How to fix our Attack?

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I never thought I’d every see that day where the dogs struggle to score more than 2 tries a game. And it’s been happening for years. Last couple of years under Des, Under Pay and under Barrett. What the hell is going on?

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get rid of the coach, he can’t work out that that’s an issue. If he has, why haven’t we seen anything different on the field???

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Today we looked like the Dogs of old with better players and improved defence and there are no excuses as to why our attack lacks organisation especially with better players.

Baz seems to be chasing something he doesn't have and doesn't innovate due to stubbornness or lacking the ability to do it.

I don't have a solution other than bringing in new people because we are a new team with proven players but I'm not seeing any consistency and improvement.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The other issue is we have no strike back rowers who run hard lines, Burton hasn't been able to use any one for short passes, can't run decoys either to make space for JAC either.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The other issue is we have no strike back rowers who run hard lines, Burton hasn't been able to use any one for short passes, can't run decoys either to make space for JAC either.
Not like Burton is doing anything other than kicking a ball or stepping of his left foot anyway.. :tearsofjoy:

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not like Burton is doing anything other than kicking a ball or stepping of his left foot anyway.. :tearsofjoy:
The whole lot looks clunky Jackson as a ball playing lock does not work. Slow service from JMK, Dufty & halves not getting involved and going direct off quick rucks

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When Cook finally gets his chance at 9 the solution will be pretty obvious.

And when Mahoney arrives next year we will be even better.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The whole lot looks clunky Jackson as a ball playing lock does not work. Slow service from JMK, Dufty & halves not getting involved and going direct off quick rucks
Persists with a certain style that just isn't going to work with what we have, needs to start coaching what he has and not what he wants. I said this a couple weeks ago but i went through Manlys forum during his time there and it's literally the same shit there that's happening here now. He's out of his depth and he hasn't learnt anything new. The fact that we at least had a few positives over the first two rounds and he blew it all up only further proves it. It's nothing but down hill from here and that's his career done, he wont be coaching us next season.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
it is concerning the form of Burton, take away his kicking game and he hasnt offered alot.
This is why it's ridiculous that people wanted to throw 800k+ at him LOL

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Persists with a certain style that just isn't going to work with what we have, needs to start coaching what he has and not what he wants. I said this a couple weeks ago but i went through Manlys forum during his time there and it's literally the same shit there that's happening here now. He's out of his depth and he hasn't learnt anything new. The fact that we at least had a few positives over the first two rounds and he blew it all up only further proves it. It's nothing but down hill from here and that's his career done, he wont be coaching us next season.
Most coaches would never put their career on the line by selecting knock-on-more. Selecting one of the biggest liabilities has forced him into this reshuffle.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
This is why it's ridiculous that people wanted to throw 800k+ at him LOL
he is clearly a talent but he isnt going looking for the ball or taking the game by the scruff either, thats the disappointing thing for me. Changing his halves partner after 2 weeks would not have helped either.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It starts at dummy half,thats who handles the ball most often and although JMK has played about as good as I've seen him play in the opening 3 rounds, He isn't the answer at 9. Id like to see Cook have a run there. He is quicker, a better ball distributor and he can kick from dummy half. Having a dummy half that could kick would have been invaluable in tonights conditions.

Reactions: 88

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Very concerning. The attack is as bad as before TBAZ took over, or still non existent. Yes defence has improved and can win you games. But no good without attack and scoring points either… the fox is the main concern. He needs clean ground to run, he is a known try scorer, we cant give him quality ball like Melbourne did… it’s all lethargic, no clue and he will very quickly be a know one. The boys aren’t gelling. It’s not working at all.

something is very wrong at the bulldogs. Even with the Gus appointment… not looking good. Worrying to say the least. So WTF is going on.. !!

Curash

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
it is concerning the form of Burton, take away his kicking game and he hasnt offered alot.
3rd game at 5/8 at his new club, and his form is concerning

Averillo 2nd year at HB, has been dog shit but according to Stevie Wonder, Averillo has been great

You fucken uneducated tulip

Cheng

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
3rd game at 5/8 at his new club, and his form is concerning

Averillo 2nd year at HB, has been dog shit but according to Stevie Wonder, Averillo has been great

You fucken uneducated tulip
Stevie loves taking the piss

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sign dufty for 5 years guy was in everything played till the 80th minute.
Tell Josh Jackson he ain’t our 7 and to stop stifling our attack

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sign dufty for 5 years guy was in everything played till the 80th minute.
Tell Josh Jackson he ain’t our 7 and to stop stifling our attack
And tell Jacko that he won't be required for 80 minutes every week