How much have we really improved the roster?

Where will we finish based on our current roster?

• Top 4

• 5-6

• 7-8

• 9-12

• 14-16

Results are only viewable after voting.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are all applauding some of the recent signings such as:

Cotric
Flanagan
Hetherington
Waddell
Thompson

And guys coming back from long-term injuries:

Stimson
Elliot

But how much have we improved our roster realistically?

Say Flanagan goes down with a long term injury, our halves pairing is back to Lewis and Wakeham (or a rookie Averillo).

We still have no hooker signed. And we are relying on Meaney to develop into a first grader at fullback. And our wingers are nothing to get excited about.

The biggest unknown is how much more Barrett and co. can get out of this team.

My prediction is a 9-12th finish.
The reality is the team for 2021,is a 100% improvement on that of last year,and I’m expecting that we will go very close to the top 8,instead of all the ifs and but’s,how about some positivity.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Top 8 is way optimistic IMO but hey be great.

To get into the 8 the Top 6 seem locked in already so who are we gonna push out 2 take their place....Knights or Sharks?

Can see Titans in the 8 so that leaves 1 spot. Can we beat off the rest vying for a place?

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

To get into the 8 the Top 6 seem locked in already so who are we gonna push out 2 take their place....Knights or Sharks?

Can see Titans in the 8 so that leaves 1 spot. Can we beat off the rest vying for a place?
if we are competing for a top 8 spot this year that would be great, i think we can, with only one true half flannigan holds alot of our hope unfortunately. Unless one of Wakeham or Averillo can step up and play 6.

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score

This is incredibly accurate. Despite giving us a chance against some of those teams who finished in the Top 6 last year, none of them have been disadvantaged significantly in the off season.

I think against the other 9 sides we can definitely win but can't have such inconsistent performances like we did last year.

We lost too many games last season by close margins so it is evident that Baz has gone out and bought players with consistency (Flanno, Allan, JAC, Cotric) as well as X factor with Burton and Hetherington.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
To the Knightmares and the Sharks I would add Parramatta. I think they might struggle this season, in players that they have lost being a lot more NRL worthy than they have gained.

Go Dogs

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

Knights getting J. Brailey back will be massive for them. I think the Sharks at the only team who are going to fall out of the eight. I can see the Eels falling but still staying in the eight. Manly are a weird team, if T. Trbojevic and Foran remain fit I think they'll make the eight, they also need Fainu back asap.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If anything it’s addition by subtraction. We have strengthened our backline while getting rid of players that struggled with first grade. We got one of the better halves under 22 in the Comp. and we released a forward on big coin for a couple of younger guys that by all reports have a bit of mongrel in them.

We were seldomly thrashed last year. Lost 7-8 games by under 6. So in that regards we should be competing for 8th. But I’d be happy with having our younger kids kicking on and nailing down first grade positions, and getting the team playing well before we roll out the carpet for our marquee arrivals in JAC and burton plus it seems likely a hooker for 22. Which by then I think finishing 7-8 might be considered a failed season.

As it stands at the moment 8th would be fantastic. But 9-10 would be a solid year. Anything above 8 would be unbelievable and an over achievement.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My conclusion of our situation is based on the three Fs and more...
Fact...The squad is much more talented this year even without Foran who has hardly played !
Faith...The players have much more faith in the current coaching squad !
Fitness...The team haven't been this fit at this early stage for many many years !
And more, we have management and board who dedicate their efforts for bettering the club...Not self interests !!!

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even a few of his fellow fans have shut him down. This is one of them hahabView attachment 20093
it cannot be easy being a Tigers fan... a messy merger "club" comprising relics that could no longer stand on their own, a crappy name, crappier logo, crappiest kits, train at Concord, play out of Leichhardt, Leumeah, Parramatta and Homebush, perennially out of finals, bombed a premiership in 2010-2011 and have one solitary year of success in 2005

a club history that could have been written by Mary Shelley