How much should we offer Moses ?

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The guy may not want to play for us, so the question that would need to answered first

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I reckon they'll let moses go and have Arthur and Brown as there halves if Brad Arthur stays on as head coach

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Moses is not a million dollar player. Against the cowboys when they were chasing the win he started shanking his long kicks.

At 700k he isn’t too bad. But with inflated playmaker market at the moment he’d go for a mill minimum. He would also need an experienced controlling half next to him.

It’s literally slim pickings for the 7. Cleary, daylight, Dce, Hughes, walker, Hynes, hunt.

Luckily the way the game is going the fullback is the play maker or the game changer. And there are plenty of them around.
If Burton is going to get 650 or 700, Moses is easily worth 900k-1M.

You can interpret that either way.....

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Everyone is suggesting dollar amounts for certain players. However, no one seems to factor in the salary cap.
I think the salary cap is almost full. Little to be gained by all the recruitment suggestions.
I know there will be a general clean out, but the figures need to be juggled very carefully.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Push up Moses price and then make an offer to Dylan Brown.

Make Parra pay overs for Moses and then struggle to afford Brown.
More like offer Moses 1M, get trumped by a Parra or Dolphins offer of 1.1M and then gift 600k to Flanagan for another 3 years....

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Everyone is suggesting dollar amounts for certain players. However, no one seems to factor in the salary cap.
I think the salary cap is almost full. Little to be gained by all the recruitment suggestions.
I know there will be a general clean out, but the figures need to be juggled very carefully.
We have a lot of salary cap to spend for 2024. We have at least enough for 1 marquee, probably 2.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have a lot of salary cap to spend for 2024. We have at least enough for 1 marquee, probably 2.
Agree on the 1, but I think we are paying big money to Kikau, Mahoney, Burton, JAC and TPJ. We still need to fill 30 places so once you start paying your fringe first graders 200-300, that doesn't leave much cash for marquee money (1M)...

Last edited:

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Moses is 700k max, he is another Ben Hunt a big game bottle job at this stage.

Eels have been in the finals consistently now but I cannot think of a game where he has dominated. You aren't worth 1 million unless you are Cronk or Thurston who dictate games, who command respect and are leaders.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You said that he went missing which isn't true. No halfback in 2022 can do anything when their pack is dominated.

Kikau had 0 linebreaks, 0 linebreak assists & 0 try assists. Moses wasn't even in the top 5 missed tackles count.

View attachment 59790
The stats don't tell the story in this instance. Kikau never got the ball because Moses came in every time Kikau ran a decoy which lead to too much space, line breaks and tries on the outside.

Watching the game everyone could see Moses being targeted in defence and struggling to read numbers or cope with Kikau's presence, which had Parra all over the shop defensively.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The stats don't tell the story in this instance. Kikau never got the ball because Moses came in every time Kikau ran a decoy which lead to too much space, line breaks and tries on the outside.

Watching the game everyone could see Moses being targeted in defence and struggling to read numbers or cope with Kikau's presence, which had Parra all over the shop defensively.
I watched the game. The whole Eels team was terrible in defense. To blame Moses for that is not right. I knew the game was over after 5 minutes because the Panthers forwards just smashed the Eels forwards.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hes a flat track bully ,burton on $750k soon schooled him

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is why you don't rush out and give everyone 700G.
Sooner or later if you sit on your money wallah!
Some star becomes available.
Munster, Hunt, Moses all thinking about new challenges.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
NRL Market Watch: Latest free agency and player movement news and whispers
Parramatta’s grand-final side is in danger of being gutted at the end of next season, but where star halves Mitchell Moses and Dylan Brown end up playing in 2024 is anyone’s guess.

Peter Badel and Brent Read

The Dolphins are targeting Parramatta’s grand-final halves Mitchell Moses and Dylan Brown as pressure builds on super coach Wayne Bennett to land a marquee signing for the NRL’s 17th team.

News Corp can reveal Dolphins bosses have earmarked Moses or Brown as Plan B marquee recruits for 2024 in the wake of Cameron Munster’s decision to stay loyal to the Storm.

