How much should we offer Moses ?

B-Town Lad

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
he is a non winner, dont want him. the riff boys are winners
So what’s your solution bulldog Steve. Sign Cleary? Lol

Mitchell has won 60 from his last 90 games wit Parra. That’s a very high nrl strike rate. Winner

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
With Munster and Hunt now re-signed the Tigers and Dolphins are going to make a big play for Mitchell Moses. They say he's on 900K at the Eels. I was hoping we may get him for a MIL a season from 2024 but looks like it would take more than that now and is he really worth it ? Didn't look so in the finals this year.

But we really need a proven dominant 7 with a good short kicking game more than anything. Only other option could be Hastings. Sullivan is like BBO. Great running game but doesn't seem to have a real kicking or passing game.

I'd offer Moses 1.1M and Hastings 800K then see what happens.

For 2024 if we could get Moses, Chrichton and Leniu I think we'd be a premiership contender. With Hastings not so much.

Thoughts ?
I'll give him $4.50 plus a party pie.

That prick turned his back on the Tigers, the team that made him, mid-contract. Can't stand him.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'll give him $4.50 plus a party pie.

That prick turned his back on the Tigers, the team that made him, mid-contract. Can't stand him.
UMMM no, I think you'll find it was the Tigers who turned on Mitchell, they pulled their offer from the table because they said they prioritised Woods and Tedesco and said they may 're-visit' an offer to Moses. That's why he asked for a release.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
UMMM no, I think you'll find it was the Tigers who turned on Mitchell, they pulled their offer from the table because they said they prioritised Woods and Tedesco and said they may 're-visit' the offer Moses. That's why he asked for a release.
He didn't honor his contract. He spat the dummy because his NEXT contract was going to be less than they originally offered him when they realised they couldn't afford it.

Yes, the Tigers stuffed up, but he was the one who broke his contract. If he didn't want to stay and wanted to go to Parra, that's fine, but don't do it mid-contract.

We're all too familiar what it's like to have playing leaving while still contracted to us... it's a bitch.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He didn't honor his contract. He spat the dummy because his NEXT contract was going to be less than they originally offered him when they realised they couldn't afford it.

Yes, the Tigers stuffed up, but he was the one who broke his contract. If he didn't want to stay and wanted to go to Parra, that's fine, but don't do it mid-contract.

We're all too familiar what it's like to have playing leaving while still contracted to us... it's a bitch.
The Wests Tigers offer was more than Parramatta initially signed him for, But Ivan and co pulled it soon after because they priorotised Woods and Tedesco and lost all three. He didn't break his contract. He asked for a release because he wasn't part of their plans for the future. The Tigers agreed to him being released because it actually helped them with the cap issues they were having. It worked out for both parties.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what’s your solution bulldog Steve. Sign Cleary? Lol

Mitchell has won 60 from his last 90 games wit Parra. That’s a very high nrl strike rate. Winner
Has no plan B. All he is really is a better Flanno. He can kick a bomb oh yay. Has zero in term of being a halfback or having tactical nous so to speak. There actually isn't that many halfbacks I'd want. Jeez I's sell the fam for Jarohme Hughes though, he's the type we need. We have a kicking 5/8 in Burto!

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Did you have to bring up Sharon, don't know who did that signing but that was one of the worst signings in the club's history, thankfully it didn't last long.

She came to us from the West Tigers and at the same time Teddy left the West Tigers to go to the Rorters!

Has there ever been a bigger disparity, of two players, from the one club in ARL / NRL history?
Great post.

Loved the part I have put in bold.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has no plan B. All he is really is a better Flanno. He can kick a bomb oh yay. Has zero in term of being a halfback or having tactical nous so to speak. There actually isn't that many halfbacks I'd want. Jeez I's sell the fam for Jarohme Hughes though, he's the type we need. We have a kicking 5/8 in Burto!
Lol a better Flanno?

Moses has a great kicking game, one of the best running games and can throw a decent ball to put his players through a hole or as a cut-out.

He is 10x the player Flanno is and that’s being generous

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Let's face it, we can elaborate on who will be signed or more precisely the rumours of who we can sign, Infact every man and his bulldog knows what our priorities are, importantly I can reveal from now on we will not be signing reserve graders to play 1st grade it will be the other way around !
Our 1st priority a Halfback
I believe the most probable a swap deal between Flanagan & Sullivan with us probably paying a fraction of Flanagan's contract to make it happen.
The 2nd priority a Fullback
The verdict of most of our fellow fans is that Averillo will not be tgood enough but who is, who can we sign that would have the basic skills for a fullback to
1. Read and organise the defence.
2. Backup create and pass the ball.
3. Be safe under the ball.
Am I too demanding ?
IMO Averillo, Crichton or Laurie lack diferent but important skills.
The most difficult PRIOTITY
A prop a leader WHO IS STRONG MENTALLY AND PHYSICALLY that can and will demand respect from his team mates and the opposition teams.
The question is, who will that leader be and who will be sacrificed for this to happen ?

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol a better Flanno?

Moses has a great kicking game, one of the best running games and can throw a decent ball to put his players through a hole or as a cut-out.

He is 10x the player Flanno is and that’s being generous
He's also a magician. Did you see the way he fooled 2 touch judges & a referee in to thinking a pass that went 2 metres forward went backwards?

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Oh God that forward pass again lol, it was forward yes but as Rod made me watch it so many times I'd strongly argue 2 metres is inaccurate, about half that imo.
Nearly every hater would be pretty happy to have him as our 7..if we got him I trust Gus and CC now that they think 1.its the right move for us and our spine and 2.we paid the most reasonable amount of $$ we could for his services.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
He's also a magician. Did you see the way he fooled 2 touch judges & a referee in to thinking a pass that went 2 metres forward went backwards?
Among a myriad of reasons, the above was one reason why I was very happy that the Scum lost the Grand Final.

With the successful conversion, that gridiron pass from Moses was worth 6 points to the Scum and they beat the Cowboys by 4.

Horrible to think the pass was ever allowed and it cost the Cowboys a spot in the grand final.

Disgraceful officiating. But we should accustomed to that by now I suppose.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Oh God that forward pass again lol, it was forward yes but as Rod made me watch it so many times I'd strongly argue 2 metres is inaccurate, about half that imo.
Nearly every hater would be pretty happy to have him as our 7..if we got him I trust Gus and CC now that they think 1.its the right move for us and our spine and 2.we paid the most reasonable amount of $$ we could for his services.
1 metre forward is the same as 2 metres forward.

It's still forward and therefore it should have been no try.

With the successful conversion, it was 6 points that the Scum never should have had and they beat the Cowboys by 4.

The disgraceful officiating on that forward pass robbed Cowboys of a spot in the Grand Final.

It was justice that the Scum lost the grand final. In fact, not only did the Scum lose, they got abolutely fu**ing smashed.