How much should we offer Moses ?

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Has arguably one of the best running games in the comp. He and Deardan tied are the best defensive halves in the league. His kicking game isn’t as bad as you are making it. I can’t see any logic behind this take. It’s dogshit. Wighton gets carried by the talent of Young, Timoko and Rapana on that left edge. He gets credit for doing completely nothing when others should be getting the credit they deserve.
Credit for doing completely nothing sounds exactly like Brown LOL how many man of the match awards is that in 3 season for Brown now, 1? LOL

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I know alot of people are critical of Mitchell Moses but he has a very good record against the Storm and Panthers teams over the last 3 seasons. Parramatta have beaten both those teams regulalry and Mitchell has been the reason for that.
Think the record against Penrith is heavily overstated bro. 2 and 2 this year with one win being when Cleary was sent off in the first half. Last year I think it was 0/3 against Penrith. Still a few halves in front of him to be commanding the money they are potentially asking IMO. Unless that is just paper talk.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He probably is worth grabbing.. he does the job and does it well. Give Burton and Moses a solid forward pack and some space they could probably get you a trophy.

Moses or Crighton?

Could we manage both?

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’d take Moses. Genuine half, with a great kicking game. Price is difficult, maybe 900

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What has Wakeham done to upset the Kennel? He played two games in first grade last season, he scored a try against Manly and played well in terrible conditions. He did nothing wrong in the next game (Storm 0 - 44) in a badly beaten team and then got injured for a few weeks. Since then he has played well every week in the reggies and helped to steer them to the grand final - but never got another go in FG even though Flanagan's deficiencies were obvious to everybody except the coaching staff (and Flanagun)!

Watch him blossom in the World Cup for Fiji.
Second half in finals v Newtown prime example and generally what I see when he plays first grade. Inconsistent and poor decision making.
We could argue that player 'A' will be better with Ciraldo. Same was said about Baz credited with Penriths attack.
Ciraldos ability to head coach the Dogs, Ill believe it when I see it.
Im not hating, looking forward to next year and wish Wakeham all the best at his next Club.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I didn't say it was his fault. But he played like shit, and was a liability in defence with Kikau running at him.
You said that he went missing which isn't true. No halfback in 2022 can do anything when their pack is dominated.

Kikau had 0 linebreaks, 0 linebreak assists & 0 try assists. Moses wasn't even in the top 5 missed tackles count.

1665204664227.png

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He probably is worth grabbing.. he does the job and does it well. Give Burton and Moses a solid forward pack and some space they could probably get you a trophy.

Moses or Crighton?

Could we manage both?
We should not be signing Crichton at all. He's overrated & not worth 800k a season.

dogon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Moses , just like his uncle “back door“ Benny Elias is destined to NEVER an NRL title .
He can see out his career at the Eels .
Seems such a long time ago the 'Door' used the tradesman's entrance & got himself in the poo.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This is not the way. We need to work with what we HAVE, not rely on imagining what we could get. The demise of the great Bulldogs club since 2015 has been first and foremost because of spending too much money on the wrong players.

We now have CC, the most sought after prospect in coaching. Let's give him some time with what we HAVE, and a bit of room to try and get a few additional players at good value. The team for 2023 is already looking stronger, Kiks, Mahoney, Burton, Fox, King, TPJ, Thompson, Jackson, RFM, Sutton are all at the minimum capable first graders, most of them have the ability to be elite, or already are elite. Averillo, Alamoti, Kiraz, Topine, are all still youngsters who have already shown class at NRL level, or promise to. Our NSW Cup team made the GF! Let's see what CC can do with what we HAVE, and who he considers good value for bringing in and filling the gaps in the squad. We need to get out of the cycle of paying players good money because we are trying to prove to them that we are a team worth playing for and instead get into the cycle where players come to us to prove that they are worth paying good money to stay here.

A big development program with clear pathways is an important part of the system, and that is well under way. Signing someone like Moses for $1.1M is antithetical to what is being built. We shouldn't be doing it, and it is dumb to be talking about it.
Top post