How the Parra saga affects Dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The whole thing is a farce if you ask me... They secured Foran and Jennings in the off season while they are over the cap.. They played 9 games and accumulated point and FA while over the cap.
And now they are gonna get rid of some broken donkey (who wouldn't play a single game this year anyways) so they can continue playing for points.
when and if they retire AW his repayment compensation wouldn't come under the cap and it will free close to $750K this year and next year, thus putting them under and allowing them to keep Norman.

They only need to win 12 out of 15, if you have a look at their draw it's very doable.

The decision came in a time giving them over 10 days to get rid of players. That in itself is piss poor.

Tell me, why other clubs shouldn't cheat?

using the same example, we could have signed JT on a $1M and Cooper Cronk on another $1m and when we get caught we just get rid of Trex, JR and couple of other useless players... Same formula applies..

Pathetic!
Spot on plus the punishment is a farce too.

Trust me , parra will field their A grade team plus be allowed to earn points from next game.
They will also make the finals.

If they don't the NRL will be forced to dig parra out of the hole they're digging for them.

In any case, to quote Raelene, the line has been drawn .. Sign away bulldogs

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It sucks that Greenturd is so soft. He doesn't want to replicate the heart ache that Storm fans went through and wants Eels fans to still have hope (what a load of shit).

Spoon is right though, we should have won last week. The team they fielded wasn't over the cap.

Let's just hope there is some justice and they lose a key player like Norman. Losing just Watmough will absolutely send me mental.
The team the fielded wasnt over the cap, no. But some of the players in the team were purchased and retained while being over the cap so they were still cheating no matter if we should have won or not.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Agree with this, but if Parra didn't fraudulently signed Foran ($300k more than what we offered) than we could have him playing in the 6 instead of JR..
Yes parra should never have been able to sign Foran along with Jennings after they had breached the cap multiple times before this season and got off easy...but im sure Parra aren't the only clubs doing this.

Could you confidently say Foran would be at the dogs if Parra didn't offer overs? Doubt he would be happy to play within our structure..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Even though you, we, dont like the style i bet you if it comes down to us or parra making the eight and they get in on for and against it will bother you lol.
If we don't make the 8 and parra do after being docked points then we are bloody useless lol.

Malla

Reaction score
I don't think Parra should be put in a position to be able to shed players to go under the cap. The NRL should be able to intervene and force those players out that put them over the cap - Foran, for example, was brought over on a 1.2 mil per year deal. Or Jennings who was brought over earlier this year for some $800k per year. The NRL should be able to veto those contracts.

Now Parra might have an opportunity to retire Watmough early and release Paulo and be under the cap.

In saying that, the issues at Parra are with the board. They will ultimately be the reason why they won't make the finals this year.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think Parra should be put in a position to be able to shed players to go under the cap. The NRL should be able to intervene and force those players out that put them over the cap - Foran, for example, was brought over on a 1.2 mil per year deal. Or Jennings who was brought over earlier this year for some $800k per year. The NRL should be able to veto those contracts.

Now Parra might have an opportunity to retire Watmough early and release Paulo and be under the cap.

In saying that, the issues at Parra are with the board. They will ultimately be the reason why they won't make the finals this year.
How do you decide which players pushed them over the cap? Whoever they signed last?

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

That's exactly my point... These 2 contracts of Foran and Jennings are fraudulent by nature and should be deemed as such. They should be revoked immediately. It's basic contract law.

Malla

Reaction score
That's exactly my point... These 2 contracts of Foran and Jennings are fraudulent by nature and should be deemed as such. They should be revoked immediately. It's basic contract law.
100% agreed.

Hence why they were trying to retire Watmough early - and thats when I knew something wasn't right there.

Greenberg came down soft on them.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes parra should never have been able to sign Foran along with Jennings after they had breached the cap multiple times before this season and got off easy...but im sure Parra aren't the only clubs doing this.

Could you confidently say Foran would be at the dogs if Parra didn't offer overs? Doubt he would be happy to play within our structure..
If Des convinced Foran to come over earlier we'd want Foran to be sacked by now.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Parra have to get themselves under the cap before they can accumulate points for a win. From what I've heard, releasing Watmough will not free up enough, and they can't just dump players either. It may not be so easy; which is why the NRL have Ian Schubert helping the Eels find ways to get under the cap by the next round.

It may well be that the effect of such drastic action will be carried over to their on-field performance. If the Eels lose a couple of games in the next few rounds, they will be all but gone. How the team responds then is anyone's guess. We are not likely to meet them again this year.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
you only have to understand that Parramatta have been cheating the cap for 6 straight seasons ... they were bigger offenders then both the Melbourne Storm and the Canterbury Bulldogs who were both hit harder then the soft stance the NRL has taken against the cheating Eels team. Mind you for a team that has been cheating the salary cap for 6 straight seasons they never managed to make the play offs and instead won 3 wooden spoons LOL #WTFmoment

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Without stating the obvious which is the Eels were somehow allowed to kick off season 2016 circa 600k over the cap.

Closer to the kennel this illegal squad beat us twice in 5 weeks.

illegally.

Not only half our current losses are due to the Eels but like OtaraDog stated it affects our F&A as well seeing they avg 20 ppg v us

The fallout over the last loss is huge with fans turning in memberships probably decrease in dogs merchandise, less fans at next home game, player unrest, coach in strife, bewildered former greats etc

Raelene should be asking NRL to explain as due to their professional negligence prior to the season with incorrect auditing the club has or will lose money (fans)

rant over
Fair point but we shouldn't be lookin at excuses. We need to be better.

Yep rant over for me too.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Listening to Ray Hadley this morning saying should the likes of Radradra or Norman be available, the only teams that could manage to aquire their services and stay under the cap would be the Titans Nights and drum roll please. ..........ROOSTERS.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sorry to clarify this post was not intended to paper over our poor form on the paddock

From a business point of view the NRL has failed the clubs that have played Eels from a professional indemnity aspect

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If we don't make the 8 and parra do after being docked points then we are bloody useless lol.
100% lol, but if we do miss out on for and against to them it will be a bitter pill to swallow. If the NRL had any brains they would reset Parras for and against and change ours so if it did happen they wouldnt have fans rioting hahaha. Either way the NRL are thick as two short planks.

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I like the guy but where is Drop Bear? He was a very vocal voice in the lead up.
I haven't gone anywhere N4TE, I've had some pretty nasty health issues and just needed to get off here for a bit. Now, what do you want from me??

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I haven't gone anywhere N4TE, I've had some pretty nasty health issues and just needed to get off here for a bit. Now, what do you want from me??
Mate just press log off and put your health first.

Status
Not open for further replies.