be here at least until half way through next year at the worst. I've always blamed the players for our performances. I don't think we're good enough 1-17.
Our players don’t stand deep enough in attack and don’t run on to the ball when we’re trying to score. First try in the trial against the sharks was a beautiful back line spread with players running in motion. I have not seen that since. I’m sure they do it at training and I’m sure Baz is in the coaching box shaking his head in the first 4 rounds. They need to shut out everything, the crowd, the opposition, the media from their minds and just play and have fun.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
What Bellamy has created at the Storm is not as simple as his coaching. It is a winning culture.

He knows how to recruit properly, everytime they lose a super star they are replaced with another. They had the best spine in the comp like a decade ago with Smith/Cronk/Slater now they have Harry Grant/Brandon Smith/Munster/Papenhuyzen. That doesn't happen through luck, he knows who to target and has a longterm plan.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Bit harsh mate, if Elliot draws and passes correctly we score under the posts, Jmk held up under the posts when nearly every one else playing the game would have scored, so to say we never look like scoring is a bit over the top, we lead that 12-0, we know the Broncs throw in the towel when they get behind, could have been a totally different, ahhh if only
ok i forgot that the elliott play was against brisbane, i thought it was against penrith

so we looked like scoring some points against brisbane, congratulations

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I said in an earlier thread that when we played the broncos last week only 2 of our players would make their 17. Cotric and Elliott.

So we were playing a bottom 4 team and only 2 of our players would make their team. Yesterday against South’s not ONE of our players would make their team. You just don’t complete with the squad we have.

It’s not Trent’s fault. Years of neglecting junior development and poor recruitment in the past 5 years is to blame.

He is here for at least 3 years and I have faith in him. Also what people need to remember is that we ain’t signing a high profile coach with the squad we have. They would laugh at us
Barrett mentioned in the presser that our SG ball team is doing well. He understands how important juniors is.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We still won’t be a top side but we will be better. I just wonder what Barrett tells the guys at half time. How hard is it to coach them to throw as many offloads as possible , spread the ball. Have some line speed??