Hutchinson is a momentum killer

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
wishing our players break their legs? Yeah, completely normal fan behaviour that, absolute disgrace
I need to be realistic, can't wish for to be a competent half.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One thing I will fault him on is that he wasn’t there for support when Burton had that break 0 support every fuckin time
No players were in support .

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
According to zero tackle Jonah Pezet, Brad Schneider and Sam Walker are all off contract at the end of 2025
All young but whether they actually become available is a different story

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is truly sad ciraldo believes Hutchinson is a first choice half, and even sadder we have not had a quality half since Brett Kimmorley retired in 2010 and he was on the decline when we bought him.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus should have a chat to Luke Metcalf on the low, see if he's getting home sick.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
He’s the Tolman of halves
The T-Rex of halves, with the same speed off the mark. Terry Lamb could get away with lack of speed because he was smart and could read the game.

Taaffe has shown his ability to see what's in front of him and set up a try. He also has speed to burn. What he lacks is size for defence, but is an attacking strike weapon.

Mahony is also a problem. He refuses to get the ball out to running forwards. His tyle of running sideways with the ball lets the defence get up in our face, and forces our forwards to stand still waiting for him to pass. We get rolled back easily, and have no impact in attack.

The Dogs play better when the ball gets to do the job - look at how we played in the last six minutes when we let the ball sing.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I cannot think of any reason to defend him.
Rushing from the line gave the first try imo. Thought he shouldve passed to curran after we made break. Some of the decisions he made to run but no pace to justify them.

Not sure what value he could add. If some say he has experience, calmness to settle the team etc, some options he took imo just werent helping the team
I can only think that he is there for his defence, but I'd give Taaffe a chance to see how he'd go.

Taaffe set up a great try by being able to read that the defence had come up quickly, and there was an opportunity for a kick behind them.
How many of our "playmakers" have that ability?

Taaffe can also pass to a player, not throw the ball behind them, and he has speed to burn.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Take out Hutchison Taffe Salmon and Knight and we have a team capable of making semis.