How Roosters "managed to afford" Cronk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
@Wolfmother -- we simply don't share the same opinion on something, that is the spice of life.
Certainly no grudge held my side 8-)
More importantly, we share a passion for our Bulldogs team and culture, which is our main reason for connecting and returning to the Kennel.

Peace \m/
~c.
Just wish I didn't have that wog gene for grudges lol.. Im impressed thanks, youre awesome

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Just wish I didn't have that wog gene for grudges lol.. Im impressed thanks, youre awesome
Lol
Do you hold a grudge?

Lol

Always remember that frozen song

Let it go
Let it go
Annnd however it goes from there

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol
Do you hold a grudge?

Lol

Always remember that frozen song

Let it go
Let it go
Annnd however it goes from there
Haha I hear that song from a workmate when I start bitching about my boss

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Glad you're not holding a grudge against me @Lov_Dog .
@Wolfmother -- we simply don't share the same opinion on something, that is the spice of life.
Certainly no grudge held my side 8-)
More importantly, we share a passion for our Bulldogs team and culture, which is our main reason for connecting and returning to the Kennel.

Peace \m/
~c.
You two should kiss now.
And post photos.... so we know you’ve made up.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The NRL are not just incompetent but completely dodgy. It's like the MP rorts of a few years back where they're not evening hiding it anymore and just letting the Roosters do it brazenly.

The two best descriptions of the NRL are 'poor across all aspects of money' and 'discrimination by discretion'.

Can see the next lot of rorts and favours to help Melb, Roosters, South's & Brisbane. In the announcement from NRL yesterday about the new agreement they mentioned a money pool for a player from each club to earn additional marketing $ to promote the game. Sure enough they have not been specific about how much is given to each player from each club (ie uneven allocations) and simply said the funds will be allocated to players depending on how much promotional work a player does for the NRL.

These guys are now not even trying to hide anything anymore.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nick Politis has spoken on how they managed to "afford" Cronk, who is rumoured to be on $1.7 million over 2 years (LOL BULLSHIT!!!!!)

https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/nr...ree-sealed-cooper-cronks-move-to-the-roosters

Sydney Roosters supremo Nick Politis has revealed Cooper Cronk's arrival at Bondi wasn't all about money.

The Roosters chairman told The Courier-Mail, a Harvard University degree sealed Cronk's fate to the Bondi club.

“We ticked the boxes in a few areas. It wasn’t all about money,” Politis told The Courier-Mail.

“Cooper is looking to go to Harvard and do an MBA in business administration.

“We’ve got salary-cap approval from the NRL to help him with his education.

“Cooper wanted to go to a club with a good coach and a good system that could help him after football as well.

“I hope he wins us a premiership while he’s here, that’s the plan.”

Politis also revealed, he would love for Cronk to stay beyond his two-year deal in a coaching capacity.

“After two years, we’re hoping Cooper will stay on and if he wants he can coach here.

"He could work with ‘Robbo’ (coach Trent Robinson) helping the halves and being a part of the club for a long time.”

According to The Courier-Mail, Cronk has signed a $1.7 million two-year deal with the Roosters.

Cheating scum.... how is that even allowed? Not to mention how have the NRL allowed this to occur, and how have they valued Cronk at less than $1 million a seaso compared to DCE/Hunt/Thurston/etc.

NRL have allowed Roosters to systematically cheat the system it seems, with their blessing.
I totally agree. What an absolute crop of shit!! I dont blame the roosters now, i blame th fucking useless governance of the NRL. How the fuck is a harvard education not included in the salary cap?? And how is a harvard education going to keep him close to tara????
You are a fucking disgrace NRL!!!!

Tazer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
According to the Tele this morning they still have 1 million to spend and are now seriously targeting Angus Chrichton!! Will this ever farking end........!!! I am without speech!

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
According to the Tele this morning they still have 1 million to spend and are now seriously targeting Angus Chrichton!! Will this ever farking end........!!! I am without speech!
Uncle Nick just had the decimal point moved 1 digit to the left.

But agree, it is a joke. There is no way the Rooster or the Storm this seadon were under the cap.
Regardless of how many TPAs they have.
Brisbane also.

Last edited:

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What a load of bullshit.
Any club would’ve offered him the opportunity to study for a degree.
He’s at the roosters because of the money and the future opportunities, they can afford his missus.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I saw this today aswell. Didn't read the article. But when the media started stating Angus is up for negotiation start of November I just had a feeling roosters would be up there.

Roosters are the only team that can bolster a line up with rep players without questions being asked. And can pick up ferguson on peanuts because he was coming back to league, the. Reportedly take a pay cut to stay there :p

Fair enough they might fudge the figures to the nrl. But is the nrl so dumb to think they have the nsw captain, fullback, halfback, Queensland frontrower, prop (probably forgot a few more) they have jwh, looking at getting Angus. Have Mitchell, furguson, keary (doubt any on minimum wage even though the media implied it). And then you look at teams like raiders who have maybe 1 rep player or teams like Newcastle with none and you think how can 1 team be stacked with stars and another have none....

That's what the nrl should investigate. Not take things at face value like oh here is the contract. Investigate why players are taking pay cuts to be there.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
That's cool, let's now sign Pearce or someone for $1 and then train him as a vet (he likes dogs) after footy. That's how it works if your the roosters isn't it? Good job NRL for being corrupt near sighted F-wits!

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cheating on numerous levels. How the fuck can it be exempt??? its a monetary incentive for him to go there. Also throw in the fact that i don't think he's done any recent study (i may be wrong) which is a prerequisite for applying so he's obviously getting a big hand in getting accepted from politis. Add in the fact that a recognized mba from harvard will boost his after football income as well.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Its never about the money for players going to the roosters, haha.

And let's see if Cronk ever ends up with this "degree". By the time people realise he hasn't done it the rorters will be on to their next rort.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hayne AND Crichton? Reporters just writing any bullshit that gets in their head.

Hayne will go to Eels (or stay at Titans), Chricton will stay at Souffs. IMO of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.