How much should we offer Moses ?

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I suppose you look at the situation where Mahoney and Moses helped the lemons to a GF. Who knows we may just have the ingredients to take them that one step higher.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I trust Gus and Ciraldo to make the right decision. If they want Moses, I'll back them. If not, I'm sure they have a better alternative in mind.
Honestly we could sign God to play HB for $1 and some people will still be bitching. Cant please everyone

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why not Moses at 1M with a cheap non-spine position, rather than a shitty 500k halfback with another 400k non-spine position?

I can assure you, Moses would be more influential amd beneficial to the team.
How about not. He’s not a million dollar half it’s just that simple. That’s half a million you can spend on a decent centre or prop.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How about not. He’s not a million dollar half it’s just that simple. That’s half a million you can spend on a decent centre or prop.
LOL bro, your'e starting to come across like an ex, in regards to Moses

Cartel

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Moses cracks in moments when it matters

Get over him

Flanagan stays until hopefully Hayward rises up the ranks....unless Mr Cleary comes along which will not happen

I have a good feeling young Hayward is going to develop into a class 1st grade halfback under the coaches and systems put in place

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL bro, your'e starting to come across like an ex, in regards to Moses
You are the one that wants to pay Moses a million bucks when at the end of the day he doesn’t deliver when it matters. Develop our own it’s what Ciraldo was fantastic at. If that means Flanno till then so be it but we shouldn’t rush and sign a mediocre half on a million

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need a marquee half before we need any centre or prop
we need everything and I don’t feel there is a top half that is there. Moses isn’t Hughes. The blue was last year Hynes was there! That’s when we had an opportunity.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
You are the one that wants to pay Moses a million bucks when at the end of the day he doesn’t deliver when it matters. Develop our own it’s what Ciraldo was fantastic at. If that means Flanno till then so be it but we shouldn’t rush and sign a mediocre half on a million
Will take more than 1m to get Moses, he'll get that at Eel

There are no elite halfbacks on the market. The best we're going to get is a quality half and Moses is one of the best in that bracket (which we won't get due to what we'd have to pay).

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
moses is a soft cock and a non winner, failed at every high level under pressure
It doesn't matter....
We are currently a club under development.
We need players that will elevate us to top 4 and then we inject 1 or 2 key players who can take us to a premiership.

Moses has the ability to transform this team and have us playing finals. Whether he can win us a premiership is debatable.

Get him for a couple of seasons (even at 1M) and then look to replace him if you aren't convinced he can deliver.

Sit on your laurels now, and it will be another few years of misery without finals....

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Neither of those guys will get you into finals.
The club has already put blind faith in Burton we can't afford to neglect the halfback spot while Burton "unlocks" himself.

With regards to the money.....people seem to think if we get a high profile player on big coin we are stuck with him.... no one can hold a gun to the club and force them to extend a contract. Just sign up a quality half that we need for 2 years, get us into finals, let the young guys and club experience finals again and if that half doesn't seem to be the one to deliver a premiership, punt him and get someone even more expensive or at least have your young pups aspire to beat the one you have rather than think bearing Flanno is worthy of a first grade spot.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There you go. I'm glad you mentioned it, coz I suspected it....

You would rather stick with Flanno on 500k and fail to make finals rather than pay someone like Moses around 1M for 2 years and just about guarantee finals in those 2 years....

That's where we differ. The way I see it, we are currently overpaying Flanno by 300k. Even if you think Moses at 1M is 300k over his worth, you know inside you he will elevate this team and we will be in the top 8.

We have misses out on Munster and Hunt and we keep coming up with excuses everytime Cleary, DCE or Hughes come off contract. If we keep burying our head in the sands, we will be stuck with a Flanno type and have to waste our salary cap $$ on forwards due to the cap floor.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Burton will be a star for us hopefully for many years, but we wont see his best or the teams best without a quality 7 that can organize and take some of the attacking options. We are at least a couple of years from any of our juniors being genuine first grade options, and they could benifit from having a good experinced half at the club to help them develop. (Like when we signed Sticky.)

Its either something now even if it costs us extra $, or get used to not being a genuine finals threat for at least another couple of years..

Even someone like Jayden Sullivan is going to cost us north or $500-600k so there is no easy or cheap option.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Develop our own. I trust Ciraldo to do that
Like who? Wakeham? We all waited 4 or 5 years for Wakeham who had massive wraps on him to be first grade ready. When he finally got to first grade he delivered Jack. We need a quality halfback and we need it now. The promising juniors you want Ciraldo to develop will be able to learn a lot from the quality half we have. Ciraldo doesn’t just have a magic wand.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So many people getting a hard on over Moses when he probably won't even be available. Parra will do everything they can to re-sign him and he's given no indication he wants to leave.

I also can't see a defensive coach like Ciraldo wanting a turnstyle like Moses, or Gus wanting to pay huge money for him. Which is why he's looking at other options.

The Faz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You can want Flanagan gone and also not want to pay a million for Moses. Nth Qld got Dearden and Townsend and made the top 4. Sure there aren't great options on the market, but surprise options always pop up or people you don't expect like the two Cowboys halves end up looking great..
Yeah, but the Cows are paying $900k for Townsend. A gamble that paid off. Maybe ours will too and I’m willing to bet that it does.