How much should we offer Moses ?

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
If Munster is on 1.2m than paying Moses 1.1m would seem absurd...however what are our choices? This is what happens when there is a lack of quality half backs available....players like Moses will be offered ridiculous money
Munster knocked back $1.4m x 4 years and resigned for $1m x 4 years with Storm. Me thinks the NRL needs to review the Storms books again, or will they just wait till photos emerge of that new boat parked in front of the Munster house?

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Media is linking us to every available half in the comp. Haha

Hunt (until recently)
Jaydon Hastings
Moses (No)

Next year Mahoney will deliver good service - our forwards can roll - Kikau will make our left side lethal and kick arse.

Flanno’s last year, Hastings to be grown into a first grader and we protect out cap.

We still need another prop and a centre - the build is wondeful to watch.

Last edited:

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The dogs will develop their own half to play first grade.
Absolutely. This has to be the way to go.
In 2-3 years we may be close to having a decent 7 through development.
Which will hopefully be when we're ready to challenge the top 3 or 4 clubs.
Unless Cleary falls in our lap I really don't see the point of even considering buying one of these other players.
Personally, wouldn't pay $1million a year for Moses

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
The little turd is in hiding.

He missed the birth of his first child when Parrascum played Cowboys so he could guide the Parrascum to the premiership - look how that turned out.

The Parrascum can lose a grand final more than once but he chose to put football ahead of being there for the birth of his first child - a once in a lifetime occasion. Very, very bad decision in my opinion. And now he's stuck with it for life.
Yeah I don’t know I reckon you go well fuck what am I going to do anyway on the day the doctors have it covered and I’ll be there if we win or loose after the game and it will be the highest of highs either way but thinking of our young families future and my uncertain football career I need to earn as much as I possibly can at the moment and things like leading a team that hasn’t won a final for so many years is going to give me future bargaining power. I’m hoping we will have another and I’ll be there for that but at the moment this makes sense.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get the desire for a strong & experienced spine, We have Burton and from next year we have Reed.

760 Burton
600 Mahoney

Then rumours are we are sniffing around Stephen Crichton rumours of around 850K. If we get Moses at around 1Mill+ I am concerned it is too much of our cap spent in the spine, we have gone from one extreme to the other. Not only that but do we think adding two Ex Panthers to half an Eels spine will result in success?

Is paying 1Mill+ a season for a player while is 28 and should be in his prime but still goes missing in games smart?

Maybe pairing him with Burton will bring out the best in both players but seems a huge gamble, I will trust in what Gus and Ciro decide but this talk of Moses on such a large amount of coin likely for 4 years is making me nervous.

I think it is Crichton or Moses we can't sign both. One of those spine positions will need to be filled by someone that is value for money. Maybe it will be Averillo at the back or Jayden Sullivan in the Halves.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I don’t know I reckon you go well fuck what am I going to do anyway on the day the doctors have it covered and I’ll be there if we win or loose after the game and it will be the highest of highs either way but thinking of our young families future and my uncertain football career I need to earn as much as I possibly can at the moment and things like leading a team that hasn’t won a final for so many years is going to give me future bargaining power. I’m hoping we will have another and I’ll be there for that but at the moment this makes sense.
No doubt it would be a tough choice.
Another option could be to plan for a bub outside of footy season, win win.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That soy latte looking enthusiast has no business joining the bulldogs. Just like that pasty feminine Sharon woods had no business joining the club.

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
That soy latte looking enthusiast has no business joining the bulldogs. Just like that pasty feminine Sharon woods had no business joining the club.
You just don't like him because he is a female to male tranny

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you have to bring up Sharon, don't know who did that signing but that was one of the worst signings in the club's history, thankfully it didn't last long.

She came to us from the West Tigers and at the same time Teddy left the West Tigers to go to the Rorters!

Has there ever been a bigger disparity, of two players, from the one club in ARL / NRL history?

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Munster knocked back $1.4m x 4 years and resigned for $1m x 4 years with Storm. Me thinks the NRL needs to review the Storms books again, or will they just wait till photos emerge of that new boat parked in front of the Munster house?
The NRL are a joke, but so is the AFL. A GC Suns player had a contract for $800k for each of the next 2 years BUT signed with Geelong today a contract for $800k for the next 4 years. So he is effectively playing for Geelong 2 years for nothing. Yes a more successful team, but would you cut your salary in half for that? I'd be checking his mattress over the next few years to see what it is stuffed with.