But the Dolphins are facing a battle for Moses, with the Bulldogs — armed with a $7 million recruitment war chest — launching a multimillion-dollar poaching bid for the Parramatta playmaker.

Moses is contracted to the Eels until the end of next season but has indicated he will join around 200 players to head to free agency from November 1 – opening the door for a raft of suitors, including the Dolphins and Bulldogs, to strike.

The Dolphins have $1.4 million to spend on a marquee player after Munster rejected their NRL record offer and Bennett is prepared to redirect those funds to lure Moses or Brown to Redcliffe.

Moses is on $900,000 at Parramatta, while his scrumbase partner Brown is on $850,000, and the Eels will come under enormous pressure to upgrade and extend their star halves under the salary cap.

The Bulldogs have just eight contracted players on their books at this stage for the 2024 season, giving them several millions of dollars in salary-cap space to blow the Eels out of the water for Moses, having already poached Parramatta hooker Reed Mahoney.

Of the 25 playmakers off-contract for 2024, Moses and Brown are two of the most attractive options and Dolphins boss Terry Reader confirmed the NRL’s expansion newcomers have drawn up a hit list of priority signings.

“I’ve had discussions with Wayne and Peter (O’Sullivan, recruitment boss) about what our targets look like for 2024 and Cameron wasn’t the only one,” Reader said.
“We have a number of guys we have been on the lookout for and we have the salary cap room to table competitive offers.”

Asked if Moses and Brown are on the Dolphins’ radar, Reader said: “We are certainly in the market and nothing changes in that regard. We will continue what we are doing and making sure we sign players that we believe will be a good fit for our team.

“Now that we have clarity on Cameron Munster, we will continue negotiations with other players and their managers.

“We’re comfortable with our progress and we’ll fill our roster with more spots before kick off in 2023.”

Having missed out on Munster, Dolphins hierarchy have discussed the relative merits of Moses and Brown.

Just turned 28, Moses has played 198 NRL games and is in the prime of his career at halfback, while Brown, 22, is six years younger than his Eels teammate and could be an NRL second receiver for the next decade.

Moses insists he is content at the Eels but he is sure to be tested by lucrative offers from the Dolphins and Bulldogs, who have maligned halfback Kyle Flanagan off-contract next year.

“I would love something to get sorted but I have left it up to my management,” Moses said.

“I love this place. They have been so good to me and to experience something like the grand final, it makes you want to come back.

“I am not really worried at all (about his contract). In the past I have handled it probably the wrong way. I have learnt from those mistakes, I am pretty cruisy.

“I have full trust that something will get sorted. It’s only a matter of time.”

Brown will test his value on the open market after the World Cup and his manager Chris Orr said it would take a $1 million-plus offer from the Dolphins to prise the Kiwi Test playmaker out of the Eels.

“There’s no doubt he is happy at Parra,” said Orr of PSM.

“He has a great relationship with everyone at the club and it would take a massive deal to pull him out of the club.

“The reality is Dylan is a different individual. He walks to the beat of his own drum.

“Dylan is a free spirit and if I went to the open market, he would have a stack of clubs chasing him. I’ve had calls from a few clubs but I’ve respected Dylan’s request not to worry about contracts until the World Cup is out of the way.”

Just a month out from their first pre-season, the Dolphins have yet to fill their 30-man roster, but Reader dismissed concerns about their recruitment following the Munster setback.

“We need to sign another six players but under NRL rules, you need to have 24 players by November 1 and we have met that,” Reader said.

“There is still plenty of time before we officially run out in March next year.

“Wayne (Bennett) has spoken about the need for patience and we still have some firepower to add to our squad.

“While we have missed out on Cam, there will be other quality players on the market and guys will get squeezed out because of the salary cap.

“The Dolphins still have funds in the cap to add quality for 2023 before we start worrying about our second season in 2024.
Wait… browns on 850k already? Marley add another bloke who was earning 350k more than burton!!!

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d offer all those names mentioned a hard pass