How to beat St George

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Soward out... soward out... soward out... soward out... PLEASE!
Well with a groin injury and a suspected broken thumb... I'm pretty suuuuuure hes out.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Well with a groin injury and a suspected broken thumb... I'm pretty suuuuuure hes out.
yeh he was pretty farked up last night, looked like a hand grenade victim

looking good :grinning:

dogsday

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score
Over a number of years that i have watched the d/queens play & lose, they seem to get dominated by forwards that have mongrel,
the dogs have one of the best rosters in the league but the mongrel no longer exists. We saw what happened when Corey Paine did
princess hayne & what transpired there after, a bit of mongrel happened & the dogs played a whole lot better footy. I don't say throw
punches but what i do say is get MONGREL. Canberra have beaten the d/queens a number of times with toughness (forwards ) & lowly
Cronulla have done the same thing earlier this year.

P

Paint.

If I was Moore, Id say to Payne "look, mate, if we're down after 20 minutes, and not just on the scoreboard but our forwards are getting dominated, I want you to smash the fck out of one of their key players!"
Problem solved, we win

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
all i hope is that we dont go in the game expecting a win now that boyd and soward are most likely both out. they are both key positions and drive most of the dragons attack so i hope we dont think this will be an easy win. they will have a few guys backing up as well compared to us. have a feeling payne will be filthy about being overlooked for reps too. expect a big one from him.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
I liked the aggression against Parramatta, that fiesty f#ck off attitude was unstoppable, we can rule the comp but we need to maintain the intensity, Bob Cat used to try charge downs, maybe he rush Soward to reduce his thinking time.

BullDoggy10

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ball control a good long kicking game, and a bit of enterprise in attack.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
complete our sets and make minimal errors....cant afford to give a team like the dragons good field position

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
even if we hold the ball their defense is too good at the moment. going to be a tough task

C

chipandchase

there is only one way, and that is bash them out of the game.
the only way to win is win the defensive part of the game and the field position. St George's game is all based on no errors and field position.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We can't have Idris at right centre for this game. Cooper will destroy him again.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
if anyone watched how st. george beat the cows today minus boyd and soward... i dont think this will be an easy game for us to win...

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
A good example of how to beat them IMO is how we beat Melbourne last year in Adelaide.

Scrambling defence and desperation from the first minute to the last.

There is no guarantee that if we play our best footy that we will beat St Merge, but it's our only way to beat them.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
if anyone watched how st. george beat the cows today minus boyd and soward... i dont think this will be an easy game for us to win...
St George looked relaxed once they were in front, the Cowboys lacked a bit of accuracy with their passes, lacked intensity and didn't put up many high kicks which should produce a 50/50 result.

(((((SMACK)))))

Jados Boutros
Reaction score
High completion rate, tough defence, start a fight and take your chances!

Status
Not open for further replies.